Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

BW-on Speed Fighting- Landorus-EX, Lucario-EX, Stunfisk LTR (Extended)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walrusaurus

Hello PokeGym users!

This deck is for the Extended Black and White-on format next season. Not sure how competitive it is, but it sure is ridiculous.

Strategy:
Try to go second, and then try to win fast as possible by tearing through your deck with Maintenance, Juniper/Sycamore, Random Receiver, and Bicycle (Thanks to Jay Horung for the idea of this draw engine). Use Muscle Band, Strong Energy, Laser, and PlusPower to do as much damage as you can. This deck is designed with no late game in mind, so you have to win as fast as possible.

Here's the list:

8 Pokemon:
4 Landorus-EX (Main attacker)
2 Lucario-EX (Has a different Weakness)
2 Stunfisk LTR (Safeguard counter)

42 Trainers:
4 Professor Juniper/Sycamore
4 Random Receiver
4 Bicycle
4 Maintenance
2 Pal Pad

4 Muscle Band
4 Hypnotoxic Laser
4 PlusPower
3 Ultra Ball
3 Pokemon Catcher
1 Professor's Letter
1 Switch

1 Computer Search

3 Virbank City Gym

10 Energy:
4 Strong
6 Fighting

Translations (thanks to PokeBeach)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strong Energy- Special Energy Card
This card can only be attached to a [F] Pokemon. As long as it's attached to a [F] Pokemon it provides 1 [F] Energy. Attacks from the Pokemon this card is attached to do 20 more damage to your opponent's Active Pokemon. Discard this card if the Pokemon this card is attached to is no longer [F].
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maintenance- Trainer
Item
Shuffle 2 cards from your hand back into your deck, then draw 1 card. (This card can't be one of the cards you return.)

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is my results from playing this deck's first turn (provided it goes second) solo.

Game:
1: 90-30 (Damage: Active-Bench)
2: 70-20
3: 90-30
4: 80-30
5: 110-20
6: 100-30
7: 120-30
8: 90-30
9: 50-20
10: 100-30

So I average 90 damage to the Active on my first turn. Since this was done solo, and because I only did 10 games, it's obviously not 100% accurate, but it should give you an idea of what this deck could do.

If you have any ideas or criticism, please feel free to share it.

Thank you.

I would highly recommend finding room for Korinna (search for a fighting pokemon + an item). Here's the change I would make:

-4 Pluspower: you already have Muscle Band and Virbank+ Hypnotoxic for added damage.
-3 Pokemon Catcher
+4 Korrina
+2 Lysandre
+1 Ultra Ball

Also, I'd make it 3 Landorus and 3 Lucario just to make things a bit more even.

I would highly recommend finding room for Korinna (search for a fighting pokemon + an item). Here's the change I would make:

-4 Pluspower: you already have Muscle Band and Virbank+ Hypnotoxic for added damage.
-3 Pokemon Catcher
+4 Korrina
+2 Lysandre
+1 Ultra Ball

Also, I'd make it 3 Landorus and 3 Lucario just to make things a bit more even.

Korrina and Lysandre aren't really compatible with the Maintenance draw engine. The deck I posted was supposed to be a "win early or don't win at all" deck, but if I were to use a Fighting variant at a serious event, it would be one with the changes you suggested.

Here is a variant focusing more on a late-game:
12 Pokemon:
3 Landorus-EX
3 Lucario-EX
1 M Lucario-EX
2 Landorus FUF (Furious Fists)
1 Hawlucha FUF
1 Stunfisk LTR
1 Hawlucha-EX

37 Trainers:
4 Professor Juniper/Sycamore
4 N
4 Korrina
1 Colress
2 Lysandre
1 Pal Pad

3 Ultra Ball (Korrina should be able to get Pokemon just fine, so I'm not sure if 4 is necessary)
4 Muscle Band
2 Focus Sash
2 Startling Megaphone
2 Escape Rope
1 Switch
2 Enhanced Hammer
1 Sacred Ash

1 Computer Search

3 Fighting Stadium

11 Energy:
4 Strong
7 Fighting

Thanks for the recommendations.

Last edited:
with lucario mega ex and celebi ex on the bench you have 4 attacks to choose from... least thats my build for it.

yes because its an evolution, so it still takes affect. the issuse with Megas is only having 1 attack. but Celebi gives you 4 attacks to use, so crushing hammers or enhanced hammers wont hurt you like your opponent will want. and helps with getting around Pyroar which is a big problem. also Garbotoxin wouldnt be a bad idea to tech in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back