T-tar prime vs Machamp LvX

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by Derniere, Mar 23, 2011.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Derniere

Derniere New Member

I was playing witha friend and the following situation happened:

I had a TTar prime and used Power Claw against a Machamp LvX, the question is, does Power Claw affect Machamp's No guard Poke Body?:confused:

Power Claw says that no effects on the defending pokemon (pbody, ppower, etc) are applyable to its damage, so IMO the additional damage does not apply to it.

Thanks for your help :)

2. poke50000

poke50000 New Member

i dont think so because it says dont apply any bodies on the defending pokemon

3. rayquaza2222

rayquaza2222 New Member

Weakness, Resistance, Poke-Powers, and Poke-Bodys don't apply

4. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

No Guard is not applied. No Guard is an effect solely on Machamp. I checked the card just to make sure as had it been an effect that was applied prior to weakness and resistance then it would have been added to power claw's damage.

The BODY is being ignored because of where the effect resides rather than which pokemon has the text for the BODY.

5. rayquaza2222

rayquaza2222 New Member

Power Claw only doesn't get effected by effects if the effect has nothing to do with stoping or changing the attack.

6. yoyofsho16

yoyofsho16 New Member

Where does it say that? It says prevent all the effects on it. Increasing 60 to yourself is an effect of a pokebody.

7. Phazon Elite

Phazon Elite New Member

I spent a few minutes staring at his post, and I think he's saying that anything that doesn't modify the damage Power Claw does will not modify the damage Power Claw does.

That, or we're being alerted that Timmy fell down the well again.

8. Box of Fail

Box of Fail New Member

Without thinking, I used Fast Wave on a Blaziken that had used Jet Shoot lol. If they increase your damage unfortunately Swift and attacks of its ilk ignore that bonus.

9. Derniere

Derniere New Member

I was right then :)

Thanks for your time, and your answers