Super Blaziken/Rayquaza

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Ancient Pokemon Trainer, Apr 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Okay 1st of all if I have the name of the deck wrong please correct me.I don't have the cards to build this deck I just want a decklist to look up to.

Pokemon17
    RayquazaEXx2
    Blaziken(holo)x4
    Combuskenx2(flare)
    Torchicx4(Dragon)
    Dunsparcex4
    Dittox1
    electrick pokemon?

Trainers18
    Rare Candyx4
    Potionx4
    Oran Berryx2
    PORx4
    Copycatx2
    Moo Moo Milkx2

Energy22
    Multi Energyx4
    Electrick Energyx6
    Fire Energyx12

3 more pokemon?+ electrick

2. |PoKeY|

|PoKeY| New Member

Pokes-21
    RayquazaEXx2
    Blaziken EX x2
    Blaziken(holo)x3
    Combuskenx2(lunge)
    Torchicx4(Dragon)
    Dunsparcex4
    skitty either mer, or double edge, x2
    Delcatty Energy Draw x2

Trainers 20
    Rare Candyx4
    TV Reporter x4
    PORx4
    Oracle x4
    1 Town Vol
    2 Warp Point
    2 High Pressure System

Energy18
    Multi Energyx2
    Fire Energy x 16

Believes this is probably the best way to play the deck.

3. Were are the electricks and electric energy?!+ wrong Combuskens and I think you need 4 (holo) Blaziken.Sorry but I don't realy need your help but thanks anyways.Eneybody else.

4. |PoKeY|

|PoKeY| New Member

you really dont need electrics, just used multis for rayquaza

5. Okay then you need 4 but I still think you need electricks because you have 2 Quaza and I don't think 4 is enough.Oh now I remember Magneton.

6. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

That's very wrong. Only Dragon bursting twice the entire game?!? You MUST have forgotten that Multi acts as both lightning and fire when played, and must be discarding when Dragon Bursting. No recovery of the multi (TV only brings back basic energy) means only doing dragon burst twice. I like going 2/2 Multi Lightning, and drop 2 fire. Other than that the deck looks pretty good, here's my version:

Pokes - 22
    Rayquaza EX x3
    Blaziken EX x1
    Blaziken x4
    Combusken x2
    Torchic x4
    Dunsparce x4
    Skitty x2
    Delcatty Energy Draw x2

Trainers - 20
    Rare Candy x4
    TV Reporter x4
    POR x4
    Oracle x4
    Town Volunteers x1
    Warp Point x2
    HPS x1

Energy - 18
    Multi Energy x2
    Lightning x2
    Fire Energy x 14

I still like relying mostly on Ray, only one Blaziken EX for LOADS of speed with regular Blaziken, should have two out turn three, turn four LATEST, Delcatty up turn two, this deck is very solid, if you want an Amphy line, ditch one Rayquaza EX, 2 Fire Energy, one Warp Point, and the HPS, and put in a 2/1/2 line of Amphy. For even more fun you can drop a POR or Oracle for an Amphy EX...hehehe...adding to the damage, it's really fun to play, I've tried BAR with Amphy EX, and I did it against my friend's proxy Stoise EX/Milotic/Walrein deck: as you can imagine, I won: he still had five prizes to take. If you think Suicune/Swampert will be big in your area, you might want to use Amphy, just as a surprise tECh. Look out, Swampert players!

Wooper

7. registeel

registeel New Member

Hey I am sry to say this but I heard that when you place Multi or Rainbow on Rayquaza when you attack you must discard the Multi including all the other energy attached to Rayquaza though you would get the xtra 40

8. |PoKeY|

|PoKeY| New Member

ya.. thats the thing u arent supposed to say....

1 multi, 1 fire= 80 damage
    1 mulit, 2 fire= 120

9. Pidgeotto Trainer

Pidgeotto Trainer New Member

Go with Wooper's list for non-Amphy Blaziken decks. The list I am trying with Amphy is
    Pokemon 26
    4 Torchic
    2 Combusken
    4 Blaziken
    1 Blaziken ex
    2 Skitty
    2 Delcatty
    2 Mareep
    1 Flaafy
    2 Ampharos (exp-NOT ex)
    2 Rayquaza ex
    4 Dunsparce
    Trainers 16
    4 POR
    4 TV Reporter
    4 Oracle
    4 Rare Candy
    Energy 16
    4 Electric
    12 Fire
    I'm considering dropping 1 Fire for 1 Blaze ex. Of course I have to proxy those Blaze ex. :rolleyes:

10. Looks good but I don't want to do BAR or RAMBO whatever we call it now and I also don't want to do Nineken if I totaly don't have the cards for Super Blaziken/Rayquaza then I'll go Nineken so if you have a good Nineken decklist feel free to post it.I'm confused on Multi and Rayquaza could somebody clear me out?SW what does HPS meen and you have 3 RayquazaEX isnt that to much?

11. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

3 Rayquaza EX is needed because of only one Blaziken EX. If you were playing 2 Rayquaza EX, you'd play 2 Blaziken EX, got it? Use the big 4 rule in BAR. HPS is high pressure system, it lets your Torchics and Combuskens retreat for free if you ever get in a tight spot. Multi Energy is both lightning and fire energy, so it will be discarded when using Dragon Burst NO MATTER WHAT. You want to preserve the lightning energy by using actual lightning energy. Here's a chart of what happens in this situations: (remember that in each situation I'm discarding fire)

1 Fire, 1 Lightning = 40 damage - Lightning energy stays
    1 Fire, 1 Multi = 80 damage - MULTI MUST BE DISCARDED BECAUSE IT ACTS AS LIGHTNING ENERGY AND FIRE ENERGY
    2 Fire, 1 Lightning = 80 damage - Lightning energy stays
    2 Fire, 1 Multi = 120 - MULTI MUST BE DISCARDED BECAUSE IT ACTS AS LIGHTNING ENERGY AND FIRE ENERGY

Playing Multi means you can only attack with Dragon Burst as many times as you have multi energy, since Town Volunteers and Fisherman only get BASIC energy, and although they do add more damage, I'd rather attack more than once with Rayquaza EX. PM me if you don't understand, Ancient Pokemon Trainer, I can explain it more in detail.

Wooper

12. Oh I get it if Quaza attacks with DB Multi always must be discarded even though it says discard ether all (L) or (R) makes sence.Sprial Growth isn't needed if you have Blaziken right?Becaause SG is an attack you risk getting knocked out and Firestarter is not an attack is that right?

13. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

Yes, just switch Rayquaza and power up against, Spiral Growth should almost never be used. I wouldn't go so far as to say never (once I flipped 6 heads with it, got KOd tho - o_O), but just Firestarter the bench. At the speed this deck is going, you should probably already have another pumped pokemon waiting on the bench anyway is you don't have a switch.

Wooper

14. Oh okay so I think I'll go with your decklist SW thanks a 1,000,000!

15. Wait SW were are the healers?I don't see potion or anything.

16. Pidgeotto Trainer

Pidgeotto Trainer New Member

You don't need them. The only way to keep up with this deck is to OHKO them right back in most cases.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.