tA Garden City MI CC Report

Discussion in 'City Championships' started by TheAnswer3, Feb 24, 2004.

1. TheAnswer3

TheAnswer3 New Member

Saturday me and my brother attended the GC CC. We got there about 8:30 and met up with some people we knew. I knew what i was playing but still walked around metagaming, didnt see much that would beat me, so.

Pokemon
    4 Dunsparce
    4 Torchic
    2 Combusken
    4 Blaziken
    3 Rayquaza EX
    2 Mareep
    1 Flaffy
    2 Ampharos
    2 Skitty
    2 Delcatty
    Energy
    12 Fire
    4 Lightning
    Trainers
    4 TV
    4 Oracle
    4 POR
    4 Rare Candy
    1 Switch
    1 Town Volunteers

Standard BAR list, play started at about 10:00

Round 1 vs. Matt T, (Gardy/Wailord)
    I got out a lot faster then he did, and easily won.
    Round 2 Vs. Bonnie(Lombres w/ Bagons=/
    She had just beat Psychodad with like CRAZY flips which was amazing. So we start i start with sparce and do the usual, second turn she pulls Lombre and knocks out Sparce, i bring up Rayquaza and sit for a while but eventually get the whole setup and rip through her
    Round 3 vs. Drew Holton(Blaze/Ray)
    I knew that I had the advantage going in, it was close for a while but then i pulled ahed with 3 Blaziken Rayquaza and Amphy. He brings up a dunsparce and hits HEADS 3 TURNS in a row, to prevent retreat ,then knocks out rayquaza for the ko. I bring up Blaziken kill sparce and im down to 1 prize. He draws TV Reporter, gets Rare Candy/Blazi which ever he needed Starters to Rayquaza to win the game
    2-1=/
    Round 4- ??
    I won thats all i remember

Round 5 vs. Matt C(Blaze/Espeon)
    I had the advantage from the beggining i had the setup like third turn and it was to much

Round 6- I figure the way the software has been pairing down the entire day, that the two 5-0 players wont play and i will be able to play David M for the chance at a Tiebreak since our Tiebreaks were the same, the pairings are announced and FINALLY the 5-0 10- player is paired up with David M after playing 2-2 players in the rounds after he was 4-0. I get paired up with Matt Zettle and win, but am quite angry that the software decided to pair up then and not earlier.

So I got second, which is really the usual thing for me, my brother gets second too. We get a full box combined then draft, he drafts Rayquaza EX, Amphy EX, Cargo EX and Raichu EX which made the 15$ worth it. I get 3rd in the draft and win a few more packs.

Props and Slops:
    Props:
    To the whole PES crew for putting on another great event
    Sean Foisy and Dave Richards winning 10- and 11-14:)

Slops:
    the software, it seriously needs work.

tA