starters

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by DarkraiGod, Apr 12, 2008.

1. DarkraiGod

DarkraiGod New Member

What works best with G-G for starters? Pachi - Furret, Pachi- Claydol, Furret- Claydol, Pachi, or something else? Opinions please!

2. afstandopleren

afstandopleren New Member

Claydol is'nt a Starter, it's a Tech.
    The same goes for Furret.
    Pachi however, is a starter that would find good use in GG.
    I don't use it since it's always a matter of personal preference.

3. Kabutops141

Kabutops141 New Member

Actually, in a way, Furret is a starter. All you have to do is run a 4/3 or 4/2 line and if you start w/ Sentret, you can get completely set up by turn 3-4. My vote goes to Furret. It's just plain good.

4. Muscovy Level X

Muscovy Level X New Member

Claydol is definatly the best for G&G.

5. pichu bros. rox

pichu bros. rox New Member

Pachi + Claydol = GG

6. pikachu*

pikachu* New Member

Pachi + Stantler (tech) + Claydol = GG

Last edited: Apr 12, 2008
  7. KAZUTO!!!

KAZUTO!!! New Member

Claydol isn't a Starter. It's a support Pokemon.

Furret is. T2 Furret is easy, and once you get out Furret, you've besicly set up. Grab a Candy and Ralts, DRE and Gadry, T3 Psychic Lock. Great. The only disadvantage is that it's a Stage 1...

Pachirisu SHOULD NOT BE USED AS A STARTER FOR G&G! You run 1 line of Pokemon. Pachirisu is completely useless after the 1st turn, and your hoping to topdeck Candy and DRE, both unsearchable.

Stantler is 2nd best Starter IMO. Gets out Ceilio's T1, where you use it to get a fast Gardevoir. Also, the attack costs 0 Energy, which can be a huge plus if you start out with no Energy.

Chingling = worst version of Stantler. 'Nuff said.

Girafarig may be an option, gets out Candy quickly, however to get a fast Psychic Lock, you need DRE, Ralts, and Gardevoir, not just Candy.

Overall, I'd say Furret, but it's your choice.

8. The Phenom1993

The Phenom1993 New Member

Furret is still an amazing starter even if it is a stage 1 pokemon. Sentret's attack isn't bad either.