Spray Splash Question

Discussion in 'Ask the Rules Team' started by SSBBDaisy, Mar 13, 2011.

8 league13 468 60
  1. SSBBDaisy

SSBBDaisy New Member

Ok, I don't want to sound like I know everything because I definitley do not know everything, especially about pokemon. I say this because I think I know the answer to this but I had an argument with people at my league and they just did not believe me and I didn't believe them.

My question is if I have Broken Time Space in play and I have a kingdra prime (evolved from Horsea>Seadra>Kingdra Prime) and some other pokes on my bench and I use spray spray splash for the turn, then I use super scoop up (flip heads) or even seeker and pick up my kingdra prime and play it back down will I be able to use spray splash again with the same kingdra that I already used it with and picked up with ssc or seeker?

I'm almost positive the answer is yes. My opponent was 1 damage away from loosing his active so I'm pretty sure he just came up with this to buy him that extra turn. The problem was that he got someone agree with him so there was nothing I could really do about. I tried explaining to him that it works the same with crobat g. He said well "crobat g says when you play it from your hand". I replied it dosen't matter when you pick up a pokemon and put it back in your hand (w/ a card that allows that) that limit disappears until you play it back down and use it again.

Or IDK maybe he is right o_0?...............>_>....yea............no >.<

In the end I still won :D!!!!

2. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

You are correct.
    Once a Pokemon is returned to your hand, it is just cards.
    When you play it down again, it is now a new Pokemon and it can use any "once per turn" power even though that same card (but NOT the same Pokemon) used that Power earlier in the turn.