2 Windstorm

Energy (15)
13 Fighting
2 DRE

Anyway, goal is to T2 or T3 Lucario.
Then you just swing w/ Lucario until you find the Lv. X
Then bring up Lucario Lv. X
Swing for 80 or 40 and 20.
Next turn try to SSU it back to your hand and play it again.
If not then just attack again for 80 or 40 and 20.
Then they kill you and you respond w/ a Premier Ball brangin back Lucario Lv. X, play it again.
Rinse, Lather, Repeat. Essentially you could have it to where ever other turn your opponent can't attack Lucario Lv. X

Last edited:
im not so sure that lucario on its own packs enough punch now for it to be of much use.
but the way i see you cycleing through the lv x's using stance every turn to every other turn does seem like it would make it a formidable foe.

i would play stevens over birch though.

A few people played Straight Lucario at nationals and didnt do bad with it at all.

+Claydol Ex

just because it would be fun to see look on someones face and say,You play with that card??

I really like the idea of this deck... really. I love the SSU idea and everything, I don't see why I have never thought of this :lol:

I will definitely be making a side deck of this to play around with.

i agree that lucario isn't powerful enough, so many decks easily deal with it, i don't think it has potential for donking either because it could work in a pachi metagame, but pachi makes it so you can't win by donking

stance honestly isn't that good, warp point gets rid of it and alot of decks can hit the bench if they can't warp point,

How does the 1 lvl x work?

I would try to make the strategy based around using a Lucario lvl X every single turn, by SSU or premier balling every turn. Have you thought about a 2/2 lucario line?

How does the 1 lvl x work?

I would try to make the strategy based around using a Lucario lvl X every single turn, by SSU or premier balling every turn. Have you thought about a 2/2 lucario line?

I actually have though about it but I'm still hesitant.
Cause if 1 of your 2 Lucarios are prized, well I could be screwed as well. And that would also mean that I would have to draw into my 2nd one before my opponent knocks out my active and then take 2 more turns to get out the Lv. X.
It just seems more dangarous.
The 3 Island Hermit idea could work though, and I would feel much safer broadening my chances of drawing the Lv. X IF it does get prized.
And w/ 3 Lucario I will almost always have a backup benched.
I'll test it w/ 2/2 though.

DRE is a bad play here because you lose out on a lot of "damage boundaries" and avoid being able to go up to boundaries with pluspower or strength charm. Amulet coin and cessation crystal are very good with Lucario (but not Claydol) for the least of which no Pachirisu will dare smash short you. It reduces Aura Sphere from doing a nifty 60 spread do a pretty lowsy 40.

Personally, I think 4-3-1 is the play but you need timespace distortion here because it can do lots and lots of things. Absol ex has worked great for me, but I guess that depends whether there is Magmortar about or not.

3 premier ball is overkill for just one level X, it would work a lot better as master ball. With quick ball, play Pachirisu. Better than windstorm. Or Tauros if you "ph33r teh stadyums".

Why is the hermit on the island? He was exiled because he is a bad card!

I'm also not really liking the DRE in this. Reducing Lucario down to 30/10 just seems so bad, but I understand you might be worried about having to catch back up if you get KO'd twice quickly. A Plusle and/or Minun could probably work wonders in this, but you have to worry about starting with them. Multiple TSD is probably also needed to replace your normal Lucario quickly. Finally, you really need to abuse Claydol more and disrupt your opponent by using TGW. It's a safe play since Claydol will bring you up to 6 cards even if you lose. I'd drop 1 Island Hermit, 1 Copycat, and both Steven's for 4 TGW. Oh, and in place of the DRE have you tried Crystal Beach or possibly Scramble, if you want to keep the energy count the same?

I really do like this deck after trying your list, it's actually more consistent than I would have thought. About the only thing I can think of so far is -1 Island Hermit, +1 TGW. 2 DRE is just pefect when you have to recycle Lucario Lv X on the go and guards against the odd energy drought. But yeah, really neat deck. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back