Tauros won me $1000? Almost a three week late report!

Discussion in 'Regional Championships' started by GinoLombardi21, Apr 30, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. GinoLombardi21

GinoLombardi21 New Member

Why did I go to FL?: I went to FL regionals because I'm on school vacation until april 20th. I originally was going to Marco Island which is 15 minutes away from Naples on the 10th to visit my grandparents. Since regionals was on the 12th I had to reschedule my flight for the 11th and go to orlando regionals to make up tons of rating points I missed earlier this season. Between the hotel, taxi, and flight from Orlando to Ft. Myers I kept this regionals trip under $210.

Friday: I arrive at the hotel for 2pm. I check in and grab something to eat from subway and head up to my room and call up some friends from the north-east. After Im done talkin I hit up the pool which I was at for at least an hour. By 5/6 pm omar calls me and tells me to come downstairs to meet Miami Mike, Psycho, anthony, and some other flunkie. I meet em, pound hands, and playtest Gorebyss / Banette against Empoleon for fun. Of course BanByss loses 0-2. After this is over its like 8 at night so I run to a store and grab a gatorade and a pop tart for the morning. I make some final phone calls to people from NE and then end up sleeping at 10. I went to bed really early because when im tired I tend to play tons of misplays and I had a feeling I would be playing late at night for top cut. I come prepared!

Saturday: I wake up around 8:40 and grab my gatorade which is frozen due to the freezer I put it in which I thought was a refrigerator. I also eat the frozen BRICK strawberry pop tart which I almost choke on. Anyway I shower and get fresh for regionals. I go downstairs and unsleeve my deck into weavile sleeves which later on I would be missing one of. I ask heidi for sleeves and she hooks me up. Then I decided to donate a Delcatty ex to the raffle for her being so cool about it or to me in general. Gotta love my accent Heidi! *from one north-easterner to another* Anway I end up bothering Heidi between each round because my sleeves kept tearing a little. Enough play by plays of my day lets get into some POKEMON CARDS!

Round 1 - IDK (Sceptile/Tangrowth)
    I setup beautifully and just walk through this deck with gallade.
    1-0

Round 2 - Joker (Banette)
    I start with tauros and im a little dissapointed that I had to start with him because he could become a factor for discarding crystal beaches. Although im glad I play 3 stadiums now. He accensions early game and takes about a minute and a half so im alittle worried that he might slow play me. Anyway I get a horrible setup but like I Rare Candy into a Gallade and Scramble it then Wager him praying for a stadium to ditch his crystal beach. I win the wager and get 2 stadiums in hand. He didnt have a shuppet on the bench so now he has to sack things. I coulda get a gardy lv.x out because my hand was horrific. Long story short I get setup and he has 2 prizes and I have 3. Times called and I lose. I was gonna bring down his shuppet on bench, And sweep the rest of the match with breeloom but o well.
    1-1

Round 3 - IDK how did I forget your name? (Golduck/Xatu)
    He starts with psyduck but has a horrible hand and confuses my baltoy. My hands pretty bad but all I needed was a claydoll, gardy, celios, or bebes to easily get going. I had baltoy active, ralts bench, a candy, stadium in play, scramble, and 2 energy in my hand. I drew and free retreated baltoy for ralts seeing my baltoy = Psychic type. and then I put it to sleep. He draws and plays natu bench and passes. I drew bebes and grabbed gardy and attached a P to him. He goes and windstorms my stadium and roseannes for 2 bench and passes. I copy his roseannes for pachy and energy and retreat gardy for pachy and grab 3 bench. He plays claydoll and evos to golduck and does 60 to pachy. I copied his PETM and was awaiting my Unstopable setup with endless scramble energy to walkthrough this deck for the remainder of the game. This guy was probably the funnest opponent I have ever faced. His wife loves Kevin Garnett so like yeah do the math. *I wore a KG jersey this day* XD
    2-1

Round 4- IDK (GG/Dusknoir)
    We both get setup but he plays a gallade on a kirlia when he should have put a gardevoir on it. I capitilize on his misplay and proceed to sweep my last prizes. This guy was a cool sport about everything and he usually top cuts so I guess today it wasnt his day.
    3-1

