Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Stress Relief

Amarinimo

So lately I've been feeling really tense and worrying about everything too much. I've hurt my back and shoulders from being so tense all the time. Does anyone have any tips for just, I don't know, letting go??

[Legal, please ;) ]

Well, you know, you could...

neever mind.

lol

All kidding aside, exercise, its good fo you

:D That's a good point, I'm going to try and get out and about a bit more. Thanks!

Video games do it for me.

Some Grand Theft Auto IV or Call of Duty (Without the mike)

The games take my mind off a lot of things, but I end up sort of leaning forwards over the controller/handheld and knotting my shoulders up! I need to perfect a way of sitting that deals with that.

As stated by Gallade, you need excercise. Or, if youre not the typical pokemon player, your muscles might need a break from lifting wieghts.

My suggestion would be to get into the habit of exercising while deliberately giving yourself time in the day for meditation or something equally suitable. If you like music, find a quiet space and listen to something relaxing. If you like to write, find a space and write about something that comforts you (maybe a good memory). Also try some breathing exercises; learn to control your breaths by breathing in slow and full (from the stomach, not the lungs) through your nostrils, then breathing out slow through your mouth.

I know some of these things may sound simple, but people can physiologically change themselves and de-stress by taking 3 nice, full breaths. Hope this helps!

Exercise is a great stress reliever. I go biking on one of the paths near my house a lot, and I tend to catch myself getting "in the zone" a lot. I just have my headphones on, and listen to my Ipod while riding.

Exercise is a good way to relieve it. Not echoing what others said for no reason -a body in motion will be a happier body. Don't put too much faith in video games -those can get you worked up, too. Freakin' Emolgas with volt tackle...

When I'm stressed, taking a nap usually is very helpful, except when I'm stressed because of school assignments due the following day.

My suggestion would be to get into the habit of exercising while deliberately giving yourself time in the day for meditation or something equally suitable. If you like music, find a quiet space and listen to something relaxing. If you like to write, find a space and write about something that comforts you (maybe a good memory). Also try some breathing exercises; learn to control your breaths by breathing in slow and full (from the stomach, not the lungs) through your nostrils, then breathing out slow through your mouth.

I know some of these things may sound simple, but people can physiologically change themselves and de-stress by taking 3 nice, full breaths. Hope this helps!

Very helpful, thanks very much; some things i hadn't thought of at all! :)

Exercise is a great stress reliever. I go biking on one of the paths near my house a lot, and I tend to catch myself getting "in the zone" a lot. I just have my headphones on, and listen to my Ipod while riding.

To do list for amarinimo:
#1 - Learn to ride a bike!! :lol:

Thanks!

Exercise is a good way to relieve it. Not echoing what others said for no reason -a body in motion will be a happier body. Don't put too much faith in video games -those can get you worked up, too. Freakin' Emolgas with volt tackle...

I agree!

When I'm stressed, taking a nap usually is very helpful, except when I'm stressed because of school assignments due the following day.

I just can't seem to sleep at all when I'm all wound up, especially due to school stuff!

So lately I've been feeling really tense and worrying about everything too much. I've hurt my back and shoulders from being so tense all the time. Does anyone have any tips for just, I don't know, letting go??

[Legal, please ;) ]

Stress manifests in many different forms with a myriad of stimuli that cause it. It's an interesting condition as it never really is the same for any two people. We all feel some kind of general effect from stress yet there also other effects that vary.

for example, I get a lot of stress felt on my shoulders and lower back, also I get a lot of pain in my stomach under high stress as if it was twisting and turning. I can't eat for hours after a very stressful event if I get the stomach pains.

with that said, it's only logical to think that if stress is different for everyone then finding ways to relieve it different for everyone too.

Exercise can be great in general for not only physical health but psychologically as well. However that shouldn't be the only thing you do.

Experiment! Seek out different activities/techniques/ideas that appeal to you. Don't be worried if something doesn't help, just move onto something else.

as said before, meditation, breathing exercises, stretching are all good things to try. Maybe taking up another hobby might help or a journal to write your thoughts down.

for me, I exercise a lot and practice tension relieving strategies and mental exercises. I also like driving in my car to relieve stress. I know it's a waste of gas but just getting to ride and let my brain work out things that are worrying me really helps.

It's a great journey to take and one that can really make a difference.

You, and someone else (your wife, if married) can.......... together. That would relax, and take your mind off of it for a while.

for example, I get a lot of stress felt on my shoulders and lower back, also I get a lot of pain in my stomach under high stress as if it was twisting and turning. I can't eat for hours after a very stressful event if I get the stomach pains.

THIS is exactly it!

with that said, it's only logical to think that if stress is different for everyone then finding ways to relieve it different for everyone too.

Exercise can be great in general for not only physical health but psychologically as well. However that shouldn't be the only thing you do.

Experiment! Seek out different activities/techniques/ideas that appeal to you. Don't be worried if something doesn't help, just move onto something else.

as said before, meditation, breathing exercises, stretching are all good things to try. Maybe taking up another hobby might help or a journal to write your thoughts down.

for me, I exercise a lot and practice tension relieving strategies and mental exercises. I also like driving in my car to relieve stress. I know it's a waste of gas but just getting to ride and let my brain work out things that are worrying me really helps.

It's a great journey to take and one that can really make a difference.

Thanks a lot for this; I don't drive but I get what you mean, I guess substituting the car with a bus/train might help me :)

---------- Post added 09/01/2011 at 06:54 PM ----------

You, and someone else (your wife, if married) can.......... together. That would relax, and take your mind off of it for a while.

lol Thanks, I'll ask my boyfriend ;)

Maybe he did know :lol::eek::lol:

:lol: I didn't, but I DID say "you and someone else" though. Someone else could be anybody you know. It really does relive stress you know. I used to watch a lot of Dr. Sue. She's like an expert in that kinda thing. :smile:

DUDE I know! I love getting my girlfriend to play Pokemon with me TOO! (actually playing cards does help stress for me)

But really. Breathing helps best for me. It's not healthy usually, but if your body can handle it, eating is great too (not in excessive amounts, you know what I mean). I get my Dad to throw a frisbee when i'm stressed over something just so I can run. I can see everything said in this thread helping really. Just do something that gets your mind off the stressor.

Back