Strange Delusions, the Return

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by bullados, Jan 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bullados

bullados <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

Pokemon (20):
    3 Tentacool
    3 Tentacruel
    4 Ralts SS
    2 Kirlia (the one that does 50 straight)
    2 Gardevoir
    2 Gardevoir ex
    2 Wobbuffet
    2 Wynaut

Trainers (21):
    3 POR
    3 Copycat
    3 Dual Ball
    3 PETM
    4 Rare Candy
    2 Town Volunteers
    3 Switch

Energy (19):
    3 Multi
    16 Psychic

I finally figured out a good reason not to use Boost Energy in this deck. Why use it myself and waste deck space when I can use my opponent's at virtually no cost? Get out Gardy or Gardy ex and a Cruel or 2 and just start whacking like crazy. The entire idea here is to use the opponent's energy discarding and trainer usage against them (TV Rep, Juggler, Catty, etc). Wobb is there for backup and for anti-ex (a big thing in my area). Wynaut b/c he's probably the best basic Pokemon searcher for both Basics and Evolutions in the format right now. the Trainer set is what I usually use in Mod. What I'm most worried about is mirror matches against other Gardy and the standard Blaze/Eggs deck.

2. Bigpoppabeatdown

Bigpoppabeatdown New Member

bull.......... hmmm, having played against gardy countless times before, i can assure you that boost isn't a wasted spot

why bother with the dual balls and the PETM??? that is my biggest question

if u don't want boost, whatever, but i don't think either of those cards will help you at all

use more real draw cards like oracle and reporter

also, 19 nrg, without the use of katty or many special nrgs??? that seems like a few too many

i don't know, but think about my suggestions, others will be able to tell you exactly what to play........

and besides, any true grass deck, you should fear, most now have resistance to water, and gardy even loses to jumpluff or shiftry, so don't say that blaze/eggs is your biggest worry

3. bullados

I just plain don't like the card. I find it a complete waste to attach an energy, even if it's 3, and then lose it that same turn.

Dual Ball and PETM is my preferred searching method, along with Wynaut.

TV Rep, IMO, is trash, and Oracle isn't my style.

I suffer from long energy droughts with anything less than this amount, so I go with what works.

4. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

Bull,

Poppa is right. Go with boost. Drop two psychics and a Dual Ball for three boost. Dual Ball isn't as necessary, especially with Dunce out from SS now. But if you're really that concerned about finding basics, drop a volunteers for a third Wynaut. This may do your deck some good, and ultimetely increase so early game speed, since Volunteers is a late game card. You can't deny speed. It is one of the, if not, the sole most important factor(s) in the entire game of Pokemon. Decks are based on speed and power. Gardy EX, Blaze/Eggz, Amphy EX, even BAR is pretty darn fast in the hands of a skilled trainer. You need speed, and Volunteers is not speed.

5. bullados

d00ds, I've already got Boost in there!!! Look over Cruel's PokePOWER. It says that you can put ANY energy card from ur opponent's discard onto his/her active, and that INCLUDES their already used Boosts. I don't need it because I can always use my opponent's. Also, I'm always in the situation that, if I have singles, then the one that I need at the right time is always in my Prizes (my bad luck). Because of this, I have to play at least 2 of everything, so that I can actually get to it when I need it.

6. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

What it your opponent doesn't run boost? Then how do you boost? You can't boost! There's no boost! Okayy....Seriously, you need to drop the Volunteers. Trust me, it's a one in ten chance that Volunteers is in the prizes if you only have one. You're deck needs more speed w/o boost energy cuz you can't boost if they don't run it. Without boost your deck lacks speed. Just try it out, and if you don't like it, you can flame me and do whatever. But you're really missing something here. Bad luck doesn't exist anyway. It's just...randomness. 1/10 chance. Think about it. Trust me, lose a Volunteers for a Wynaut. If you don't like it...fine. But you should seriously consider it. It's just playtesting. Trying new things out gives you an edge, cuz you've had more experience with lots of different options from your deck. Just a suggestion. That you should follow. :D

7. Bigpoppabeatdown

even if your opponent runs boost, YOU STILL HAVE NO BOOST!!!!!

you can attach it to your opponent, but you don't get anything

it works for gardy, but u might need a boost for turn two gardy ex

if u need to catch up, EX gardy's first attack depends solely on their hand, and anybody with intelligience wouldn't keep a large hand vs gardy EX

