Supporting Pokemon, Unite!

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Baboon, Nov 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baboon

Baboon New Member

My Alakazam deck has been giving me last-second troubles recently. The Prerelease for me is on Sunday, and I was going to take it as my Modified deck for side events... BUT, I went and did what I promised myself I wouldn't- make a brand-new deck this close to the tournament. lol. I had a good idea last night about a deck, not using the main focuses of every Modified deck, but rather Pokemon that go in a lot of decks but aren't the focus. So, here's my deck...

"Supporting Pokemon, Unite!"

Pokemon: 17
    4 Zigzagoon (EX2)
    3 Linoone (EX1)
    4 Skitty (#44, EX1)
    3 Delcatty (2 EX2, 1 Holo)
    3 Wobbuffet (EX2)

Energy: 16
    11 Psychic
    3 Cyclone
    2 Warp

Trainers: 27
    4 Copycat
    4 Master Ball
    3 Oak's Research
    3 Desert Shaman
    3 Warp Point
    3 Oran Berry
    3 Potion
    2 Town Volunteers
    2 Mirage Stadium

Quick explanation- Linoone is meant to be my starting Pokemon, if possible, as it can search and possibly get easy KO's. Delcatty is there for some more damage, and Wobbuffet is there to get 1 hit KO's against Gardevoir and to be invincible against Gardevoir ex.
    The Cyclone Energy, Warp Point, and Mirage Stadium are there to possibly have some fun with the opponent...
    The Desert Shaman is there for some more fun with the opponent, and it probably won't affect me much, especially if I have Linoone active with Seek Out... Even if Linoone isn't, all my Pokemon don't really need any specific Energy or anything, so I'm not worried.

Pretty much everything else falls into place normally, so I won't explain every card.

Tell me what you think! :)

2. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

After Dragons, I would suggest dropping 1 Zigzagoon, 1 Skitty, and 1 Wobbuffet, and 1 other card (energy???) for a 2-2 Line on Magneton. It is another supporting Pokemon whose power compliments Delcatty's. Trade half of energy for electric, and makes a good balance I would think.

Also check out Briney's Compassion. You could drop Potions or berries and get a better overall effect.

3. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

I suggest dropping 1 Zigzagoon, 1 Skitty, and i energy for a BBP. Hmmm... Sneasel ex could work! With 12 Basics (Including Sneasel), Sneasel could do some major damage!!! Then trade 1 Master Ball, 1 Copycat, 1 Psy energy and 1 Cyclone energy for 4 Darkness energy. Take out the warp point for Switch, then take out The Cyclone energy and Warp energy for Rainbow/Multi energy. I would also consider changing 1-3 of the Linoones to its Sandstorm Counter Part. That should make the deck a great Beatdown deck. That's all fur me! ;)
    -Swampert

4. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

Nevermind about the SS Linoone, just found out what the other one did...
    -Swampert

5. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

i still think 1 SS Linnone is good. I like running a 3-2-1 on Ziggzagoon myself. 3 Ziggys from SS, 2 Linoones from RuSa, 1 from SS. its free retreat, and Guarnteed damage (I think???), plus its ability to scour the discard pile, gives it an oppertunitty to shine, not quite as good as RuSa, but a worthy addition to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.