Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Starting up - Believe it!

Well, I used to play this TCG a LOOOOOOONG time ago....Been about 8 years ( i think..)
I moved From Alaska to new mexico (when i lived in alaska, there was a league with about 20-30 players).

but when i moved, there wasn't that many players in the town, and everyone who did play converted to Yugioh..
So I went from Pokemon > yugioh > Zatch bell > naruto > bleach > Dragon ball...
Im a Squad captain in Bleach (squad 12 captain, in CA), and i have a pretty high ranking in Naruto
The last Set I bought was.....I really dont remember the name....All i Remember, is that I pulled a SR (i dont know the type of cards) Golden Magikarp.....how many sets has that been - if any one knows:Well, i have been debating starting this game again, allthough there's not that many players in the area (at least play competitivly)
I Still know the Basic game mechanics - Memerized the Rules from the GBC game, and its been stuck in my head ever since...

Any new things i should know about - mechanic wise?

TO sum it all up...

So i wanted a deck to play at San diego comic-con, since i heard there is going to be a huge tournament there.

well, im not going to be able to buy off cards of ebay that quick, i need something i can make in a few days...
I know one person you SHOULD have new stuff, but i dont know what to get..
could someone give me a few different decklist (might not be able to get all the cards on one ) ($60- if you could at the vary highest $80)

/story.

Any suggestions would be Appreciated!

Thanks~!

IF this was posted in the wrong section, im Sorry -

Well, plox/G&G and Empoleon are the best decks in the format, but they are pretty Expensive. I would say build Houndoom Lock.

pokemon 12

4-4 Houndoom GE
4 Absol SW

energy 14

6 Fire
2 Basic Dark
4 Special Dark
2 Multi Energy

trainers 32

4 Crystal Beach
4 Cessation
3 roseanne's
4 Quick Ball
2 Castaway
4 Great Ball
2 night Maintenance
2 Pokenav
3 pokedex handy 910
4 celios network

Pretty Cheap and simple list

I have only been playing for about 1 and a half years so I can't tell you all the new rules compared to 8 years ago

Welcome back to the game!

The only real changes to mechanics since the Wizards era are the Level X mechanic which can be explained in your rule book (Really, they level up from your active pokemon and can use all of its attacks as its own), the Supporter mechanic, which is an improved trainer that can only be used once per turn, and the burn status, which is a poison you flip for, but it does 2 damage counters as opposed to 1.

I would recommend reading a rule book from the Diamond and Pearl sets just to refresh your memory and get it all back together.

As for decks, I'd suggest something simple and something you can use for the up and coming format. The game is about to change formats again and getting a bunch of stuff from before Diamond and Pearl might be counterproductive. If you want to win, playing Empoleon with Bronzong or Omastar with it is one of the best ways to go, as is Gardevoir Gallade, but the power of those will be getting weaker as the next sets progress onward.

A good simple setup might even be something as easy as T2 Beedrill. Check the deck help and strategy forum to find that. http://pokegym.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8

Good luck to you in the tournament, I'm sorry I can't be of more help, I leave for work shortly.

I would suggest not starting this seaon, look into sets after Diamond and Pearl.

Thank you all for your help!

I need to review a few decks (and every card in it), so ill try and collect the needed cards Tomorrow.

thanks again! ^_^

Make sure you buy a whole bunch of booster packs from DP-on sets. Not only will you have some stuff to build a deck of your own, you can have stuff to trade. Trading will help you get the stuff for a better deck.

BTW, how did the tournament go (assuming it has happened yet, I'm not much into cons)?

- Croatian_Nidoking

Well, plox/G&G and Empoleon are the best decks in the format, but they are pretty Expensive. I would say build Houndoom Lock.

pokemon 12

4-4 Houndoom GE
4 Absol SW

energy 14

6 Fire
2 Basic Dark
4 Special Dark
2 Multi Energy

trainers 32

4 Crystal Beach
4 Cessation
3 roseanne's
4 Quick Ball
2 Castaway
4 Great Ball
2 night Maintenance
2 Pokenav
3 pokedex handy 910
4 celios network

Pretty Cheap and simple list

I have only been playing for about 1 and a half years so I can't tell you all the new rules compared to 8 years ago

And it is completely weak to Empoleon, good idea. :nonono:

Drew

Back