Team 2's Light Pokémon

Discussion in 'Create-A-Card' started by Charizardian, Oct 9, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Charizardian

Charizardian New Member

Alright fakers, your next challenge is to create a Final Evolution Light Pokémon.

Name: 5 Points
    This needs no explanation.

HP: 3 Points
    Don't make it too low or too high.

Picture: 7 points
    Remember to be descriptive!

Type: 5 points
    A note for this round: The Pokémon you make must be type oriented (i.e. Brawly must get a fighting Pokémon).

Weakness/Resistance/Retreat Cost: 9 Points
    Be sure to give the cards a proper weakness, resistance, and retreat cost.

Poké-Power/Body and Attacks: 50 Points
    Be sure to use é, originality, and good grammar.

Rarity, Flavor Text, and Level: 5 Points
    Don't froget these!

Explanations: 8 Points
    Tell me why you gave them attacks/powers/bodies like you did, and why you gave them the certain amount of HP, Retreat cost, and the weakness/resistance.

Strategy:8 Points
    Don't make cards that can't combo with anything!

Total: 100 Points

And now, the restrictions for this round:
    No Pokémon ex or LV X Pokémon
    No fake card mehcanics (Such as Ultima Type)
    No dual types.
    No basics (duh).

Deadline is next Sunday, 1PM ET.

2. ensignmerlin

ensignmerlin New Member

Light Raichu 90HP [L]

Stage 1 Pokémon(Evolves from Pikachu)

Picture: http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d190/kazerima/raichu.jpg
    based on- http://www.suta-raito.com/images2/Raichu.gif

PokePower: Spark of Life.
    Once during your turn, before you attack, you may discard Light Raichu from play. If you do, search your discard pile for a Pokémon you find there and put it onto your bench. Treat that card as if it were a Basic Pokémon. If that card's maximum HP is greater than Light Raichu's remaining HP at the activation of this power, reduce its remaining HP to Light Raichu's (before discarding). The PokéPower can't be used if Light Raichu is affected by a special condition. You can't use more than 1 Spark of Life PokéPower per turn.

[L][L][L] Bolt of Judgment 100
    This attack does nothing if the Defending Pokémon does not have Dark, Rocket's, or Galactic's in its name.
    Holo
    Flavor Text: When a person or Pokémon dies, a residual amount of electrical energy still remains. If the heart can be restarted with an electrical shock then it may be possible to return them to life...

Explanation:

Health-
    the highest HP a raichu has ever had is 90, and that was back during the Fossil sets. I thought it would be a good amount considering most today have around 70-80HP.

Weakness- standard for a non-evolving stage 1.
    Resistance- standard for non-evolving stage 1.
    Retreat Cost- although [C] is a little low, Raichu is a relatively fast Pokémon and [C][C] would be too high for a card that can't even attack in the current format.

PokéPower-
    Something somewhat useful with a healing flair. most Light Pokémon weren't incredible game breaking cards but had some unique effects. I wanted an effect that could bring back evolved Pokés to the bench but at a severe disadvantage. The multiple costs prevent it from being broken, though I doubt it would be anyway... I was originally going to make it only work of [L] and [M] (electrical recharging and robots/magnets) I decided it would be too much of a restriction.

Attack-
    It's very powerful but can only be used in certain rare situations. In the event a Team Galactic set is made in the future (DP5?) it could be incredibly useful though for now it would be seldom used. Most powerful Light attacks were specifically designed against dark Pokémon or rocket's and etc.

Strategy:
    Could be added to decks with high stage Pokémon with low cost attacks such as Meganium MT or various Jumpluffs of past sets. The effect can even be applied to EX or Lv.X Pokémon, though I can't think of any you would want to use it with. May work well with Infernape/Delcatty decks to revive Infernape at near full health and be primed for attacking right away. Other combos include Bebe's search. A discarded Blastoise EX used for the cost can be revived by
    Raichu's Power and pump up a poké just brought in by Bebe. The attack will mostly go unused, but with the risk of even further lowering the revived Pokémon's strength you would hardly want to risk him in battle.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2007
  3. Professor Sycamore

Professor Sycamore New Member

hello my new teammates i'm new here so don't hurt me.

Light Magnezone LV. 50 150HP:metal:
    Stage 2 Pokémon. Evolves from Light Magneton.

Picture: Its noon, the sun is shining bright, and not a cloud is in the sky in the park. Magnezone is in the middle of picture in joyful bliss, surrounded by varies magnemites and magnetons, also in bliss. At the bottom of the picture you see Scott, Sabrina, Prima a Meditite and a Medicham sitting Indian-style in the grass, meditating.

:pbody: Good Vibrations
    All of your non-[D] Pokémon, excluding Pokémon with dark or owner's in its name, in play are treated as if they have "Light" in their name.

:metal::metal: Spread the Love 20+
    This attack does 20 plus 10 more damage for each Pokémon you have in play with "Light" in their name. Then, remove 2 damage counters from each of your Pokémon with "Light" in their name.

W::fire:+30
    R::psychic:-20
    RC::colorless:colorless:colorless:colorless
    Rare Holo
    Despite being easy to find, it is hard to catch because the waves it produce takes the spirit out of trainers. Magnezone does this by emitting magnetic waves that causes uphoria and bliss in Pokémon and humans alike.

Explanation: I made this card's attack and poke-body to give lights the power thay need to survive in this world where dark is in.Also I'm feeling love for Magnezone because it got me 2 second place finishes in BRs (and hopefully a first place finish this Sat.) The HP is this high because this a stage 2 Light metal-type Pokémon. The Weakness, Resistance, and Retreat Cost are Standard for Metal-type Pokémon.

