Speed Shiftry

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Spectreon, Feb 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Man this is hard... Right off the deck is totally viable, and can consistantly win.... except against Blaze... meaning like 1/3's to 1/2 of the time it will loose, just for this fact..... This deck was made for myself and a friend. She was playing with the same idea as I was, and I incorparated the main theme. GET SHIFTRY'S SWARMED ASAP!!! A different friend may play this at CC this weekend, he will test it tomorrow.....

Well, here goes....
    21 Pokemon
    4 Dunsparce (Sandstorm duh)
    2 Wynaut
    3 Wobbuffett (Sandstorm)
    4 Seedot (2 of each)
    4 Nuzzleafs (Stunspore)
    4 Shiftry (holo)

23 Trainers
    3 Proffessor Oaks Research
    3 Copycat
    3 Desert Shaman
    3 Mr Briney's Compassion
    1 Town Volunteers
    1 Fisherman
    3 Switch
    4 Energy Removal 2
    2 Fast Ball

16 Energy
    10 Grass
    6 Psychic

Instructions:

Ok, simple enough, idea is to start with Sparce, Strike and Run (SAR's) first turn, You want there to be at least 1 Wynaut on bench, and the rest fill with Seedot (1 Wynaut, 1 Sparce, 4 Seedot is best!) Depending on opponents set up, consider using SAR's to put Wynaut up and end turn. The next turns should be spent putting up to 3 Energy on Wynaut, and Alluring Smiles for Nuzzleafs and Shiftry's to evovle Seedots on bench, then finding other Seedots and Finally Wobby. If you know Wynaut will be KOed unless you evolve next turn, then make sure 1 of searched for is Wobbers.... Use whichever attacker you want, and keep energy off of the active with Shiftry's. ER2's to remove energy from whoever, usually bench.....

Other thoughts:

Thanks to Blaze, Fire will be big, this deck prolly cant compete very well, if at all. Against Gardi, it will likely cream it. Otehr decks are weak to this too. Mostly just Blaze regularly beats this. A water Pokemon may be a good idea, but doesnt fit, and wouldnt help as much as you think.... Wailmer SS and Wailord would be best choice though

Another interesting idea is to include Absol (at most 2) and use its attack to force discard after you have them pick up all that energy.... Switch 1-2 Sparce for them, or 1-2 ER2's for them may be a better idea, and take 2 of each Energy and replace with Multi or Rainbow.... Absol is a nice addition, but really not needed...

2. b0n3z

b0n3z New Member

...roselia is a good card for this deck. you also should play crystal shard to kick rayquaza in his ***!

3. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Roselia is usefull, but I havent had a lot of hands were it is viable

I spend the first 3-4 turns evolving up my bench, by then Roselia isnt needed. Wobbers is generally my first attacker, baby Evolving the active Wynaut, then build up what ever on bench..... C Shard is a thought, but not sure where to fit it, and against all this Grass and Wobbers, dont think Blaze/Ray decks will bother sending up Ray anyways.... Kind of a waste.....

4. evilcaturne666

evilcaturne666 New Member

rick its ryan from plano u showed me the shaman/crobat idea wut ru playin for the CC in ft worth ill be ther in 11-14 bracket

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.