Tangrowth Deck - advice needed

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by lmc_1026, Feb 12, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lmc_1026

lmc_1026 New Member

Here is my Tangrowth Deck:

Tangrowth x 3 GE
    Tangela x 3 GE
    Treecko x 3 GE
    Grovyle x 1 GE
    Sceptile x 3 (GE x 2)(pop4 x 1)
    Celebi x 2 MT
    Togepi x 1 GE
    Togekiss x 1 GE
    Celebi* x 1 CG

Rare Candy x 3
    Celio's x 4
    Bebe's x 3
    Roesanne x 2
    Night Maint. x 2
    Rowan x 2
    Oak's Visit x 4
    Steven x 2
    Pokedex x 3

Grass x 16

Tangrowth- for second attack and minor sniping

Sceptile- for body

All advice is welcome. Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2008
  2. TODDakaESTEBAN

TODDakaESTEBAN New Member

pick either exeggutor or tangelgrowth and thicken the sceptile line to 3-2-3 and add rare candies maybe celebi start

i would pick tanglegrowth because i like sniping more than flipping coins, eggs just slow the deck down

i don't think birch is needed with your build steven's will be more usefull, or just max out pokedex handy910is

3. SuicidalPikachu

SuicidalPikachu New Member

you realize that Tangrowth says energy CARDS right? meaning sceppy's body wouldn't work on it, ill check to see if this is the ruling in Ask the masters, but im pretty sure it is.

4. TODDakaESTEBAN

nope it was mistranslated same as eggs

5. SuicidalPikachu

has there been an eratta to it? if not it wont work until there is. and where do yo find Egg's eratta

6. TODDakaESTEBAN

no erratta but magic umbreon has a thread in which all the mistranslations he's come across are presented to the public in hopes of having the cards do what they are supposed to for states

eggs is the same mistranslation, it sais energy cards, because of mistranslation, but in japan they are allowed to combo sceptiles body with both eggs and tanglegrowth, the word basic energy CARD has been mistakenly added to several cards, more than likely because up until now the amount of basic energy and basic energy cards could only be the same thing

7. SuicidalPikachu

well the fact is, until there is an official eratta, you have to follow the cards by what they say, energy cards.

8. lmc_1026

lmc_1026 New Member

Oh, I had no clue...in that case, should I make my deck a heal deck? O.K., modifying list now.

Hope that eratta comes, or my deck will stink.

9. TODDakaESTEBAN

me too, i forgot to mention celebi* it's prob kind of hard to find since stars are valuable even if they stink, but you only need it if they eratta the card in time for states

if they don't errata the card play it with togekiss and maybe still celebi* instead of sceptile, i don't think it will do good at a tourney without the errata , and sceptile is a little vulnerable to lati-lock but if you can snipe them out you have a decent chance

try fitting in a switcher maybe take bebe's out idk those are just my thoughts

10. Ardoptres

Ardoptres New Member

You need Sceptile P4. It's power is amazing with Celebi* CG, which you should also add.

11. TODDakaESTEBAN

yeah if they erratta the sceptile, the pop4 one would be a pretty good tech, if this card get's errat'd in time i might think about playing this for 1 states since it's so COOL, i don't even care about losing to all the magmorter decks, there were only a couple in my meta anyway, they happened to do well but water is going to be a new element at states anyway

12. lmc_1026

lmc_1026 New Member

Ya...luckily, in my metagame, GG is running rampant. Against this though, it shouldn't do too well. Again, I'm modifying list now.

Mwahaha........Celebi* is a really good sniper, but if I move all energy to a 60 HP basic...well...it won't be pretty.

Oh, and as sceppy's power isn't stackable, should i thin the line?

13. Bug Boy

Bug Boy New Member

Wow. I like the deck.

Oh, by the way, the eratta has come, so the deck is awesome-er-ish...whatever.I might play it, cause it looks so fun.

The eratta states that, on tangrowth's first attack, it's "energy from basic energy cards", not "basic energy cards."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.