Stupid Official replies outside or inside the US

Discussion in 'Random Topic Center' started by ukpokemonpro, Oct 28, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
  1. ukpokemonpro

ukpokemonpro New Member

Okay Michel suggested we have a thread about stupid replies from International Distributors about Pokemon.

Well I propose we go a little further and include the whole world US not excluded :) Heck maybe a first eh guys and gals ;)

So here are some of the stupid(er) quotes from the Outside the US thread .. feel free to add your own:

Okay now then anyone else have some stupid(er) quotes from Pokemon Officialdom?

2. Marcello-Milord

Marcello-Milord New Member

The stupidest ever?

Nexus - Italy :p

3. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

:-D

4. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

This fits better in the Random Topic Center as humor, so moving it there.

:t:

5. )v(ajin_ipg21

)v(ajin_ipg21 New Member

Man, IS MARRIL really running 'Muk over there?

:p

>_<
    That Nintendo UK one... i can see the irony just oOozing from that one...

Last edited: Oct 28, 2003
  6. Marril

Marril New Member

Um, yeah, sure, why not? :D

7. GodTrainer

GodTrainer Member

um no pop i think there being serious and not joking around, if i were them and i saw your comment it would seriously make me mad. I can completely sympatise with there situation and i belive this topic should STAY right here so that PUI can see it, cause lets face it this is where everyone looks the most

8. )v(ajin_ipg21

)v(ajin_ipg21 New Member

IMO what is NEWS worthy of this?

AND UKP has a wicked sense of humor, I hope this is ONE way of coping with their difficulties.

Uh BUT if its here PUI HAS to pay attention?
    We hope but I don't know why they are obligated to do so.

C'mon... we all know those ABSURD corpororate PARTY line Customer DisService Non-answers.

Funny, yet so aggravating...

Last edited: Oct 28, 2003
  9. ukpokemonpro

ukpokemonpro New Member

Me wicked ;)

Well it is halloween (nearly) and damn that Gengar he made me post it in News and I knew it should be here in the RTC now seriously lets get back to that FUN!

PS. we have heard Pre-release is coming either weekend 15/16 or 22/23 November and League kits maybe from next week.

:) But then again that is an unofficial annpuncement ... damn Gengar made me take this off-topic too .. :(

10. GymLeaderPhil

GymLeaderPhil New Member

This alone notes at how Distributors will screw up Organized Play. I mean, look at the grammatical errors: 'Are' and 'Organised". Organised sounds like some sort of medical operation. And yes I'd love to take part in this evil scheme. Click below to see the picture used on the UK distributors site:

http://home.cfl.rr.com/kpoj/pokemon/important_02.jpg
    -Phil

11. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

I wouldn't put too much weight on "grammatical errors". Remember, these are, in many cases, translations from other languages and by people for whom English is a second language.

And in much of the world, 's' is used instead of 'z' for words like that. We're the ones that are funky in using a z.

12. )v(ajin_ipg21

)v(ajin_ipg21 New Member

WHoa perhaps progress?

BUT then again I'll be a doubting Thomas...

I want to READ when YOU FINALLY have something in your HANDS...

THAT would definitely qualify as NEWS!!!

13. Dek

Dek New Member

Pop has a point here. In many places (like Europe), they will spell their words differently than we do. We might say "color" and they will say "colour" (I think thats how its spelled. No offense if I spelled it wrong).

As for this thing about it being humor, I'm sorry, but I wouldn't quallify this stuff as humor. Companies do make excuses to customers in most cases because the company doesn't want to admit that they screwed up. I've had the same thing happen to me many times, as well as my parents. I think that this should stay in the TCG News because this seems to be more of a concern than anything else.