Round 5 - IDK (Honchkrow)
    Yeah I start with pachirisu. Im first. My hands psychic energy, cyclone energy, shroomish, celios, bebes, rare candy, and claydoll. I didnt play shroomish on the bench because their was a chance he would discard it with absol. I called for family on 1 ralts and 2 baltoys. He bawful winds my shroomish. I planned that out!!! I then played claydoll on the baltoy and celios for the other claydoll and just got way to setup against his deck. He plays moonlight stadium himself. So I just night maintenced my shroomish back into my deck and got breeloom out and swarmed with gallades and breelooms to sweep this game without him drawing a prize.
    4-1

Round 6 - Zach Fisher (Garchomp/Weavile/Claydoll)
    He doesnt get much setup and when you give my deck enough time to build up options the result wont be pretty. I built up gallades and my tech breeloom destroyed his deck seeing weavile and garchomp have free retreat. Not to mention he only plays 1 fire energy which he never got on garchomp due to my wagers!
    5-1

Round 7 - Richard Forest (Empoleon/Techs)
    I just focused on gardy and gallades this game and swept his deck. I think he drew like one prize. I didn't mind facing him but I guess seeing he knew the game was over he was looking at other matches to the left and right of him which later in the game he complained because he didnt see what I picked for my RPS cards. It wasnt really a big deal but other then that it was fun.
    6-1

Top 16 - Miranda Craig (Infernape)

Both game 1 and game 2 I didn't get a supporter till literially turn 8 and couldnt believe I still was in the game. I sacked Pachys before I got going. When I started to get setup both games she had already drawn three prizes so literially every scramble I had was used. Both games she brung it to 1 prize but both games I had huge comebacks and won with bringdown. Breeloom also was a key factor in both games. It ohkoed apes.
    7-1

Top 8 - Dustin IDK (Skittles)

G1 - I get my setup which was wicked slow but was a turn faster then he got setup so I took this game.

G2 - He got setup and just recked me but it was very close

G3 - I had 1 prize left and didn't have a strong attacker to seal the game. I focused on 2 gallades to try and snag my last prize. He had 2 prizes left but when everything on his bench had 50-60 hp it was only a matter of time which I eventually capitilized on.
    8-1

Top 4 - Greg IDK (GaG-Poleon)

G1- He had 2 prizes left and was misplaying like crazy due to it being 2am and that cost him the game. I feed off of misplays!!!

G2- I start with tauros and he is first. He draws, pecks and passes. My turn I play my supporter and grab two bench. He then draws and pecks. I see this oppertunity of his bad hand and attack with Tauros. Yeah tauros has a second attack and it does 20! He draws and pecks and Passes! TAUROS 20!!! He plays bench, peck, pass. TAUROS 20 DMG! KO!! He pecks and passes. I retreat bring up gallade and end it. I WON $1000 because of TAUROS!!!!
    9-1

Finals - Eric Craig (PloxTech)
    Before I play this game Miami Mike tells me im the 1st person to ever get past top 16 in a florida event. Let alone in the finals or even take any type of prizes outside of florida. Anyway looks like I made some history. :cool:

G1- Finally I have 2 claydolls in my hand, pachy start, rare candy and dre. I CFF and 2 baltoys and 1 shroomish is prized. My luck was so bad through top 16 that getting this far wasnt really anything to complain about. So I get 4 ralts out and try to fight him but he fights back with a pyslock of his own and seals the game

G2- He uses jirachi ex on me. Im alittle mad because I dont play stevens advice so when you shut off my claydoll and gardy my only draw is really wager lol. I just gallade his jirachi and then he night maintences it and jirachi's again. I ko that two and try to snag out my last two prizes but his No-Power lock crippled my setup and forced me to topdeck which I couldnt finish. Great games played in this finals. Props to craig! After this we took some pictures, shook hands, and just ended the MORNING on a good note.
    9-2

Props

Edwin & Christian for playing a version of the deck at regionals
    Muk Man for mentioning breloom and me for finding a sick way to play it with.
    Im the TECH MASTAAAAAA!!!
    That $1000 scholarship which is gonna help pay for a semester of my college which cost 18 LARGE!
    My stunna shades
    Everybody from the North-East + New England
    The Heidi family for being awsome
    Various FL judges for being pretty cool about everything (lots of Really good JUDGES)
    Zach
    Larry who I met at Hawaii but couldnt remember
    If I forget anything or anyone my bad

Slops

The hotel for putting they have a jacuzzi on their website. When I get their it never existed!!!
    Late top cut!!

