Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

SW Holos

Tagrineth

Alright well, my local hobby shop just finally got my ordered box of SW in, and it seems I was in for a little treat. Well, I think so, anyway -

All my rare-holo cards turned out very 'sparkly'.

Now, I don't get much exposure to the newer cards at the moment, but my good friend Mike (ReploidX) got a box a little while ago and his rare-holos looked completely normal. My other friend Chris K. bought some singles to build a deck too and his Blastoises look normal enough too.

What, you ask, do I mean by sparkly? The shiny foil pattern on my rare-holos covers the whole card! The shiny, patterned foiling is clearly visible on the text box as well as the card borders.

Have I really stumbled onto something here or is this a little more routine than I'm aware? They really look quite awesome. I'll try to take pictures some time during the week.

No, they aren't reverse holo. Got 36 of those, as expected. I'm talking about the rare-holo cards like Gardevoir, Lugia, Blastoise, et al.

The box I got came ordered via a hobby shop distributor and was in the very familiar Nintendo/Pokemon logo watermarked plastic wrap. It's all the same material as the four MT boxes I got.

I'll put up some photos & scans tomorrow.

EDIT: They look like shinier versions of the DP1 starter deck versions of Emp, Ape, and Terra.

Yeah, it seems to be an error in printing (the 'all-sparkle' one's being the mistake), but most of the initial boxes of SW that we opened here had the 'all-sparkle' pattern, and I think that they look really cool. I also have holos that I've gotten out of packs bought at Target and such that look normal. In any case, what you got is completely normal and pretty much just a nice printing run error to look at.

That's the way most of my SW Holos are, and alot of others' too. It's not anything out of the ordinary, though I prefer them over the non-holo-all-over holos.

Okay that's exactly what I wanted to know. =) Thanks guys.

They are indeed amazing looking and I want more of them, lol! Anyone got some "sparkly" Gallades they'd be willing to part with...? XD

I'd say this thread can be locked now most likely since the situation has been explained..

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

For those who are curious, since my camera and scanner don't feel like working right now,

be79_1.JPG

Note along the top edge of the card. You can see that the 'sparkly' foiling is still visible outside the picture... that's what I'm referring to, if you have yet to see any SW rare-holo cards that look like this.

Last edited:
Back