Steelix Prime and Regigias...Concept or Washout?

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by MrMeches, Mar 26, 2011.

8 league13 468 60
  1. MrMeches

MrMeches New Member

So I was thinking of a concept deck featuring Heelix and a 2-2 Regigigas LvX. You can use Rainbow Energy and Energy Stream them back providing the necessary requirements for Regi. Additionally, you can utilize Celebration Wind to move the energy around and Warp Point, Switch or Warp Energy to make it happen. Seeker will pick up your Tanks and of course you can always Sacrifice to setup a Twins Early if needed.

The base deck is Heelix with Blissey but with a 3-3 line giving 2 spots for Regi. Some I have discussed this with have discussed possibly keeping the Regi Lock.. but in this current state of the Game, High HP Basics can provide some staying power.

So just wanted to share a concept thought that might make a Play!

2. mrdraz07

mrdraz07 New Member

TBH it sounds really gimmicky.
    I like the idea of the two together, since by putting them in the same deck you effectively counter both of their glaring bad matchups (Fire for Steelix and Machamp for Gigas). But, the energy will be really off IMO. Both decks by themselves have a hard time with the energy count, and both have their own specific requirements for not only attacking but also accelerating. Sacrifice can't pick up most of the special energy you'll be using, and Energy Stream is pretty sad when you pick up a basic Water to move to Regi later just bcuz that's all that's in the discard.
    For what you're trying to do with the Energy Streaming Rainbows -> Celebration Wind combo (*cough*Lucian'sAssignment*cough*), Mewtwo MD is a much better choice since his Absorption is free and Mewtwo is considerably easier to move to the bench than Steelix. Plus if u throw in a couple Psychic, u can Sacrifice your active, level up your benched Mewtwo, then Lucians for Gigaburn. Talk about that for a surprise play! That is sadly a lot harder to pull off with Steelix since he has no good 3 energy attack.
    Hope I helped :)

3. jeffrey123

jeffrey123 New Member

I like the idea and have thought of it. 1-1 tech steelix can destroy, except no SP Metals makes it kinda sketchy. I guess it's worth a shot, but think about how the deck would need to change. Gigas would have to drop things, but you'd gain an advantage over Machamp and other decks that could give you trouble

2-2 Gigas
    2-2 Steelix
    3-1 Uxie

Life Herb

4 DCE
    4 SP Metal
    3 Water
    3 Fighting

Last edited: Mar 26, 2011
  4. Riq

Riq New Member

orrrrrrrrr you could play:

3-1 regigigas (3 promo)
    4 mespirit
    3-1 Uxie lv.x
    1 Regice LA
    1 Azelf LA

and win!

5. MrMeches

MrMeches New Member

Thanks for bringing such a well thought out, creative idea to the mix... how did I not think of that :rolleyes:

Regi Lock is a great swiss deck... but it does not Win Tier 2 tournaments.

It can be gimmicky, but it is also a Tank, which SP has a hard time against. I noticed LuxChomp consistently had to get the quick hits early to be successful against some of the Gigas decks, but once Regi got going, it was all about the Pixie Bait. Rarely could they take down a Regi. Additionally, I noticed that SP had a difficult time against Steelix.. so mainly Tanks slow SP enough to give them a run. But you cant just stop there due to all the other decks.

Here was my mental state:

2-2 Steelix
    2-2 Gigas
    2-2 Blissey
    3-1 Uxie