Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

States Changes

eI_at10s

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the previous States rules have changed.
I believe you were not allowed to attend a State Championship had you already placed first in a previous SC.
I read over the rules, and I noticed the only restriction in these terms is that if you had previously placed first, you simply don't recieve the travel allowance.
I believe this ruling is a stronghold, and getting rid of it is dangerous.
It means that any one winner can continue to attend SCs and (very unlikely) place to keep players from Nationals.
Although it is a very fat chance, the possibility is apalling.

I considered the fact that multiple SC attendances are merely for the Premier Rating;
However, if you've gotten into Nationals, you've got more chance than anyone.

I'm posting this to either be told something I missed, or spark discussion.

I agree, this rule needs to be changed or else many 3rd placers who would've been 1st/2nd are being deprived of Origins trips. If 2 states winners are there and both make it to the finals, it'll be a mess. Thanks for pointing this out.

Read it over again. If the player who gets 1st already has a travel allowance, that allowance trickles down to the next player who does NOT have a travel allowance. If the player who gets 1st or 2nd already has an Origins badge, then the badge will trickle down to the next player who does NOT have a badge. One and done = not necessary.

Back