Due to GaG having its reign Battle Roads through Regionals I think the deck is done.
    The Decklist:

~ Gino

Last edited: Jul 1, 2008
  2. deckmaster

deckmaster Active Member

That's my boy! Go Gino! Go Gino! Do your dance:lol: Great job bro $1000 bucks makes the trip to FL worth it.

BTW add spartanclone001 on xbox live. :thumb:

3. Flygon999

Flygon999 New Member

Do the Tauros dance!!! *Does the Tauros dance*
    Did you bring a real bull saying "FEAR My Tauros"!!!!!!!!!

4. deckmaster

deckmaster Active Member

I'm doing the Tauros dance right now:smile:

Want to see it?click below:lol:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=k6ccjD_hfSk

Last edited: Apr 30, 2008
  5. Rai

Rai <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

...1-1 Breloom...
    Now THAT is a cool tech. Swinging Infernape around of all matchups... Wow.

6. Jason

Jason New Member

*steal decklist*

Very nice, very nice, what an interesting report read, Gino.

Congrats on your placing and hope to see each other again in Orlando, G-dog.

~Jason.

7. Magic_Umbreon

Magic_Umbreon Researching Tower Scientist, Retired

Great deck, great gameplay, great report. You rock!

8. Jaeger

Jaeger New Member

Concrats Dude

9. KingOfKings715

KingOfKings715 New Member

wow was the list lame lolz It was as bad as the New England Patriots, always losing in the end rofl nice job, this year at nats we will focus more on testing then Gianna rofl well we will try but yea it will be hard too lmao

10. Brawler

Brawler <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

Lol!

Lol.Sigged.:lol::lol::lol:

11. Papi/Manny

Papi/Manny New Member

Tech Master until BRs.

12. Chromecatz

Chromecatz New Member

Gj on beating me with tauros gino =P

13. Serebii1997J

Serebii1997J New Member

Hey, sweet 2nd place victory. Way to represent the North East. Props from me!

14. yoyofsho16

yoyofsho16 New Member

WOW i just realized you dont use dusknoir! good job, dude!

15. Umbreon777

Umbreon777 New Member

Congrats on doing good in FL, its so hard. Eric Craig is a beast. (*cough* beat him in Miami cities though *cough*)

16. deckmaster

deckmaster Active Member

Gino- tech master for life baby.

17. Good job gino

BTW, eric wasnt playing plox with techs it was gardylade w/ techs that just happened to always use gardy...

18. FriedBlaziken

FriedBlaziken New Member

lollol nice tauros..

19. GinoLombardi21

GinoLombardi21 New Member

Sorry I havent replied on my own thread ive been madd busy lately. Anyway right here are sum replies!

DeckMaster- Thanks for the props kid and I sold my 360 and games so I cant add you. No time fo video games :(

Flygon999- Tauros dance? Whatever that is I didnt do it. I also didnt bring a bull saying fear my tauros. :lol:

Rai- Yeah breeloom was a good tech who I gotta give my boy VA aka Muk Man madd props for hooking me up with the idea.

Jason- You can take the decklist but when MD comes out its really not good anymore imo.

Magic_Umbreon- I know I rock!

Jaeger- Looking forward to seeing you at nats & worlds again.

KingofKings- Edwin its madd weird that you type online and aim just the exact way how you talk in real life. Your all ova the place kid.

Papi/Manny- Or until I quit.

Chromecatz- No problem. Funniest way to win a thousand dollarz!:tongue:

Serebii1997J- Thanks for the props. GL at brs.

yoyofsho16- Yeah I played him at NY and wanted something faster and easier to help with more matches especially banette so I chose em.

Umbreon777- Yeah craig is madd smart. His deck was so consistant and versitile when I played em. Mine was doo-doo so he walked all over my deck.

Xtreme Pillow Fighter- Yeah my bad I cant memorize all these deck names ppl call a deck. If I c gardy and gallades ima call it GaG or GG. PLOX I have no idea where that name came from.

20. SPARTA

SPARTA New Member

Plox came from Psychic (P) Lock (Lox), aka Plox. For best results do not break (as we saw in the game where you murdered Rich lol).
    GJ on bieng the only person to sucessfully invade FL.