Survey about Pokemon Buying Habits

Discussion in 'Random Topic Center' started by Zapditto, May 7, 2008.

1. Zapditto

Zapditto New Member

I was wondering if some of you can help me with some research I am doing for economics in regards to buying Pokemon cards/buying habits in general.

Do you collect? Play? Both?

About how much do you spend on Pokemon cards a year? How does this number compare with other purchases you make throughout the year?

Where do you purchase most of your cards? (store, online, here, eBay, ect)

In what form do you buy your cards? (singles, boosters, boxes, ect)

Do you spend more on cards during a specific time of year?

Does seeing scans of a set early influence your buying habits for that set? For example, we have all seen Majestic Dawn scans, do you already know about how much you'll be buying? If you have an idea of how much you'll be buying, how does this compare to other sets?

Do you usually buy cards right when they come out? Or do you wait for prices to go down?

Do you sell your cards after a certain period of time or do you hold onto them?

For those who purchase on eBay:

What makes you pick one seller over another?

Do you usually use Buy it Nows or go for auctions?

What kinds of cards do you buy the most of? Least of? (Trainers, RH's, complete sets, ect)

Thank you for your time :biggrin:

-Tim

2. Answers in CAPS AND BOLD in quote below

3. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

Alright, I stopped playing a few weeks ago, but I'll answer like it was back then for you ok? Answers in boldface.

4. Regis_Neo

Regis_Neo Moderator

Answers in Bold.

5. bullados

bullados <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

Like everybody else, boldface.
    I get the feeling this will be poll locked, but there ya go...

6. Lucario EX

Lucario EX Moderator<br>Fanfic Contest Host

Hope I helped.

7. Jedi_Amara

Jedi_Amara New Member

Play

About how much do you spend on Pokemon cards a year? How does this number compare with other purchases you make throughout the year?

I only spend on booster prereleases, so AU$90-AU$120 a year. Considering I probably spend several hundred dollars on Pokémon merch every 3 months (according to my bank account anyway - it really hates me), I think that's quite reasonable. I typically only make one "big" purchase a year, eg. MP3 player, camera.

I don't in general.

If I do buy a card it'll be a single.

No.

Does seeing scans of a set early influence your buying habits for that set? For example, we have all seen Majestic Dawn scans, do you already know about how much you'll be buying? If you have an idea of how much you'll be buying, how does this compare to other sets?

No, I don't buy cards usually.

Do you usually buy cards right when they come out? Or do you wait for prices to go down?

No.

Sell what I'm not using; too much clutter in my room already.

N/A

N/A

What kinds of cards do you buy the most of? Least of? (Trainers, RH's, complete sets, ect)

Playable cards.

8. Jran Sakarra

Jran Sakarra New Member

BOTH

wow lets see.
    I spend little over 1k a year on Pokemon cards. Depends on League and Sets that are out.

Hoddy Town, Toys R us, Walmart, Target.

All of the above

Summer and Winter

I am buying two Boxes and putting around $80 into the prerelease(Bring a friend and I pay for him to enter and I get the cards.)

Both

Sell when I think the price is at its peak.

Price and feedback.

Both

EEVEE cards, Trainers, old cards.(MOST)
    Energy and cards I don't need(LEAST)

9. Jason

Jason New Member

I was wondering if some of you can help me with some research I am doing for economics in regards to buying Pokemon cards/buying habits in general.

:I am a collector and a player, so both.

:Like... $1700USD a year?

:pokegym, ebay, local store (league, EBgames, Big W)

:Mainly booster boxes when set releases, and singles at most times.

:I think it's all even... But if there is a time when I spend more, it would be the Jan-Apr tournament season....

:I am getting 2 booster boxes, as always for each set release. Sometimes only 1, sometimes 3 - its all depends on the set (size, playability, demand, etc).

:I buy boxes when it comes out, and singles when the rush dies down a bit. If is involves a really important deck card, Ill just buy it when it first come out.

:I do sell times, at some part of the year. When I feel like selling stuff on Ebay

:Some sellers are awesome, so I choose to go for whatever have really good feedbacks, or have excellent experience with myself or other Australians in the past.

:Depends on the card demand price.

:Rev foils deck staples mainly.

Thank you for your time :biggrin:

-Tim[/quote]

There you go, from the DOWN UNDER.

10. AquaChallengerB

AquaChallengerB New Member

Both

At least $1,000 + if not paying attention ^___^......not shure on part 2

Mainly local stores

All of the above

No just on visits to stores

Does seeing scans of a set early influence your buying habits for that set? For example, we have all seen Majestic Dawn scans, do you already know about how much you'll be buying? If you have an idea of how much you'll be buying, how does this compare to other sets?I buy out of habit not do to set scans....

im there once its out normally....sometimes wish id wait though ^_____^

A little of both....and trade

11. Nu Gundam

Nu Gundam New Member

Answer is in bold and italics :tongue:

12. shinx-a-vision

shinx-a-vision New Member

both

$750

proffesors store

booster, boxes, tins, singles, blisters, all exept decks

nope

no

both

hold on

rarely

high good

BINS

what i need

13. Tentacruel13

Tentacruel13 New Member

Survey Answers

Both
    $100-$150, I don't make any other purchases
    The store and eBay.
    Singles and Boosters
    When the newest sets come out.
    It might, and it might not. I look at the scans, see what cards I"m interested in. and see if any are worth buying tons of packs. With great encounters, I didn't buy any GE packs(didn't liked the cards much) and saved my money for Majestic Dawn.
    A.S.A.P.
    I sell rare cards that I don't like when I get the chance.

The feedback.
    Only if it's a really good deal. Don't think I have yet though.
    Most:Cards for my deck. Least:Complete Sets

14. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

Hope you can use it.