Steven's Advice used as pokemon power

Discussion in 'Ask the Rules Team' started by GUERO51, Nov 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GUERO51

GUERO51 New Member

Does a card that states "you can't play" actually mean you can't physically put the card into play or play the card by any means via a power as Milotic's "sharing" and Gardevoir's "telepass"? The reason I ask is if you are not placing the card down on the playing field and using the card effect via a power are you really "playing" the card or are you playing the power? Aren't you you really playing a power and not the supporter therefore not restricted to the text on the card?
    Never mind, I found answer in past posts. Sorry

Last edited: Nov 14, 2007
  2. mtjimmer

mtjimmer Master Trainer, Emeritus

I'll answer it anyways - I'm sure others will have a similar question.

== CHIME (Chimecho - EX:Hidden Legends)

Q. Could you use Chimecho's "Chime" attack and use a Steven's Advice from your opponent's discard pile if you have more than 7 cards in your hand? Steven's Advice says "you can't play this card if you have 7 or more cards in your hand", but you're technically not really playing the card, just using it as an attack.
    A. You can use Chime, but you must still meet all requirements that are necessary to play the card normally (except for the supporter rule). If you don't or can't meet those restrictions, the effect fails. (Dec 15, 2005 PUI Rules Team)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.