Super Smash Brothers Melee- Best character?

Discussion in 'Electronic Games' started by Perfect0ne, Sep 25, 2003.

1. Perfect0ne

Perfect0ne New Member

Whats your best character? Why?

I think Im best with either Samus/Shreik/Peach equally.
    With evading with the 'Z' button and their fast movement in the air, they get through any attack and counter- especially Shreik. Peach can change direction in the air so much, evades anything and counters well for me. Samus has lots of higher damage attacks and her tap moves are powerful.

2. dkates

dkates New Member

Mine's probably either Roy or Young Link. Roy is fair in the speed department, small enough to be evasive, and his attacks are mostly fast, with decent range. Also, a surprise Counter goes a long way. Young Link is superb in the speed department, fair in the range department (including a couple of projectiles), and his arsenal of moves allows you to use a few different strategies, switching quickly when you need to. I also love his downward stab from the air, and forward smash.

[EDIT] I'm also a fan of Mewtwo and Dr. Mario. The Doc is a wierd character that most people don't expect, and has a good balance of speed and power -- better, IMO, than regular Mario. I tend to mainly use his smashes, cape, and some pills. Mewtwo is a thrower character, and very evasive in the air. His downward smash is especially useful, too.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2003
  3. Cooltrainer Aaron

Cooltrainer Aaron New Member

I'd have to say that Falco and Fox are mine. Their speed and high jumping, along with their surprise movement and counter attacks makes them strong. I'm very partial to their floor sweeper attacks, which make for great stun attacks.

4. dkates

dkates New Member

Fox and Falco -- especially Fox, IMO -- are very good characters, I agree. I play Fox every once in a while myself. In addition to the points you mentioned, these 2 have a projectile-reflector that can be activated at a moment's notice, quick Smashes (I often use Fox's upward Smash), and quick projectiles with no range limit. As you may have guessed, I've had a fair amount of experience with each character. I gravitate toward the speed characters.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2003
  5. Canadian Bacon

Canadian Bacon New Member

im a young link, just because he has a great speed and a bunch of long range attacks. they might not do a lot of damage, but after your opponent takes a lot of damage, just B-Down on their head. !INSTANT KO!

6. Cooltrainer Aaron

Cooltrainer Aaron New Member

But if you get in close and use his tornado, it not only stuns the opponent, but does major combo damage. Also, I think you're talking about a down and A attack for the KO, down B is a bomb that does a combo burn.

7. TrueGamerX

TrueGamerX New Member

I haven't played Super Smash Brothers Melee and I don't have a Gamecube. But in the first SSB, Kirby was pretty good and I used him all the time. Is Kirby still good to play in SSBM?

8. dkates

dkates New Member

Not only is Kirby still good, he's improved. His moves combo easily, and he got a couple of new moves that really enhance his arsenal. Not necessarily one of the best, IMO, but not bad.

9. GOROY

GOROY New Member

I personally use Pikachu and his smash attacks, and it works a lot. Just combo-ing the smash moves one after the other can really bring the opponent characters down.

10. TrueGamerX

TrueGamerX New Member

I heard that Captain Falcon ain't the same as he was in the first SSB. Is this true?

11. ShadowOfTyranitar

ShadowOfTyranitar New Member

re

Fox and Falco. Fox if I want to run circles around my foe, and Falco if I want a great balance of power and speed.

12. Pidgeotto Trainer

Pidgeotto Trainer New Member

I am the master of Fox and Falco in that order.

13. ShadowOfTyranitar

ShadowOfTyranitar New Member

re

Ross, I could destroy you in SSBM.

14. mysterioustrainer

mysterioustrainer New Member

After playing in a summer long series of SSBM tournaments here in Cheyenne, I have mastered my favorite, Pikachu, to the bone. What I like about him is for the ability to quicky evade on the ground and good smash hits whether running or standing. It makes great altitude with its B up and B smash moves and is very unique with items. Basically my strategy is to smash it to death, that is why Pikachu works for this Pokemon Master.

15. dkates

dkates New Member

Pikachu's cool, but I honestly think he got powered down for SSB:M, as compared to the original Super Smash Brothers. Thunder got a speed boost, but Quick Attack (which, IMO, should have been called Agility, but...) seems slower, for example. Could just be that he didn't get as good of upgrades as the other characters, but I don't know. I can't really prove it one way or the other.

16. Charizard19190

Charizard19190 New Member

Every time you can't say anything stupider, you prove yourself wrong, THAT'S
    FOR SURE! Kirb is AWESOME, no matter what!

.......I also like Roy, Dr.M & Bowser, & Mewtwo!

:lol: :D I could beatchun's all at it, 'cause I'm a Smash Champ!!!!!!!

17. dkates

dkates New Member

Too bad we can't test that claim. Answer me this, though. Can you consistently beat a CPU Level 9 Samus? I can.

18. Charizard19190

Yeah, I can whoop a tornament of Lv.9-ners, alright!

19. SD PokeMom

SD PokeMom Mod Supervisor Staff Member

Charizard19190, may I suggest you stop with the personal comments, attacks, and boasting, none of which are acceptable here on the 'Gym. If you have not done so already, please make sure you read and understand the PokéGym Posting Rules, up in the "Announcements" forum; you agreed to follow these when you registered your screen name.

'mom

20. Charizard19190

ok, J
    I like that, but i'm that way, k?
    alrighty thena stop a saying like this someone helpa me!