Surf?

Discussion in 'Electronic Games' started by Ancient Pokemon Trainer, Mar 18, 2004.

1. Who should I teach Surf to in the Ruby version?

Party:
    Blaziken
    Lileep
    Swellow
    Linoone
    Kirlia
    Mightyena

I'm hesitating to teach Surf to Linoone here is it's attacks:
    Secret Power
    Strenght
    Cut
    Attract

2. Hot Mustid

Hot Mustid New Member

get rid of attract, if u use linoone for anything other than a HM slave, u have serious mental disabilities.

:p

3. Dark_Gengar

Dark_Gengar New Member

If this is the party you intend to keep. Linoone is the only one who can learn Surf. Of course I would strongly recommend to add a water Pokemon to your party. Linoones are mainly used for their ability to learn many HMs (hence the nickname HM-slave) and for their pick-up ability. Also, at some point in the game you will need to use the HM Dive and none of the Pokemon in your party can learn Dive. Azumarill is another good HM-slave. It can learn Surf, Strength, Rock Smash, Waterfall and Dive.
    Hope this helps! :)

4. Yeah okay Linoone an HM slave who should I replace it with?I'll teach it Surf but I'll still need a pokemon for battling to replace it with.

5. Dark_Gengar

Dark_Gengar New Member

Since you have a Blaziken, I guess you don't have access to a Swampert. You could use Lanturn or Kingdra to replace the Linoone in your party.

6. Elite Trainer Raven

Elite Trainer Raven New Member

Or you could also get a Whiscash which is almost the same as Swampert.

7. Okay then i'll just keep some HM slaves.Alright since I haven't been using HM slaves I have to replace the HMs on some of my pokemon.Heres 1.
    Mightyena
    Rock Smash
    Howl
    Roar
    Bite

That's the only 1 and what to replace Linoone with?Should I drop Lileep?

8. Kyfogre22

Kyfogre22 New Member

if you're really looking for an HM slave that can fight, use gyrados. It has high stats and can learn enough HM's, and its a water type.