SSB: Melee - Do Me a Favour?

Discussion in 'Electronic Games' started by Dunjohn, Feb 9, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Dunjohn

Dunjohn New Member

I told a friend of mine who recently got Super Smash Bros. Meleé how I'd unlocked the extra characters that I have unlocked. Trouble is, I was hoping that my Gamecube would tell me that, and it doesn't, and I can't remember when and how I unlocked these guys. I could go to any number of websites to find out, but, y'see, there are still two guys that I haven't unlocked, and I don't want to find out who they are or how to get them myself! If I went to a tips site, I'd probably definitely accidently read their names!

So, can anyone tell me how I unlocked the following Dudes? Cheers!

Dr. Mario
    Gannondorf
    Falco
    Young Link
    Luigi
    Pichu
    Jigglypuff
    Mewtwo
    Marth

2. Elite Trainer Raven

Elite Trainer Raven New Member

Mewtwo requires 24 continuous hours to be played. The moment the fight ends after 24 hours, Mewtwo will challenge you. Note: It cannot be in Training Mode.

3. Pidgeotto Trainer

Pidgeotto Trainer New Member

Heres what I remember off hand. You unlocked Dr. Mario by beating adventure mode with Mario. You unlocked Ganondorf by beating that specific Event Match against him with Link.

4. GuardianTIM

GuardianTIM New Member

Jigglypuff is when you beat Adventure mode for the first time (with anyone except Mario - you get Dr Mario instead for that).

5. Team Rocket Elite

Team Rocket Elite New Member

Dr. Mario- Beat Adventure Mode with Mario
    Gannondorf- Beat Triforce Gathering(I think it's Event 29)
    Falco- Beat 100 Man Melee with any character
    Young Link- Beat Classic with at least different 10 characters
    Luigi- Beat the first section of Adventure mode with a --:02.--(the -'s can be any number. You will fight Luigi instead of Mario in the next section. Complete Adventure mode to fight Luigi to unlock him.
    Pichu- Beat Legendary Pokemon(I think it's Event 37)
    Jigglypuff- Beat Classic with any character
    Mewtwo- Play 20 hours of combined VS mode time.
    Marth- Use all 14 normal characters in at least 1 VS match.

That should be right.

6. Dunjohn

Dunjohn New Member

Thanks guys, that's great!

7. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

My son has a question. He has only Gannondorf left to unlock (besides Mr Gamewatch) and can't find how to get to Event Match 29.
    How does one go about accessing that Event? It's not listed with the other event matches that he has unlocked.
    Thanks in advance.
    Pop

8. Valker

Valker New Member

You have to complete a certain number of events to unlock it. To unlock events 26-29, you have to complete at least 22 events between 1-25 (if he doesn't have up to 25 either, just keep completing events).

9. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

Thanks. He's got it and the last guy too (won't mention it since Dunjohn didn't list him)

10. registeel

registeel New Member

Wow! I didn't know you could get Lugia what did you meen by --:02 who do I use to get Lugia please reply.

11. Swmpert 2004

Swmpert 2004 New Member

look somewhere here to find out. It might not be there but good luck!

PS: It'll only show the charecters faces just click on one.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2004
  12. Valker

Valker New Member

It's Luigi, not Lugia. To get him, the tenths-of-a-second count (the fifth number from the left) on your timer must be a 2 (00:00:20 for example) when you complete the first level in Adventure Mode. You'll fight Luigi in the next level instead of Mario. Complete the remaining levels and beat Luigi when he challenges you.

13. Swmpert 2004

Swmpert 2004 New Member

O.K. I found out how to unlock all the charecters.

-Dr. Mario: play 100 vs matches or beat classic or adventure mode as maio without losing a life as Mario.
    -Falco: Play 300 vs. matches or beat 100 man melee
    -Ganon: Beat event match #29
    -Jiggly: Beat classic or adventure mode.
    -Luigi: beat the mushroom kindom thingy with a 2 in the seconds place of the timer. Then beat the rest of adventure mode.
    -Marth: Play 70 vs. matches or play 1 player mode with the 14 starting charecters
    -Mew2: Play 700 vs matches or play vs mode for 20 hours
    -Pichu: PLay 200 vs matchess or beat event match #37
    -Roy: Beat classic/adventure mode with marth without continuing
    -Young LInk: Play 500 vs matches or beat classic mode with Link and zelda (including 8 more charecters).
    -Mr. Game & watch: unlock evry charecter I listed then beat Classic, adventure, or target test with all the SSBM charecters.

Just highlight to find out how to unlock Mr. Game & Watch and Roy.

Happy hunting!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2004
  14. Kyfogre22

Kyfogre22 New Member

side note about mewtwo:

You can either take 20 hours with 1 player, 15 with 2, 10 with 3, or 5 with 4.

15. Dunjohn

Dunjohn New Member

Wow, this thread got revived. Neat.

By the way, I've unlocked Roy & Mr. Game & Watch. I was trying to beat Adventure on maximum difficulty as Marth, but ran out of coins to continue on the Wireframes level. So, I switched to Very Easy and blasted through it just to show the GameCube who's boss. Getting Roy that way was kinda funky. I immediately beat his Target Test as a practice, which unlocked G&W, plus the rest of the Events... that was a fun evening.

I have another question, though. While beating up Giga Bowser, I cracked a Mew from a Pokeball. Nothing happened, except for a congratulatory message after the match. I've since cracked Mew twice more. What does Mew do???

16. Valker

Valker New Member

Mew doesn't do a thing, it's just there as a little surprise for the bonus message. Celebi's the same.

17. regice froze you

regice froze you New Member

If you can find mew in story mode, you get a mew trovey.

18. Kyfogre22

Kyfogre22 New Member

finding mew also gives you as much points as you would get from being imprevious.