Super Slaking Does Not Slack Off!

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by plaidlesspez, Jan 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plaidlesspez

plaidlesspez New Member

Ha that was a dumb title. I'll change it when I think of something better. Anyway I got another idea for a deck that actually works and it's fun to play. Here it is...

Pokemon-23
    4 Slakoth (RS)
    3 Vigoroth (RS)
    3 Slaking (RS)
    4 Dunsparce (SS)
    2 Eevee (SS)
    2 Espeon (AQ)
    2 Torchic (DR)
    1 Combusken (80 HP)
    2 Blaziken (Holo)

Trainers-21
    4 Professor Oak’s Research
    4 Professor Elm’s Training Method
    3 Professor Birch
    3 Oracle
    3 Rare Candy
    2 Buffer Piece
    1 Copycat
    1 Town Volunteers

Energy-16
    9 Fire
    4 Boost
    3 Warp

Now the strategy is to get an Espy and Blaziken on the bench with a Slaking out attacking. I need to get Slaking powered up with at least one fire and warp, attack, next turn take the warp energy off and put it back on to go to the bench, put espy out, use blazzy's power to put the discarded fire back on Slaking, retreat Espy, and voila, I'm doing 100 damage every turn and stopping Poke-Powers. Boost energy is a fun surprise. Thanks in advance for suggestions.

UPDATE: So far, I have been getting the whole Combo out by usually turn 6, sometimes 5, and once 4. I basically want to get it usually turn 5, cause turn 4 is really hard to get. Turn 6 is a little slow. So if anyone can give my trainers a fix to make it faster, I would appreciate it.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2004
  2. Super Sonik

Super Sonik New Member

First things first...you have three evolution lines. This can be bad or good depending on who you play. Dump a Slakoth since u have four Dunce. Now focus your trainers. Ditch four POR and add three more CC and an xtra warp nrg since your deck focuses on warp so much. Then ditch one Prof. Birch for a forth PETM to get out your evos quick after Dunce finds your basics.

Well, that's all I got. :D

Sonik

3. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

Hey, Sonik, great to see ya at the gym. I just registered, too. Now about your deck fix, it only had 59 cards, so I suggest adding in one buffer piece. That makes two, enuff to keep Slaking alive against the most fearsome of all EX's.

SuperWooper says: You may be able to soup the soup, but only SuperWooper can soup the woop! :D

4. plaidlesspez

plaidlesspez New Member

Are you sure I have 59? I am a mathaholic so I don't think I counted wrong. Which section did I count wrong in? (Pokemon, trainers, or energy)

5. Super Sonik

Super Sonik New Member

I meant Sonik is his deck fix.

6. plaidlesspez

plaidlesspez New Member

Hey, can anyone else give me a fix? It's been good if I get the combo out fast, by no later than turn 5, but I don't always get it out fast. So if someone can give me any sugggestions to fix that, I'd appreciate it. Also, does anyone think this could be a viable deck at the city championships? I think this is what I'm going to make for it, so tell me if this could make the top 4 at least.

7. plaidlesspez

plaidlesspez New Member

Hmmm, I'll have to think about it. The combo is just so broken if I can get it out quick and keep Slaking alive affer a turn or two of being attacked, cause then my opponent would most likely have nothing left, so I basically win. Without Espy, I can't attack as many turns in a row, but then I could try to keep Slaking alive longer. The only thing that really that gets Slaking are OHKOs. Oh yeah, without Espy, I'd warp to the bench, but then I'd have no free retreater, but I get I could just firestarter energies onto a dunsparce for retreating.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.