Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Spring Battle Road Info Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
European BRs will all be held in April. We will have a maximum cut size of T4. Might be interesting information. :) *is in the process of updating pokemon.no with Norwegian BR information*

i never understood why they have battleroads held after states and regionals. i mean with a k value of 8 youre lucky to earn 3 points a game.

So we'll get Victory Medal as trophy promo again.

I really was hoping for a new card to make it a little bit more interesting.
I don't expect much attendance with K-value 8 and another series of Victory Medal. :/

[del]
Tego, EU Battle Roads are still showing as April on the OP website. Is this an error?
[/del] I'm sure that I read your post as March or May or well anything but April LOL :( Oh well another brain cell or million bites the dust.

Last edited:
For those in Florida you can follow the link in my signature to see the ones in central Florida.

IMO BRs are for tweaking your decks with the new cards before heading into Nationals and Worlds. Thank you PUI for given us an organized tourney to try the newest cards and deck ideas.

Why did they chose Victory Medal again? There were so many better choises they could have made.:nonono:

What I wonder is this. Why does the USA get to practice with MD before their nats, but we have nats right after the MD release, having no way to competively playtest MD?

Ah, I am sure everyone will copy what the USA is playing post-MD anyways.

Ah, I am sure everyone will copy what the USA is playing post-MD anyways.

I think it may be the other way this year.

Most European National Championships are less than two weeks after the MD release.

There will be a few Battle Roads in the USA the weekend after the MD release. Most good US player's won't play their best decks at a Battle Road tournament but keep it for Nationals. In addition, a deck that wins a Battle Road isn't necessarely a top tier deck.

In many countries in Europe, Nationals will be at May 31th - every player will take out his best MD deck for these events and most good players will test a lot. National Championships in Europe is what sets the metagame for Majestic Dawn, because there are no competitive events in the USA before, and most of the good players keep their best ideas back until there is a big event.

Ah, well then we get into the whole debate of whether those ideas were thought up before MD was released or after. If they were thought up before MD was released, then the USA players might not be coping the EU players since they already had the idea put together and well tested.

Ah, well then we get into the whole debate of whether those ideas were thought up before MD was released or after. If they were thought up before MD was released, then the USA players might not be coping the EU players since they already had the idea put together and well tested.
They will think about their decks before the MD release like players in any other country, that's right, but they can watch the results of the European Nationals and know what the competitive metagame is. Therefore, they can tech against popular decks that did well there.

European players can't copy anything from the USA for their nationals, American players can. Some will do, some won't but can still use the results to make their own decks better.

There will be one Spring BR in Malaysia. We are trying our best though. It's set to be end of April. Just before Nats.

Wow...only what, 3 weeks? Kind of short imo, but ok...

Only prizes for top 2 is still a bit meh (8 boosters and Victory Medal for 1st is fine, but only 4 for 2nd? And none for 3rd and 4th?), and I'll be they're doing cuts to top 4 as well. :(

Eh, I guess it's about the fun, right? Right?...

I am so happy that I will get to test out MD at BRs. I feel really bad for everyone who does not I mean shouldn't we all get it at the same time? That's just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back