4 turns to power up gardy EX isn't worth it.............. this deck is good for it's ungodly speed and haymaker style

just somethin to think about

if u want to play a deck like that, don't even bother with gardy EX

just copy Ditto's gardy deck

8. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

Pappa's right, Bull, YOU need to look at Cruel's power d00d. :D You attach energies to your opponent with his power. Remember to think about your deck before you make it. Not dissing you or nothin', but your deck is really dependent upon Cruel's power, and you don't even know how it works. Again, don't take any offense. But try to redesign this. Or do your Cruel's have misprints? ;)

9. bullados

Super:
    that 1/10 is about 1/2 for me. My topdecking ability is absolutely horrid. Also, I plain don't like Boost, it's a waste of an energy attachment, and it doesn't make Gardy or Gardy ex any faster in the long run. One extra Wynaut isn't going to mean the game either.

Poppa:
    read above.

Also, I'm taking out the Dual Ball for 3 Dunsparce. Playtested, feels real good right now.

10. Bigpoppabeatdown

well d00d whatever floats your boat

but quickness has nothing to do with the longrun, but o-k

11. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

Actually, Bullados, I think you could get away with it. You has three dual ball and three switch: if you don't draw Wynaut, you can dual ball for him and then switch to him and attack. So you still might wanna do the Wynaut thing, but it's not so much a priority now. Unless it never has been a priority. Grrrr...I hate being ignored. jk :D

12. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

Actually, you might wanna stick with dual ball for the above combo. So you can Alluring Smile first turn. Wynaut is awesome. >_<

:unknown-u :unknown-o :unknown-o :unknown-p :unknown-e :unknown-r

13. Pokekid

Pokekid New Member

ILC here to lazy to log out. Bull you're right about your whole "Boost doesn't make gardy ne faster" speech, and the "I'll just use my opponents boost" strategy is cool. The nice thing about boost though is to get the upper hand on your opponent. Sure you can use ure opponets boost to power ure gardy ex, but let's say you gardy ex doesn't survive seeing ure oppoents gardy boosted for a nice 60+ damage on ure Gardy EX (weakness psy). Boost is not meant to speed things up, but to get the upper hand on ure opponent. Behind in the game? Gardy EX with only 1 psy nrg and boost could change the game very quickly. You can't believe how many times Boost changed the game for me, heck I was able to knock out a Typhlo's and Flygon's with a Boost/ Psy Shadow combo.

If you don't want to use Boost go ahead, but if you have ne for trade save em for me ;)

14. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

Pokekid and Bullados, you're both making big mistakes. Tentacruel's power does not let you attach opponent's energies to yourself, only the opponent's pokemon. So you CAN NOT USE YOUR OPPONENT'S BOOST ENERGY ON YOURSELF!!! You can only attach their boost in their discard to them. So, Bull, in your deck, Gardy EX can't attack w/ psystorm till turn four, and that isn't cool at all. And once again...YOU CAN'T USE YOUR OPPONENT'S BOOST ENERGY ON YOURSELF!!!

:unknown-u :unknown-o :unknown-o :unknown-p :unknown-e :unknown-r

15. Pokekid

Pokekid New Member

Superwooper maybe I worded myself poorly (so sue me I was in a rush), but I never meant that you would physically attach the boost to ure own poke. What I meant was simply use the power, attach the enrgy to his poke, and then gardy ex attack #2.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2004
  16. Bigpoppabeatdown

well that is a relief because both of you sounded like you believed that you could use that power for you

but regardless, 10, 30 damage doesn't matter

what about a kingdra style deck that uses little nrg, and doesn't discard much

you want as much nrg on you as humanly possible

no sense attackin another gardy ex that used boost last turn and utilized the 4 nrgs that u'd have to have to attack, while u utilize his lone psychic

you want as much nrg as possible to ohko pokes before they can evolve, and with your stubborness towards boost, you won't stop them from stage 2 pokes

no matter what, you cripple this deck's potential at speed

all i can say is, whoever plays u against this deck already has an upperhand because u don't utilize the speed aspect

whatever you want, but if u lose at a tourney, don't say that you couldn't get gardy powered fast enough

17. bullados

getting it powered hasn't been the problem, it's been getting him out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.