St. Louis Sandstorm Prerelease Saturday September 13th

Discussion in 'Archive' started by meganium45, Sep 3, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
  1. meganium45

meganium45 Active Member

Hi ho dere, Meganium45 here, bringing you a fast acting news flash....

Guess who Nintendo made their newest premiere TO??? You guessed it

MEGANIUM45

There will be a SANDSTORM Pre-release tourney (and side tourneys) on Saturday (yes, Saturday, Random) September 13th at signup 2:00-2:30 p.m. at Dragon King Game and Hobby in St. Charles.

Go to www.dkhobby.com for directions, not sure if they have the tourney listed yet, but it will be there!!!

Cost will be no more than $20.00 (may make it cheaper, stay tuned for details!!)

Entry gets you 6 packs of Sandstorm to make your limited deck with!!!

Prizes are great, box to the winner of each age group (10 and under, 11-14 and 15 and over) half a box to 2nd place of each group, and 9 packs to 3-4th of each group and 5th-8th each get 4 packs! A ton of prizes!!!

The signup for the tourney will start at 2:00, with signup closing at 2:30, and packs given out, first match at 3:00!!!

4 rounds swiss, age - modified, and no top 8!!!

After the main tourney, there will be a break for dinner, and then we will do a Sandstorm Draft tourney, with each player opening packs, taking one card, and passing the rest, 6 packs in that, prices TBA!!! (You can even use the packs you win!!!)

Sleeves will be available on site for purchase - protect those new HOT cards!!!

Come for an entire day of drafting fun at Dragon King!!!!

If there are any left, Sandstorm packs will be for sale ONLY on the day of the event!!!!

Let me know if you are coming...bring friends...did I mention an exclusive promo card????Door Prizes???

Psyduck (you know him, you love him) will be judging the event with me!

It will be a great day of play!!!! Come one, come all!!!!!

Hey dok, you can play here!!!Bring your gang!!!!

Meganium45

2. swanton1717

swanton1717 New Member

Do not forget that ur wife is also gonna help judge. Your wife is so much cooler then Chad =P

Also Colin will be there so thats enuff reason to go haha. BTW i have already gotten 2 people to come Pat Kennedy(nikepk or Jumpluff Maddness) and prolly his sister. :thumb:

Anyway i want people to be there, so come. Thank You. That is all.

~Colin

3. Orange Soda

Orange Soda New Member

I'm interested in coming, but I don't know if I'll be able to attend (I don't have a car.). I'll look around and see if I can get a reasonably priced taxi or something.

4. TR Shadow

TR Shadow New Member

I'm looking forward to this one and I really hope I can come. Of course, if I can, there's no way I'm ever going to get out of bringing Tina, but that's okay ^_~.

*Gasp* I MUST make me a Pink and Fluffy Penguins shirt to wear there!

5. swanton1717

swanton1717 New Member

OOO you have to bring Apples to Apples!!!

6. meganium45

meganium45 Active Member

OK check it out. There will be prizes for all participants, not just the top 8 in each age group.

I am expanding the prize pool so no one will experience what I experienced in Chicago for R/S (Now meganium, if you were a decent player....)

Everyone will leave with more than their six packs they opened, it will be at least one pack, but it will be extra. Ironically, the more people come, the more I will give away (awwww, isn't that sweet!)

Come one, come all, be the ball, all the cliches!!! You know you want to play, so COME AND PLAY!!!!

Also, we will be holding a booster draft afterwards....or 2, or until we all want to go home.....noone ever wants to go home.....anyone remember the draft 'til 4AM at Gencon??? We may not get that bad, but we will stay and play!!!

Meganium45

7. swanton1717

swanton1717 New Member

Haha ya really lets draft till 4. Im sure randy wont care.. :rolleyes:

8. KYDAD

KYDAD New Member

Starting at 3pm?

I'm getting lots of pressure to come over, but that means that we'd be coming only for the prerelease, and getting back really late....must consult boss ... er, I mean wife.

9. meganium45

meganium45 Active Member

Trying to make it later to accomodate you guys coming in from out of town...would be great to see you there again!!!

Hope to see you there!!

M45

10. swanton1717

swanton1717 New Member

Awesome the KY crew are coming.

11. Orange Soda

Orange Soda New Member

At first I thought there was no Greyhound stop here, but I just looked at their site now, and apparently there is. Anyone know where the closest Greyhound stop to Dragon King is?

EDIT: Missouri Greyhound stop list, if it'll help.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2003
  12. meganium45

meganium45 Active Member

Chaw....Rulings are up on Rare Candy and Marill..we will use those!!!

I will make announcements on these rulings at the tourney too!!!!

This looks like a GREAT SET!!!!

I hope to see you all there. Those who posted you are coming, expect an e-mail tonight with fun bonus items and more details!!!!

Meganium45

13. Orange Soda

Orange Soda New Member

I guess I can take the Greyhound from Rolla to St. Louis, and from there take a Taxi to St. Peters.

Is there a payphone in the vicinity of Dragon King? I would need to call a cab so I can get to the Greyhound stop again whenever the tourney finishes.

14. swanton1717

swanton1717 New Member

Couldn't you use someones cell phone? Cause people have cell phones here.

15. meganium45

meganium45 Active Member

Dude, you can use the phone at the store, and someone will prob give you a ride back if you need it....

colin, kind of harsh....that's why your one of ours!

M45

16. meganium45

meganium45 Active Member

OK. I am having major trouble linking to my coupons, so here is the deal.

We will have coupons for $2.00 off the admission at the tourney. Fill out your name and address on the back of the coupon to be placed on our mailing list for all future major tourneys. And yes, there will be more!!!

Bonus if you bring a friend, and they use a coupon, you will be entered into a special door prize drawing. The more people, the bigger the prizes!!!

e-mail me for more details!!! Shame I cannot get the coupons on, they looked cool. Come and you will see them!!!!

Hope to see you all there, for those bad at math, it's now $18, not $20!!!!

Meganium45

17. swanton1717

swanton1717 New Member

Lol sorry if i came out harsh..i didn't mean too. But im sure you wont have to waste like 35 cents or so for a phone call.

18. meganium45

meganium45 Active Member

Bump - Just added more door prizes for all those coming - I do not think you will be disappointed (OK it's not cash, but, heh)

See you ALL there!

Meganium45

19. KYDAD

KYDAD New Member

It looks like we will be coming.

We're going to be one short this time. One of our usual neighborhood rugrats won't be able to make it, but there should be 5 players with us.

Just hope we don't forget our DCI cards like we did last time. Oh, wait a minute....

20. meganium45

meganium45 Active Member

Mike, Can't wait to see you all again....

Didn't one of your group win my draft at the last event???

KY will be in the house!!!

Meganium45