Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Strength charm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Son of Leod

Sorry if I missed this in the Compendium, but...

If I'm Faint Attaching my opponent's bench, does strength charm do the extra 10 damage to the benched poke? If not, why not. No reference to the Defending Pokemon like plus power.

It was originally ruled that way, but a swipe of the card through the e-Reader and confirmation from Japan proved otherwise. Here's the "official":
== STRENGTH CHARM (Expedition Expansion)

Q. E-Reader says that the card "Strength Charm" does not add damage done to the bench. Is that correct? How should we play the card? This is what it says when you scan the card (I just did it): "Strength Charm is a Pokemon Tool. If the Pokemon Strength Charm is attached to does damage with its attacks, that damage is increased by 10. Damage done to benched Pokemon isn't increased though".
A. Turns out it is a game rule that NOTHING will ever increase the amount of damage done by a bench attack. So we have had to change the previous ruling on this card. Strength Charm does NOT increase damage done to the Bench ONLY to the Defending Pokemon. (Oct 31, 2002 WotC Chat, Q210 & Q225 & Q231 & Q253)

Hope this helps,
- CHRISBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back