Swampoleon Beatdown

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Kazuhiro, May 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kazuhiro

Kazuhiro New Member

Swampoleon Beatdown

Pokemons: (x24)
    3-2-2-1 Empoleon LV.X

2-1-2 Swampert

3-2 Mantine

2-1 Palkia LV.X

3 Lapras

Trainers: (x21 )
    [Supporters]
    2x Felicity’s Drawing
    2x Professor Oak’s Visit
    3x Bebe’s Search
    3x Roseanne’s Research
    2x Professor Rowan

[Other Trainers]
    2x Amulet Coin
    2x Night Maintenance
    3x Rare Candy
    2x Dusk ball

Energies:
    15x Water

Strat: Get Mantine in the bench to switch between Empoleon and Swampert and sweep the opponent. Empoleon is a good attacker and can harm pokemons in the opponent's bench pokemon. Swampert helps with the energies flow. Palkia X helps with energy flow and can switch if Mantine is not here. Lapras is good starter pokemon.
    [I know Swampert can be replaced by another pokemon easily but I already ordered and pay for the cards and I don't want to feel like I wasted my money so that's why I'm keeping him.]

Here's the deck I want to make. I just need a couple of more cards to complete it. I need some suggestion about the build and strategies.
    Take in note that I do not use old trainer cards or old Pokemon cards (Power Keepers and older sets)
    Because;
    1. They are hard to find
    2. That's the rule in my playgroup
    So yeah.. I need some suggestions here.

2. Flygon999

Flygon999 New Member

Idk why you need Felicity's Drawing....same with Aumlet Coin and only 2 Dusk Ball.

3. Kazuhiro

Kazuhiro New Member

So for what would you replace them?
    -2 felicity's +2 mars?
    +-2 Amulet coin +2 Dusk?
    I need suggestion here.

4. jconti2818

jconti2818 Member

Dear Kazuhiro,

You may want to use fewer Pokemon--I tried a similar version of this deck at Regionals and I got clobbered because it took too long to set up and often had energy droughts. My advice and hopefully other forum members would give you similar advice would be to find ways to make the deck run fatser.

Good luck--Palkia Level X was a fun card but it just never seemed to work for me. Welcome your advice on my Empoleon deck which I will be posting later tonight.

jconti2818

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.