Stealthy Hood vs Evoshock

Discussion in 'Ask the Rules Team' started by MetaKnight, Jun 4, 2019.

8 league13 468 60
  1. MetaKnight

MetaKnight Member

If I use Raichu's Evoshock to paralysise my opponent's active, and my opponent attaches a Stealthy Hood to that active on his turn, does the paralyze status condition get removed?

I'm aware any new Evoshocks will have no effect on a Pokemon with Stealthy Hood attached, but questioning specifically if the current paralysis from Raichu also gets cleared off by Hood being attached. Wondering because the wording on Stealthy Hood seems similair to Pokemon Ranger, which didn't remove status conditions from attacks.

Thanks in advance for answering.

2. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

Q. If I use Raichu's "Evoshock" Ability to paralyze my opponent's Active Pokemon, does the Paralyzed status condition get removed if my opponent attaches a Stealthy Hood to that Pokemon on their next turn?

{A. The Evoshock Ability's effect is to Paralyze the opponent's Pokemon; once that Special Condition has been placed it is no longer considered an effect of the Ability at the time your opponent attaches the Stealthy Hood. Therefore, your opponent's Pokemon remains Paralyzed.}