• Whicker

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyrus

Iron Chef - Master Emeritus
~Metagross ex~

"Ok, sorry for this being brief, but I'm leaving in about 5 minutes. Anyways, the deck:

Vaporeon EX was a difficult card to create a deck for. I see a use oonly with it's power. Because of that, I needed a powerful attacker, which I chose to be Gyarados.

Rage of the Whirlpools

Pokemon: 20
3 Plusle (DX)
3 Eevee (DS)
3 Vappy EX (DS)
2 Pidgey
1 Pidgeotto
2 Pidgeot (FR)
3 Magikarp (FR)
3 Gyarados (FR)

Trainers: 23
4 Rare Candy
2 Rocket's Admin.
4 Prof. Cozmo's Disc.
2 Curse Powder
2 Energy Root
2 ATM Rock
3 Wally's Training
3 Ancient Tomb
3 Swoop! Teleporter

Energy: 15
7 Water
4 Scramble
4 DRE"

~Whicker~

"Pokemon (20)
4 Eevee
3 Espeon ex
2 Vaporeon ex
3 Totodile
1 Croconaw
3 Ferligatr ex
4 Plusle

Energy (16)
4 Multi Energy
3 Boost Energy
9 Water Energy

Trainers (24)
4 Professor Elm’s Training Method
3 Rare Candy
3 Steven’s Advice
4 TV Reporter
2 Copycat
1 Pokemon Retriever
3 Swoop! Teleporter
4 Island Cave

Strategy:
Use the powers of Espeon and Vaporeon to return your opponent’s big hitter to his or her hand and then shuffle that evolution back into their deck using Vaporeon’s power. Ferligatr ex should be active at this time in order to shut up off their Magcargo or Pidgeot so getting his or her lost evolution will be somewhat difficult. Plusle is there just for set up reasons and late game sniping. It is also helps Gatr ex do some more damage.
The energies should be self-explanatory. The waters are for your main attacker as well as Vaporeon in case you never need to use it. The Multi Energies will allow you to use Plusle and Espeon, and Boosts will let you use Gatr and Vaporeon’s attacks easier.
Elm’s Training Method is an obvious choice over Celio in this deck. The majority of your evolutions are exs. Island Cave helps out both Gatr and Vaporeon. The rest is pretty self-explanatory."

-Metagross ex-

Deck (3/10): The list is very inconsistent. You play Wally's, even though Wally'ing into vappy does not trigger the power, and wally forces you to promote your Pidgey/Pidgeotto to active...a BIG :nonono: face, there. Very low/inappropriate draw/search cards in general, only 7 attachable-to-basic energy, a bunch of cards that can only be used for Gyarados...You did play good tech, though, and had proper counters against Battle Frontier! =)

Creativity (1/5): Vappy ex...with a random heavy hitter that doesn't further the ingredient at all?

Card Use (2/5): Not much usage of the prompt in this deck. My opinion, but a lot more could have been done, since there really is no synergy between, well...anything.

OVERALL: 6/20

~Whicker~

Deck (8/10): Very nice list here, Whicker! However, here are just a couple of beefs that I have with it. First off, Plusle is a good way to focus this deck, but since your goal is a fast setup, a different starter (great ball?) would have sped you up...yes, I know you have the swoops for plusle to increase consistency, but still, your deck implie that, without using a cargo or pidgeot, that it aims for speedy setup. Also, Admin may have been potentially better than a couple select TV reporters. Congrats

Creativity (3/5): Simple idea, but very well-done and complex...for a simple idea. More disruption than this may have carried this deck father, but Gatr ex will certainly do.

Card Use (3/5): You do abuse Vappy ex pretty nicely, but I feel that it falls short in places. Because you have no way to "recycle" your eeveelution ability without it actually getting knocked out, the Vappy ex sticks on the board...forever, and could potentially be a huge, giant target, more than an actual disrupter. Gatr ex is a nice addition though, so good job.

OVERALL: 14/20

My vote goes to WHICKER!!!

Metagross ex:

Deck 3/10: Except for Plusle and Eevee, you've got lightning weakness all the way. Ancient Tomb is a very uncertain defense against this, and it doesn't work on ex's either. There's only Gyarados ex in FLRG, which means you have brought in DRE and Scramble.... for... Pidgeot?? At least Boost would have been more understandable... Your trainers look inconsistant for THIS deck, but in other decks it might work well ('cept for the Tombs, maybe...)

Creativity 2/5: I fail to see the magic in using Gyarados ex with Vaporeon ex.. and since no great background info is provided I have no other choice than to be a bit harsh here.

Card use 2/5: You have a solid line, but lack playable energy. I would have given you 3 for just having the deck supply Vaporeon ex with enough energy, but 7 is too little...

OVERALL 7/20

Whicker:

Deck 7/10: Going with Feraligatr ex is always fun, and you have definately made an attempt at bringing something positive out of Vaporeon ex (which IMO isn't the sharpest tool in the shed...), by combining it with Espeon ex.

Creativity 4/5: You get a a high score here, because I believe myself that in fact there aren't too many brilliant combos out there, and you found one at least.

Card use 2/5: I feel Vaporeon ex has been somewhat reduced to a supporting cast in this deck, and I also think it's extremely hard to pull off a move where you first evolve Espeon ex, then on the same turn evolve Vaporeon ex... As I said to Metagross ex, a solid line of Vaporeon ex would have given you a 3... however having only 2 Vaporeon ex makes it less significant.

OVERALL: 13/20

My vote: Whicker

Last edited:
Yeah, Vappy EX was a hard card. It just has its poke-power going for it, otherwise it sucks attack-wise. So you definately need a heavy hitter with this card to compliment it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back