Stafford,Va. Hidden Legends Prerelease June 5 [OMG! CHANGES AND UPDATES!]

Discussion in 'Prerelease Tournaments' started by Sensei, Apr 7, 2004.

1. Sensei

Sensei Team Compendium Emeritus

:pokeball: Stafford,Va. Hidden Legends Prerelease! :pokeball:

Hey everyone, you`re all invited to come on over for the brand new set Hidden Legends Prerelease! Be the first to get these brand new cards and also have a blast playing in the tournament! There will also be a brand new, first time ever done at a Prerelease, Theme Deck Tournament (see below for specific details)!

Make sure to have your POP# if you have one! Call the store to pre-register and make sure you give your name, POP ID#(if you have one), your age and Date of Birth, and which event you are calling for (Hidden Legends Prerelease). If you need a POP ID #, one will be provided for you onsite.

`Sensei

p.s. This post is being updated periodically. Check back often!!!

TOURNAMENT INFO

Date: Saturday June 5th, 2004

Time: Registration is from 10-11am. Tourney starts after.

2852 Jeff. Davis Hwy Suite 101
    Stafford,Va. 22554
    540-659-0123

Entry Fee: $20 -all players get 6 Hidden Legends booster packs to make(and keep all!) a 40 card deck(including energy) for use in the tournament.Energy will be provided.

Tournament structure: The Tournament is run using the Limited Format and Age Modified Swiss pairings. See the Pokémon Floor Rules for information about the Limited Format and Swiss. The number of Swiss rounds run will depend on total attendance at the event.

THEME DECK INFO

Instead of 6 packs of cards the newer players can opt to participate in a theme deck challenge where they get a random theme deck to battle with. After the event, they receive 3 Booster Packs and the Top 50% get an extra pack! The event is unsanctioned and limited to 24 players. Priority will be given to 10 and under players first, then their parents, then older players for entry into this event. The Theme Deck challenge uses standard Swiss pairings, not Age Modified Swiss.

Entry Fee: $20 -all players get a random Hidden Legends Theme Deck to use in the Theme Deck tournament. After the tournament, each player will receive 3 Hidden Legends pack and the Top 50% of the players will receive an extra pack!

PRIZE INFO

Prizes are awarded to the top 8 players in each age category. Our age categories are; Under 10, 11-14 and 15 and up.

Everyone who registers receives a HL Prerelease Swalot Promo Card!

Top eight finishers in EACH of the 3 recognized age categories receive the following prizes:

• 1st Place 1 Display Box of Pokémon TCG: EX Hidden Legends Booster Packs

• 2nd Place 18 Pokémon TCG: EX Hidden Legends Booster Packs

• 3rd & 4th Place 9 Pokémon TCG: EX Hidden Legends Booster Packs

• 5th through 8th Place 4 Pokémon EX Hidden Legends Booster Packs

Each entrant receives a Hidden Legends prelease stamped Swalot promo card!

DOOR PRIZES

Top Door Prize!: A Classic NES Limited Edition Gameboy Advance SP!

• 9 packs of TM vs. TA
    • 1 EX Series Value Pack (3 packs) with the #020 Ludicolo promo
    • A Pokemon Master Quest Zapdos action figure set
    • A Pokemon Advanced Blaziken/Tailow action figure set
    • A Pokemon Advanced Seviper/Treeko action figure set
    • A Pokemon Advanced Torchic/Sharpedo action figure set
    • A Pokemon Mighty Beanz 5 Bean set featuring James of Team Rocket
    • A "Prerelease" 4 card collectors frame w/ the 4 Prerelease promos!
    • A 4 pack of the Target Promos
    • Absol/Darkness Energy Holo combo
    • Pokemon Cloth Playmat

FUN CONTEST: Guess the Damage Counters!

I`m offering this fun contest for everyone to have a chance to win a Gameboy Advance Pokemon Sapphire Version game cartridge for Gameboy Advance!! What you do is try to guess the amount of Damage Counters in the jar. Closest person to the correct # of Damage counters in the jar wins the prize! In case of a tie, the winner will be decided randomly by die roll between the tied contestants. Anyone can enter this contest (meaning parents and siblings of players can enter) but each person only gets one guess slip to cast their best guess. You must be present to win.

