Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

BW-on T1 130 - The 10 stadium deck (4-2 & 3-2 at battle roads)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultimatedra

List updated
Pokemon: 10
x4 Tornadus ex (DEX)
x2 Victini ex (PLS)
x4 Aerodactyl (DEX)

Trainers: 38
x1 Victory Piece

x4 N
x4 Professor Juniper
x4 Skyla

x3 Virbank City Gym
x3 Skyarrow Bridge
x4 Twist Mountain

x1 Super Rod
x2 Ultra Ball
x4 Random Receiver
x4 Hypnotoxic Laser
x4 Pokemon Catcher

Energy: 12
x4 Double Colorless Energy
x8 Fire Energy

The whole strategy is to open up turn 1 with major damage. Your mid/late game isn't any different with how fast you can get powered up with turbo energize and stack damage with Aerodactyl. And since you cannot start Aerodactyl, you will get your ideal start almost every time. Here is some T1 damage breakdowns for you:

Tornadus ex + Stadium + DCE = T1 60
Tornadus ex + Twist + Aerodactyl + DCE = T1 70
Tornadus ex + Twist + Aerodactyl + Laser + DCE = T1 80
Tornadus ex + Virbank + Laser + DCE = T1 90

Victini ex + Victory Piece = T1 50 (100 vs ex)
Victini ex + Twist + Aerodactyl + Victory Piece = T1 60 (110 vs ex)
Victini ex + Twist + Aerodactyl + Laser + Victory Piece = T1 70 (120 vs ex)
Victini ex + Virbank + Laser + Victory Piece = T1 80 (130 vs ex)

As you can see, the T1 potential is HUGE. And with Tornadus being the star and needing a stadium to open up damage possibilities T1, 10 Stadiums in the deck ensures that I am fully enabled and have control over the board - and every stadium has a purpose. Virbank for poison damage, Twist mountain for a permanent plus power, and sky arrow to get free retreat on anything.

Now here is where I talk about how it worked in a real tournament environment, testing it at a battle roads where Blastoise, Darkrai, & TDK are everywhere.

Round 1 - vs a newer player. She didn't even get to draw a prize because I kept her pokemon in check by using catcher on things she tried powering up.
Round 2 - vs TDK. The guy god hands getting Thundurus ex, 3 deoxys, blend against my tornadus T1. The guy went on to get 1st place.
Round 3 - vs Ninetales/Lasers. Got the donk. We played again, got the donk. Played the 3rd time and I won by keeping the vulpix in check.
Round 4 - vs Blastoise. Would have donked but I wiffed the stadium after starting Tornadus, DCE AND JUNIPER. Late game if I had got either an energy or one of my 3 hypnotoxic laser I would have won because he had all his energy in the discard and his blastoise only had 10 hp left. After that I only needed to keep squirtles in check and it would have been mine (no sour grapes here)
Round 5 - vs PlasmaKlang. Victini, skyla, donk.
Round 6 - vs Quad Sigilyph. Virbank + Hypnotoxic was how I won here as my only non-ex is Aerodactyl. Never got out the Aerodactyl, but I still won. Had I got the Aerodactyl the game would have gone a whole lot faster.

Thoughts? Comments?

Last edited:
The deck seems very interesting man. Seems like its working well for you. Are you gonna keep playing with it or switch up some cards to make it better somehow?

The deck seems very interesting man. Seems like its working well for you. Are you gonna keep playing with it or switch up some cards to make it better somehow?

The plan is to get 4 plus powers into the deck to increase the damage. To do that I may cut 1 twist mountain, 1 tool scrapper, & 2 colress (since I can't get a full bench when my aim is to T1 the opponent)

Definitely sounds like a fun deck, have you tried using Old Amber to get Aerodactyls out faster? I sometimes find the flip on Twist Mountain to be pretty annoying. Old Amber will be a lot better once we have Caitlin from Megalo Cannon, too.

3-4 Pluspowers is a good idea to have. Since you're going for the T1 damage, do you find you really need the Tool Scrappers or Super Rod?

List updated
Pokemon: 10
x4 Tornadus ex (DEX)
x2 Victini ex (PLS)
x4 Aerodactyl (DEX)

Trainers: 38
x1 Victory Piece

x4 N
x4 Professor Juniper
x4 Skyla

x3 Virbank City Gym
x3 Skyarrow Bridge
x4 Twist Mountain

x1 Super Rod
x2 Ultra Ball
x4 PlusPower
x4 Hypnotoxic Laser
x4 Pokemon Catcher

Energy: 12
x4 Double Colorless Energy
x8 Fire Energy

PlusPowers were added & +1 N. Took out tool scrapper & Colress (since I won't have a big bench anyway)
I like the idea of Catlin once Plasma Blast comes out.

So the above list went 3-2 at battle roads last week and 2-2 in a side tournament. Each of the games that ended in a loss was because of lack of supporters. With that here is what I am changing for tomorrow:

-4 Plus power
+4 Random Receiver

Hopefully this will make it more consistent.

I really like this deck, and I am really interested to see how well it fairs. However, as much as it pains me to say it, Plasma still pulls off the more effective donk because Deoxys EX is more accessible than Aerodactyl, and Colress Machine allows for powering up quickly. Plus, it doesn't stall late game.
If you're doing this to be rogue, or because of financial restrictions, then go for it. If you're doing it because you think it's the most efficient way to donk, then I urge you to reconsider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back