Speedgar DP-on

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by furrymuskrat03, Jul 12, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. furrymuskrat03

furrymuskrat03 New Member

Strat: get gengar out qiuk and make your opponent pay for all the early game supporters,trainers,and stadiums they have. also a claydol counter. for now, this is only a fun deck
    translations

Gastly LV.14 – Psychic – HP50
    Basic Pokemon

[.] Blackout: Your opponent can’t play any Trainer cards from his or her hand during your opponent’s next turn.
    [P] Trick Gas: 10 damage. You may switch Gastly with one of your Benched Pokemon.

Weakness: Darkness (+10)
    Resistance: Colorless (-20)
    Retreat: 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haunter LV.35 – Psychic – HP80
    Stage 1 – Evolves from Gastly

[.] Smog: The Defending Pokemon is now Poisoned.
    [P]Death Charge: 30 damage. You may search your opponent’s discard pile for up to 3 in any combination of Trainer, Supporter, and Stadium cards, and put them in your opponent’s hand.

Weakness: Darkness (+20)
    Retreat: 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gengar LV.43 – Psychic – HP110
    Stage 2 – Evolves from Haunter

Poke-Power: Death Sentence
    You can use this Power once during your opponent’s turn, when this Pokemon’s HP is reduced to 0 by damage from an attack. Flip a coin, if heads the attacking Pokemon is Knocked Out.

[P] Shadow Loom: Place 3 damage counters on 1 of your opponent’s Pokemon. If that Pokemon has a Poke-Power, place an additional 3 damage counters.
    [P][C] Poltergeist: Look at your opponent’s hand, and do 30 damage for each Trainer card, Supporter card, and Stadium card you find.

Weakness: Darkness (+30)
    Retreat: 0

Cynthia's Plan – Supporter

Return your hand to your deck and shuffle your deck. Then, draw 4 cards from your deck.
    If any of your Pokemon were Knocked Out on your opponent's previous turn, draw an additional 4 cards.

You can use a Supporter once during your turn. To use it, play it next to your Active Pokemon and discard it at the end of your turn.

also Bucks training does "draws 2 cards and increases attack damage by 10" so it is for when i need a pp but dont have it

TM TS 1 does the same thing as phiones attack xcept for no energy
    List
    Pokemon-19
    4-3-4 Gengar
    2-2 'dol
    1-0-1 dusky(dp)
    1-0-1 ampharos
    T,S,S-26
    4 RC
    3 Bucks Training
    3 Bebes
    4 RR
    2 PP(for times when you do 120 when you need 130 and 90 when you need 100 and 60 when you need 70)
    2 Cynthia's plan(for even more gengar death penalty)
    2 night maintenance
    2 warp point(for switching their active. then free retreat. also if you get stuck with claydol up)
    4 TM TS-1
    Energy-12
    10 psychic
    2 electric

Please fix and rate! remember, this is only for a fun deck for now, so it doesnt need to be an AMAZING deck. I just wanna see how it works.(only prob is the noobs with practically no T,S,S. I can at least use dusky)
    also no "THIS DECK SUX U SUX AND NEED A LIFE!" you will be ignored
    also no dre suggestions as this is DP-on and doesnt need DRE anyways

This deck is 2-0
    wins-2
    GG
    Empo
    losses-0

Last edited: Jul 13, 2008
  2. Prize_Card

Prize_Card New Member

I like the idea of amphy in the deck, I would take out dusky and try to add in a 2-2 bronzong cause he is a beastly spreader

3. furrymuskrat03

well, dusknoir has worked really well, but, what would you suggest taking out becides the 1-0-1 dusky?
    also
    wins-2
    GG
    Empo
    losses-0

4. DarkMagnus

DarkMagnus New Member

i'd go a 2-2 Cresslia in the deck it helps Ko the Claydol with out having to waste and attack ( combined with amphy its even better)

5. furrymuskrat03

well, i dont have any cresselia or lv.x so thats out of the question, but bronzong has worked pretty nice

6. furrymuskrat03

Anyone wanna help?

7. marxy

marxy New Member

2 TM TS-2? may work pretty nice with bronzong and gengar's 1st attack.

8. Ho Megas Alexandros

Ho Megas Alexandros New Member

Gastly has one major malfunction. Sableye T1's you.

9. Rai

Rai <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

I think... Gengar's second attack is begging for you to lose a Team Galactic's Wager, forcing your opponent to have a hand they don't have control over. Seems like if you didn't have any methods of forcing your opponent to have an uncontrolled hand, they could just throw Rare Candies, Balls, Stadiums all over the place rather then let you build them up for its second attack to even do any damage. :/

10. Dennis Hawk

Dennis Hawk New Member

IF your opponent plays darkness energy in his/her deck and happens to end up with one in his/her hand without change to search it out with supporter. And if your opponent plays darkness energy, he propably plays dark deck too, and in that case, you're pretty much screwed anyway.

I'd still put in some Call Energies though.

11. fragnito

fragnito New Member

i think you should put in a 1-1 lumineon line so you can look at their hand in the event you needed to use poltergeist... which would also make a case for dusknoir to stay in the deck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.