LIMITED AMOUNT OF OFFICIAL HIDDEN LEGENDS PRERELEASE T-SHIRTS WILL BE ON SALE!!

There will be a limited amount of Official Hidden Legends Prerelease T-Shirts on sale, so you better grab them before they are gone! Prices for S-XL are $11.50 and XX-XXX are $13.00.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2004
  2. Raikou Trainer

Raikou Trainer New Member

Theme decks, huh? I'm sure I'd do well using a theme deck instead of taking chances with 6 packs. (I have terrible luck with packs, as shown in my pathetic 25th place ranking in the last prerelease... :( )

3. Physics Squirrel

Physics Squirrel New Member

I hope I can come, do you have any info on whether there will be one in Rockville and when?

4. Sensei

Mark: No one will always win! Just keep trying. If you do go the Theme Deck Route,do remember that 10- and their parents are given first priority and the Theme Deck event is limited to 24 players. :)

PS: Hope you can make it down here!The Rockville HL Prerelease will be the following weekend.Not sure which day.

`Sensei

5. Physics Squirrel

Thanks for the dates, I've never been able to make it to a tourney in Stafford (my dad doesn't want to drive me somewhere thats an hour away, understandably), but I shoudl be there at Dream Wizards. Still can't believe my sister won a box at the TMTA prerelease.

6. Raikou Trainer

Raikou Trainer New Member

I know. I come to these tournaments just to play and have fun (and to also be an envy to the Pokemon players here in Fredericksburg :D). If you remember my performance in the Theme Deck tournament last May (or was it June?), you'll know why I would rather use a Theme Deck... ;)

7. Sensei

Hey everyone, we will be having a limited amount of "Official" Hidden Legends Prerelease Shirts for sale. If you`d like to secure your shirt and pre-order one, lmk by May 10th at the latest.You can e-mail or pm me. All I will need to know is how many shirts you want and what sizes. Prices for S-XL are $11.50 and XX-XXX are $13.00.

`Sensei

Last edited: May 4, 2004
  8. faceplant

faceplant New Member

anybody in va

If anybody lives near Va beach and is going to the pre-release on the 5th of June PM me and let me know. Also if anybody knows where a card list and spoiler is for the hidden legends set is cough it up!

thanks *plant

Last edited: May 5, 2004
  9. Cyborg_27107

Cyborg_27107 New Member

10. faceplant

faceplant New Member

Thanx

cool, thanks! I found the list! Some pretty CooL cards, can't wait!

* :eek:* plant

11. Sensei

The more the merrier. :)

I have some pre-orders taken.Just a reminder that I need to know by Monday at the latest.

12. TrueGamerX

TrueGamerX New Member

Robin, Rikki, Will, and the TrueGamer are coming back!!!

Last edited: May 15, 2004
  13. Sensei

Sweet! I have updated some info and listed some of the door prizes! ;)

14. Sensei

Prizes updated! Now,what will I name as the Top Door prizes...:D

15. TrueGamerX

TrueGamerX New Member

Sensei, is pizza going to be served at the Prerelease? Because I got some hungry friends especially my friend Rodney thats coming.

16. faceplant

faceplant New Member

Have the top door prize be a box of HL. I think that would be the best... Just my opinion. Hopefully I can still make it. Might have to work.... :mad:
    If it means crying to get out of work then so be it.... :D

17. Sensei

TG, I havent heard of PUI saying anything yet but you never know...I`ll keep everyone posted if they do something like this.

FP, A box of HL would be sweet, but I doubt that they`ll give us enough where I could do that. If they would, consider it done but I doubt it. Hope you can make it!

`Sensei

18. Sensei

Wow, just one more week...where did time go? Oh, did someone mention the Top Door prize is a BLUE Gameboy Advance SP? Oops, I just did... :p ;)

See everyone there!

`Sensei

Last edited: May 30, 2004
  19. TheCrossFormatKid

TheCrossFormatKid New Member

You won't be seeing me there :-[ Taking the SAT.

20. Physics Squirrel

Could someone pick me up at my house? I only live an hour away from Stafford. :B I don't think I can get a ride. :(