Speedra with Lock(DP-LA)

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by ChaosKnuckles, Jul 13, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChaosKnuckles

ChaosKnuckles New Member

I made this list today and tried a couple games with it against my TogeChomp. It out sped it by so much I was only able to set up one Chomp out of 2 games. It works great getting Claydol, Kingdra, Alakazam, and a Horsea set-up by turn 3.

Pokemon(19)
    4x Horsea
    3x Seadra
    4x Kingdra

2x Abra
    --------
    2x Alakazam

2x Baltoy
    2x Claydol

Trainers(21)
    4x Rare Candy
    4x PokeFadar
    4x Roseanna's
    4x Bebe's
    4x Felicity's
    1x NM

Energy(20)
    4x Call
    16x Water

Strat: Just get Claydol, Kingdra, Alakazam, and a Horsea set-up by turn 3 and sweep. Call helps get basics along with Roseanna's. Alakazam just shuts down your opponent and helps set up Kingdra's 1st attack 2x faster. Please let me know if you find any problems.

Spoilers:

Horsea LV.8 – Water – HP50
    Basic Pokemon

[C] Smokescreen: If the Defending Pokemon tries to attack during your opponent's next turn, your opponent flips a coin. If tails, the attack fails.
    [W] Reverse Stream: 10 damage. Switch Horsea with one of your Benched Pokemon.

Weakness: Lightning (+10)
    Resistance: none
    Retreat: 1

Seadra LV.35 – Water – HP80
    Stage 1 – Evolves from Horsea

[W] Aqua Pump: 30 damage. You may discard up to 2 Water Energy from your hand. If you do, this attack does an additional 10 damage for each Energy card discarded in this way.
    [W][W][C] Waterfall: 50 damage.

Weakness: Lightning (+20)

Kingdra LV.52 – Water – HP130
    Stage 2 – Evolves from Seadra

[.] Aqua Stream: Choose any number of Water Energy in your discard pile, show them to your opponent, and do 10 damage for each Energy card. Then, return those Energy to your deck and shuffle your deck.
    [W] Dragon Pump: 40 damage. You may discard 2 cards from your hand. If you do, this attack does an additional 20 damage and does 20 damage to 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokemon.

Weakness: Lightning (+30)

Poke-radar – Trainer

Look at the top 5 cards of your deck, choose any number of Pokemon you find there, show them to your opponent, and put them in your hand. Return the remaining cards to your deck and shuffle your deck

Last edited: Jul 14, 2008
  2. TRQLKZ

TRQLKZ Member

I like the idea, but do you really need 20 energy?

3. master of puppets

master of puppets New Member

I play mine with Pluspower and they help a lot when your 10 short of a ko.
    I am still deciding between which I like better, Alakazam or LunaSol. I\'ve tried to get the best of both worlds but it threw off consistency a bit.
    I personally think that 13 Water is all thats needed, but again, I play mine with Pluspower.

4. rerisenphoenix

rerisenphoenix New Member

You need to include a translations for all cards not yet released or I'll have to close your thread. Thanks

5. ChaosKnuckles

ChaosKnuckles New Member

TRQLKZ: 16 Water is to offset the Call energy. Since Some are prized at times 16 is good. Also helps me draw them easier.

master of puppets(best song in the world BTW): I've been trying to fit in some PlusPowers with out losing consistentcy. I've never thought of using LunaSol. Alakazam is alot better IMO, Power Canceling really helps if not makes Kingdra playable. I like to play alot so I can draw into them easier and they are releasing some higher HP pokemon in the next few sets.

rerisenphoenix: Nooo Pokebeach is down again. Please don't lock my thread, I'll get them as soon as P-Beach gets back up.

6. Blaziken 1111

Blaziken 1111 Active Member

Don't play alakazam. It's not needed. Play a 1-1 bronzong MT line or add another claydol line. Felicities and kingdra's first attack is all you need. I would play 2 bucks or plus power. In my list I play 3 bucks and 2 PP but I don't know if you need that many or if you need more. I play my list with 16 water and I find that that's enough with plus power. Also no less than 2 NM I was even trying to fit a third one in.

7. Blazing_Monkey

Blazing_Monkey New Member

Take out the Call and 2 Water Energy for 2 Multi Energy and PlusPower, that way, you can sometimes 2HKO a Gallade or something if you hadn"t sniped it before, I've tried Kingdra, and even 15 Energy is alot.

8. ChaosKnuckles

ChaosKnuckles New Member

Blaziken 1111: Alakazam is needed. Without it this deck can't compete against my TogeChomp. Its not in there to discard, its to scare my opponent to not use powers. With Alakazam it slows my opponent down enough to where I only need 2-3 Kingdra throughout the match. I am teying to fit in some PlusPowers since there have been times I've needed it. Does anybody have any ideas to fit in some PlusPowers. I play 16 water too. I consider the Call more as Roseanna's to help me get set up early on(also lets me save my Roseanna's to grad energys).

Blazeing Monkey: Muli doesn't work if another Multi is attached. 20 is alot of energy, but I like to draw into them with Claydol. And with my luck I usally prize more energys than Pokemon/Trainers. But I will try it with less energy to see how it works.

rerisenphoenix: Pokebeach is back up so I'll get those Spoilers.

Please I need help trying to fit in some PlusPowers.

9. landogriffen

landogriffen New Member

Just take out 2 energies and a Bebe's or a Pokeradar and throw in 3 Pluspower

10. Zathaz

Zathaz New Member

Instead of Alacazam use bronzong mt and IFDS

11. Brawler

Brawler <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

Alakazam cancels powers

Bronzong dosen't

12. sandy4123

sandy4123 New Member

add 1 more night maintenance

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.