Speed Wailord

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by ryanvergel, Apr 20, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ryanvergel

ryanvergel New Member

Pokemon[16]
    4 Rotom
    1 Phione
    3 Wailmer
    3 Wailord
    1 Lunatone
    1 Baltoy
    1 Claydol
    1 Natu
    1 Xatu

Trainers[28]
    4 Mentor
    4 TVR
    4 Felicity’s
    3 Warp Point
    4 Quick Ball
    3 Celio’s Network
    2 NM
    4 SSU

Energy[16]
    3 Holon WP
    10 Water
    3 Scramble

--
    Try to get a rotom start and discard energy via felicitys/mentor/tvr/lunatone/retreat and then power up wailords. Xatu is to push over any status, and claydol is to help with consistency. Phione is a nice tech to use early game in order to set up your stage 1 lines.

I have a lot of search and draw and 4 SSU which I like with wailord's huge HP. 3 scramble help because I should be sacrificing phione/rotoms early and this will help the energy crisis wailord sometimes experiences.

My only real concern is with sonic blade, but that's why I tried to include 4 SSU and 3 holon WP energy.

Thoughts?

2. pichu bros. rox

pichu bros. rox New Member

Doesn't seem like it would do good due to all the ones. Will only a 3-3 Wailord line work?

Maybe 1-2 Psychic Energy for Xatu and WP.

3. Garchomper

Garchomper New Member

Hmmmmm.......

Try unown G to prevent against sonic blade.
    Another 1-1 wailord to.

Looks like a cool deck.

4. MarchenHG

MarchenHG New Member

You can only power up a wailord every 4 turns, that probably wont work.

5. pichu bros. rox

^Thats why he has Rotom

6. MarchenHG

MarchenHG New Member

haha how does that help with energy attatchment. Its too slow.

7. rerisenphoenix

rerisenphoenix New Member

I'm not gonna lie, I never thought I'd hear 'Speed' and 'Wailord' used in the same sentence. Anyway, I like it, and, yeah, as Pichu Bros. said, I'd try a 4-4 line instead of the 3-3.

8. pichu bros. rox

It can get up to 2 Energy a turn by Turn 2 and can setup Scrambles too.

9. MarchenHG

MarchenHG New Member

This must be a new Rotom, or am I totally reading Old rotom wrong haha, well good deck if your attaching 2 extra energy a turn. MY BAD!!! Still Pichu Bros send me like the attacks of rotom or something lol.

10. Psyco Pedestrian

Psyco Pedestrian New Member

4-4 won't work that well. You want to start off with Rotom. With running a 3-3 of Wailord, you have a 30% of starting with Rotom, with a 4-4, it drops to 27%.

11. pichu bros. rox

^So 3 out of every hundred games, you will start with a Wailmer, etc when you could've started with a Rotom. BIG importance.

12. Magic_Umbreon

Magic_Umbreon Researching Tower Scientist, Retired

Love the deck, hate the Xatu because:

• Opposing special conditions really don't see much play. The odd Magmortar LvX and Flareon but they get drowned by the WHALE.
    • Xatu will only help the self-inflicted sleep 1/4 of the time as 3/4 of the time it will have woken up anyway.
    • There's 7 ways of healing it anyway with warp point and super scoop up.
    • I'd sooner use Vaporeon* with all the mentor. More direct to the point than laying natu first.

I think some form of healing could really rock here, like dawn stadium. Talking abut stadiums, I'd use lake boundary. Which also threatens a T2 Phione KO with Rotom.

What about using Pachirisu as a starter, then after calling for Rotom, use an energy to retreat that can then be attached with Rotom?

Last edited: Apr 20, 2008
  13. Chromecatz

Chromecatz New Member

3-3 is fine, due to their big hp and ssu's and NM. 4-4 would definitely be too many

14. Prize_Card

Prize_Card New Member

you shouldnt run phione or lunatone especially if your only running 1 of each.. I would take those out to add another 1-1 claydol line.. I would suggest a diffrent starter then rotom, because it takes 2 energy to attack.. I would choose something that gets you set up.. Why not furret? think about it baton pass and your half way set up..

15. Chromecatz

Chromecatz New Member

He is using rotom for its no energy attack, to setup wailords quickly.

16. Psyco Pedestrian

Psyco Pedestrian New Member

30%, not 3% Jason. 30% means almost 1 out of 3 games, not 1 out of 100. :lol:

Starting with Rotom is your best option and start, and 3-3 is enough. You have SSU.

17. Prize_Card

Prize_Card New Member

Can someone let me know what rotom does? Is it one from a new set or something?

18. mrdraz07

mrdraz07 New Member

The new Rotom has a free attack that lets you attach 2 energy from the discard pile to any 1 of your Pokemon. I would personally run more Lunatone over 1-1 Claydol.

19. Kabutops141

Kabutops141 New Member

I'd put some Lake Boundaries in as they would help with the Infernape (MD) and Mag match up.

20. amphyrules

amphyrules New Member

Good concept, and i agree, the only real issue with Wailord is the Sonic blade threat. I really like the engine, is there another attacker that could benefit from it?

I'm pretty sure G/G loses popularity next set anyways.

Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.