Stephen Colbert for President

Discussion in 'Random Topic Center' started by Flaming_Spinach, Oct 17, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Flaming_Spinach

Flaming_Spinach Feature Editor

Stephen Colbert has officially announced his candidacy for president (in the state of South Carolina)!

:clap::clap:

Who's going to vote for him?

2. ryanvergel

ryanvergel New Member

3. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

Steven WHO?

What party?
    Why is he cool?

4. Gir

Gir New Member

I was waiting for him to say he was running for president, but then he said he was considering it. I wish he would run for president though, just to see how many votes he would get. I doubt he will run though - it just sounds like a way to get more viewers for his show.

5. The King Of Magikarps

The King Of Magikarps Active Member

Actually he announced that he deciding whether or not to decide whether or not he will announce. Plus Stephen Colbert is awesome. Also I have a thread about him but you have to search the froum for Colbert Report.

6. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

No, F_S is correct.
    After the Daily Show, on his own show, he announced that he was running.

I was kind of hoping that he'd stretch out the exploratory phase until next October.

7. homeofmew

homeofmew Active Member

I don't know who to vote for they are all pretty :/ Meh,

8. CyberManectric

CyberManectric Active Member

Wait a minute, wasn't Stephen Colbert a comedian? I think I remember him appearing twice on Whose Line is it Anyway. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    ~Cyber~

9. eriknance

eriknance New Member

Yeah, he's a comedian. He has a political humor "news" show on Comedy Central that is much like Jon Stewart's "The Daily Show." Monkey on the Lam, heh...

10. Articjedi

Articjedi Active Member

That's kind of the point. Colbert is running as a joke obviously.

11. moza

moza New Member

If Colbert wins with his "Colbert nation", I would truly lmao

12. PSYCO829

PSYCO829 New Member

yeah, im voting for juliani...

13. Burninating_Torchic

Burninating_Torchic New Member

Wait...
    is he actually running... for like... the REAL presidency?

I didn't get a chance to watch last night's episode.

Sadly enough, he'll probably get more votes than any other third party candidates have ever gotten...

14. moza

moza New Member

Ron Paul is becoming a force with more money in the bank then McCaine :D

GO PAUL!

15. bullados

bullados <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

I think I've seen this before. Now, where was that again? I honestly can't remember...

It'd be interesting to see whether or not more states than just SC will put him on the ballot. Believe it or not, radio, movie, and television personalities have a really good shot at becoming President, if they actually decided to run. Colbert is very smart, and actually takes the time to review what's written for him and edit it himself. Much more than what I can say about our current President. He's got a good, solid backing mostly from College and 20-somethings, who tend to use the Daily Show and Colbert Report as their main source of non-Sports news. He's a good personality, as long as he gets rid of that darn sarcastic streak. He's got a shot, even if he doesn't have the moneymaking machine of the Dems or Reps.

16. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

I'd actually think about voting for him if he were serious, but I'm sure he has no intention of actually winning and would not want to gift the election to the republicans by casting "fun" votes.

17. Jayson

Jayson Active Member

I would love to see Steven at the Republican nomination debates. I think he would really lighten things up and bring a lot of fun into the process.

Now if only Jon would get into the Democrat primaries..

18. The King Of Magikarps

The King Of Magikarps Active Member

You know you mis-spelt both of their names.

19. Regis_Neo

Regis_Neo Moderator

Who is he?

20. Burninating_Torchic

Burninating_Torchic New Member

You know you misspelled 'misspelled.'