Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Speed Spread Generation 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hotness

I name this deck "Amplifier".....seems fitting to me, anyway, i've played this deck for 2 months and it works really well, heres the list:

Pokemon:

1 Electivire Lvl.X
2 Electivire SW
1 Electivire DP
4 Electabuzz DF
2 Elekid DP
2 Elikid DF
3 Ampharos SW
2 Flaaffy SW
3 Mareep SW
1-1 Delcatty PK
1-1 Electrode SW
1 Rayquaza Ex DF

Trainers/ Supporters:

2 Holon Mentor
2 Copycat
2 Steven's Advice
2 Night Maintenance
2 Warp Point
2 Plus Power
3 Celio's Network
3 TV Reporter
3 Rare Candy

Energy:

2 Double Rainbow
2 Warp
11 Electric

Strategy:

Basically you just put as much damage as possible on your opponents pokemon. This deck locks down your opponent while also spreading damage if they were to play a supporter of attach an energy. Electivire Lvl.X's Pokepower is godly, each time you opponent attaches energy they take 20, Ampharos is also a major lockdown card, Jamming is the best thing ever!!!, each time your opponent plays a supporter card they risk all thier pokemon getting dealt 10 damage. If you ever find yourself losing with this deck.....this is where Rayquaza Ex comes into play, By this point you should have dealt enough damage to the bench to where rayquaza can snipe for a good 30 or 50 damage for only 1 energy, and pick off the tiny basics on thier bench, This card is a game winner!!! I play the Electabuzz DF because of its "power of evolution" power, it lets you draw a card from the bottom of your deck if its evolved from elekid.

So...that about sums the strategy up.

Gallade poses a threat against this deck, but the massive spread of damage weakens it so i can OHKO it, and just about anything.

Fixes Are Appreciated!!!

Last edited:
nobody i've ever played plays cessation crystal.......i only side in windstorm for tourny's

electrode can be a good T2 win

ampharos isn't a viable spread mechanism against gallade, it can just use your supporters most of the time and it's pokemon are all differrent types, and unfortunately that is a very popular pokemon and is this decks weakness as well

it's really weird though because a very new player at my league made almost this exact deck, i know this isn't the same person because i beat it using cessations the entire game,i would have never thought that i'd see another player play them all together, especially a player that's been around long enough to remember speed spread from the last format,

i will say that they work together better than you would think but i don't know how well they would do in such an aggressive format, there are 2 super good decks out right now that are being played by top players and especially bad players that can't make there own decks strong enough to perform at a tourney, this kind of gets pwned by at least one of them, i don't know how well it does against magmorter, i'm sure not too good but at least amphys attack and power will come into play

yea...telepass is a big problem, but gardy/gallade won't be the top deck forever, there will probably be a better one when Great Encounters comes out

Use heavy, heavy Roseanne's/Mentor to get basics in high quantity. Remember that with two mentors you can develop three Electabuzz for three cards a turn which is really efficent and still leaves bench space for more basics you search. It just makes complete sense to run 7 or 8 combined.

I really don't see the need for the Delcatty line in here at all, the Electabuzz should draw you more than enough cards without Delcatty clogging up a bench spot as well. Maybe replace those with another 1-1 Electrode, 2 Scramble, or a couple non-Lightning producing energy (Maybe Heal?) to help with the discarding effects your Pokemon have. If you really feel you need the extra draw use Minun and another Mentor instead of Delcatty. I don't see Steven's having much effect with all the possible draw you can do in this, replace those with Roseanne's to help you get set up even faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back