Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Spring BR 2007 vs Fall BR 2007 Attendance Comparision

Lawman

OK folks, alot of people were complaining about the lower K value of Fall BRs as compared to Spring BR 2007. If you know the numbers, please post the J/S/M and Total ppl at each event. I think it will be interesting to see the numbers. (At the same city/location)

I'll start:

Sevierville Spring BR: 3/7/12 22 total
Sevierville Fall BR: 8/12/23 43 total

As you can see, my numbers nearly doubled. I think the game is just growing and growing, and as long as your PTO is at least fairly active.....your numbers will grow also. Discuss!

Keith

Yeah I know in Utah our first Autumn BR we had I believe 40 total yesterday by the time all the late people were registered, and we were struggling to get around 30 in the Spring.

For the first weekend in Oregon here's what we had -

Portland:
Spring 15 / 14 / 23 = 52 (this was the 5th event in the series0
Autumn 11 / 12 / 26 = 48 (this was the 1st event in the series)​

Salem:
Spring 7 / 6 / 16 = 29 (this was the 2nd event in the series)
Autumn 9 / 10 / 23 = 42 (this was the 2nd event in the series)​

Both events were held in the same location in Spring and Autumn.

BDS

I know from second-hand knowledge that:

Mesquite, TX Spring BR: 30-ish (all age groups)

Mesquite, TX Fall BR: 50-60'ish (all age groups, with 25-27 in the Masters!!!)

What a great showing from Texas OP!

Great numbers BDS (as always). Thx Warty and Kettler....great numbers there too!

I think we will see a jump in overall numbers in Fall BRs. Players saw with Spring BRs that they really do help you vs. killing ya. Plus, I think people just enjoy playing vs. sitting out!

Keith

Yea I had the same thing like Cyrus. About 25-30 in the spring BR and like 40-45 for the fall BR in Manhattan, NY

I sat a looked at my numbers and realized I should have had at least 15 more. Many of my league players, especially the juniors do not want to compete in Premier events. Wish I could light that fire inside them. They will show up week after week for league, but as soon as the word tournament comes up, they want no part of it. And yes, we do run tournaments at league as well.

I am sure they would tell me they are just playing for the fun of it. But I think they may be intimidated by the changing format and the fact they cannot play with their favorite EX that has rotated.

Thx Matt!

Anyone else want to share any numbers from the 1st wkend?? I'm looking forward to seeing the numbers from week 2.

Keith

Nesodden, Norway

Spring: 13 players
Autumn: 17 players

For Cities we can get around 40 players in this small town, so 17 is not a lot. :| But we grew!

Rockford IL

Spring BR 6/10 : JR 22 / SR 16 / MA 44 = 83
Fall BR 9/29:......JR 18 / SR 23 / MA 31 = 72

I know of several of our regular Masters that did not make the usual long drive to attend. Don't know if it's higher gas prices, lower k value, or just scheduling conflicts that the numbers were lower. But stull quite a decent turnout.

Last edited:
Cuyahoga Falls, OH Gamers, Inc.

Spring 2007: 7/1/16 Total 24
This was the first event at this location.

Fall 2007: 10/15/17 Total 42
So, excellent growth!

10/6/07: Cleveland TN (new location!) (No Spring BR to compare)

13 total players....hoped for 16. This is a new location and will work out well w/ PRs and smallish tourneys.

Keith

North Olmsted, OH, I'm Game (Cleveland)

Spring 2007: 14/10/21 Total 45

Fall 2007: 17/18/23 Total 58

Good growth. This is our biggest location and biggest league.

Last edited:
Santa Clara, (northern) CA Spring Battle Road 59 players

Santa Clara, (northern) CA Fall Battle Road 71 players

Congratulations to Susan and everyone at Team Invasion's Battle Roads! Sorry we couldn't make it, but it was great to see a lot of PokeFriends in Carmichael, CA.

PokeDad
proud parent of Chimcharlie, Carmichael Fall Battle Road Junior Division winner
(thank you to Jason Chin who did not travel to Carmichael)

Here's some more data from Oregon -

Portland #2:
Spring 10 / 14 / 19 = 43 (this was the 4th event in the series)
Autumn 14 / 14 / 29 = 57 (this was the 3rd event in the series)​

Tualatin:
Spring 4 / 6 / 15 = 25 (this was the 3rd event in the series)
Autumn 11 / 10 / 22 = 43 (this was the 4th event in the series)​

Tualatin was held in the same location but the Portland event was in a new shop.

BDS

I think it is safe to say that the overall numbers increased with Autumn BRs vs. Spring 2007 BRs. I know not everyone listed their events (and some will still take place this wkend).

Thx for the input folks!

Keith

Spring Sandusky, Oh - 6/3/13 Total 22
Autumn Sandusky, Oh - 5/7/17 Total 29
Nice increase here!

Spring Kettering (Dayton), Oh - 4/7/11 Total 22
Autumn Dayton, Oh (New Venue) - 5/1/12 Total 18
Slightly down, not all of the Dayton area players are aware of the New Venue, since the old one closed down without notice.

There was no Spring events for Dublin and Hilliard, Ohio

Back