Swampert. He has his uses.

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Scipio, Mar 20, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scipio

Scipio New Member

20 Pokémon:
    4 Mudkip CG Submerge
    2 Marshtomp GE
    4 Swampert GE
    2 Swampert Ex CG
    2 Palkia DP
    2 Palkia LVX GE
    4 Lapras GE

24 Trainers:
    3 Roseanne's Research
    4 Celio's Network
    4 Rare Candy
    3 Holon Circle
    4 TV Reporter
    3 Switch
    3 Night Maintainance

16 Energy:
    12 Water Energy
    4 Double Rainbow Energy

Strategy: Get a Swampert or two rolling. Try to get out Palkia X ASAP, then use Restructure. Now here's why I picked Swampert; he can ensure that the one who becomes active gets the energy. This way, I can hit whatever I wish to, while ensuring powerful attacks.
    I'm a bit struggling with the backup though. Swampert Ex seems pretty good here. But we all know sending out Ex's isn't THE best idea this format. On the other hand, Getlade needs 4 prizes to KO Swampert, so he's gonna struggle with a swarm. Swampert beats Gardevoir in a man-on-woman fight, so I dont fear Psychic Lock TOO much.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2008
  2. garchompx12

garchompx12 New Member

take out the kisses, and add in 1-1 or even 2-2 mantine MT. it works so much better since its basically an auto-reversal because you can retreat freely for a swamppert after a restructure

3. jconti2818

jconti2818 Member

If you are going to be a running a water deck anyway, I think you would be better off with Lapras as your starter. You are guaranteed an energy and thin your deck by at least two cards each turn. With Pacharisu, once you fill up your bench, you are about done and most people aren't playing tools which stick around for a while like cessation crystal.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2008
  4. Scipio

Scipio New Member

I would add Lapras instead of Pachi if I didn't play Togekiss. Lapras removes from Togekiss's pulls. He will be in if I find a better draft that excludes Togekiss.
    Garchomp: Except that Swampert and Palkia have higher retreat.

5. Flygon999

Flygon999 New Member

You need a main attacker.

6. fragnito

fragnito New Member

is 80 not enough for a main attacker? or even 60 plus that attack assures that you dont lose your energy if he is knocked out, thats what makes the whole deck work
    i wish i had the cards to try this out
    so do you never plan to attack with swampert cg?

7. The_Lurb

The_Lurb New Member

I would definately suggest using the CG Mudkip, not being snipable is really nice and it's only a 10 HP difference.

8. tc19930815

tc19930815 New Member

gd deck!! u may want to tech in a togetic d

9. UFtroll

UFtroll New Member

Don't dismiss the rest of my post after this comment BUT this may be the right deck for Night Maintenance Center.
    I would rather have Claydol than Togekiss
    Wouldn't switch be better than Warp Point? You get an automatic heads on a reversal with Palkia and then you let them switch out the one you pick? I would put in 3 switches.
    My suggestion
    -4 toge
    -4 pachy
    +4 baltoy
    +2 claydol
    -2 WP
    +3 switch
    +1 trainer your choice
    -4 water
    + 4 multi/fighting
    If you are going to use Swampert EX - Oaks Visit + TV reporter or better falicitys

10. Scipio

Scipio New Member

Flygon - Swampert IS my Main Attacker.
    Fragnito - Thinking of getting him out. His attack is too meh, but his draw effect is nice.
    Lurb - Hmm, you're right there, thanks.
    tc - Why?
    UF - The problem with Claydol is that I cannot afford to have something on my bench that cannot attack. Palkia X is likely to let my opponent drag out Claydol, which I do not want due to his 2 retreat cost. There will be edits made though, its needed, and I've had some improvement ideas.

11. Ardoptres

Ardoptres New Member

- 1 Swampy GE
    + 1 Swampy CG

No Mew*?

Claydol wouldn't be too bad either.

12. Scipio

Scipio New Member

Ardoptres, I can't use non-attacking backup due to Palkia.
    Mew* is WAY too fragile.

13. UFtroll

UFtroll New Member

I like the changes you made.

Does Swampert move Double Rainbow? It says energy so my guess is yes. If so Claydol still could work but I think I like Lapras taking up less room
    Maybe add in a couple of Amulet Coin and Two scrambles for a Night Main. 2 DRE and One energy or Holon Circle?? Two reasons Extra draw if you start with lapras 1st turn. Would really temp a Pachirisu to Smash Short twice and activate your Scrambles. Allow you to spread out damage as you use Palkia and then clean up with multiple prizes with Swampert EX later in the game.

Do you need a SCOTT to allow you to get a stadium second or third turn?

14. jconti2818

jconti2818 Member

Don't forget, Palkia's first attack can also allow you to pull a stadium card from the deck.

John

15. UFtroll

UFtroll New Member

Good point but with Lapras I think I would rather have 2 Holon Circle and 1 Scott than 3 Holon Circle

16. Scipio

Scipio New Member

Its up for reconsideration. It also helps me getting rid of Crystal Beaches that might obstruct me, so I'm leaning towards this. This build tends to draw into one Holon Circle sooner or later anyway, and they're not VITAL to my success. After all, I can get by without Swampy Ex's charging.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.