Strategy: You can use this card as the muscle for a "Light" decks or a tech to support trainers/supporter/stadiums and other cards for "Light" Pokémon.

4. shiftrymaster68

shiftrymaster68 Active Member

There are many things wrong with your card, deredd, but I'll get to them later.

Light Lucario Lv. 41
    Stage 1 [F] Pokémon
    Evolves from Riolu
    100 HP

[Picture]: A Lucario is leaping off of the ground and looking forward into the sky. A white-light aura is surrounding it, and traces of the aura can be seen behind it. The sky is clear except a small cloud or two in the background. The whole sky is holo, and the white aura is too. The Lucario's eyes are squinted.

(Poké-BODY) - Luminescent Aura
    As long as Lucario is your Active Pokémon, remove 1 damage counter from each of your Pokémon with Light in its name at the end of each of your turns.

[F][C] Shine Blitz 80
    If you don't have at least 2 Pokémon on your Bench with Light in its name, this attack does nothing. Discard 2 Energy attached to your Pokémon with Light in its name in any combination you like.

Flavor Text: Light Lucario have an intensely bright aura about them. When Lucario witnesses evil, the aura glows a bright white-red.

Weakness [P]+30
    Resistance
    Retreat Cost[C]
    Rarity: Rare Holo

Explanation: Lucario is generally revered as a "good" Pokemon (as opposed to evil), so I figured, why not make it a Light Pokemon? The HP, Resistance, Retreat, Level, and Rarity are standard. The HP was a bit high, so I bumped up his Weakness to [P] as well. His abilities are based on aura and shooting aura blasts, which is Lucario's "signature".

Comboes: He works great with other Light Pokemon, as is obvious from his attack. He's both a team player and a team leader. He can work with a Speed version of himself, he can work with Pokemon that allow extra attachments each turn, he can stall well, and he can fight blazingly fast if you need him to as well. T2 Shine Blitz can be brutal, but it's relatively difficult to do. A Light Lucario swarm would work well, and hen can work similar to Infernape when paired with Delcatty, except arguably faster, though with not as much late game power.

I'll fix it up later.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2007
  5. The_Lorax

The_Lorax New Member

Light Togekiss
    Lv 52 Stage Two [C] Type
    Evoles from Light Togetic
    120 Hp

Its a picture of a Togekiss flying high in the sky
    Togekiss is seen from mostly below, flying just below a cloud
    A small group of Togetic can be seen trailing just behind it

Poke-Body Angels Grace
    When ever Light Togekiss is your active pokemon and is damaged by an attack, remove one damage counter from all your benched Pokemon with Light in their names

[C] Gentle Wind 50
    If the defending pokemon would be knocked out by this attack, it is not knocked out and has 10 hp remaining instead

[C][C][C] Sky-High Flight 70
    Before doing damage, remove 2 damage counters from all pokemon in play

Weakness [L] +30
    Resistance [F] -20
    Retreat Cost [C][C]

Flavor Text
    \"A pokemon that can sometimes be seen flying high in the sky, singing happily. It is said that treating it with kindness will bring happiness\"

Explanation: I really like Togekiss
    Its a pokemon that looks like an angel, so what pokemon could be more fitting as a light pokemon?

The body is because Togekiss is an \"angel\" pokemon, and thus takes care of others even while it suffers

The first attack is there for a general first attack
    I wanted an attack that could so a high amount of damage to put pressure on my opponent, but nothing that could go for the T1 rare candy donk
    Thus i created an attack that cannot be used to do that

The second follows the same concept of healing, except that you also heal the defending pokemon before dealing damage
    Meaning it effectively deals 50 damage once they have been hit
    This card would also take a little bit of strategy, since some decks could just keep retreating and getting healed against you

The weakness and resistance are standard

The retreat cost is two because with one retreat, you could just keep easily swapping between two Light Togekiss who keep effectively healing each other for 30 every time (20 from the attack, and 10 from the body)
    This makes it a little harder to make Light Togekiss broken

6. Blaziken 1111

Blaziken 1111 Active Member

Light Blissey
    Stage 1 Pokémon [C]
    120 HP
    Evolves from Light Chansey
    Lv. 51

Picture: Light Blissey in in the middle of a field sticking a bandaid to the forhead of a muchlax sitting down crying. There is a Nurse Joy standing next to the pokémon center in the backround.

Poképower: Blissful Light
    Once during you turn you may discard up to 2 basic energy from your hand. For each basic energy you discarded remove 3 damage counters from 1 one of your pokémon with Blissey or Light in it’s name. You can’t use this power if Light Blissey is affected by any condition.

[.] Blissful Rebirth: Discard all of the basic energy attached to one of your pokemon and then put that pokémon and all cards attached to it into your hand. Then if your bench isn’t full then you may place one of your basic pokémon from your hand and put in onto your bench.

Flavor text: Blissey can heal any pokemon. Blissey’s eggs can be made in to remedies to cure any sickness.

Weakness:[F] +30
    Resistance: none
    Retreat: [C][C][C]

Explanation:
    HP: 120 is a lot for a stage 1 but it is about average for a blissey
    Power: It works so you can heal some of you Blisseys and light pokémon for the cost of basic energy
    Attack: It’s attack is used so your opponent won’t draw prizes.
    Weakness: Most normal types have fighting weakness and most stage 1 pokémon with a lot of HP have +30 weakness
    Resistance: Normal types have no resistance
    Retreat: Blissey is a very heavy and slow Pokémon
    Stratagy: Over all Blissey combos light pokemon for healing and also MT blissey. It discards basic energy and it’s a potion and SSU at the same time.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2007
  7. shiftrymaster68

Blissey MT has 130 HP. 140 would be the minumum I'd be expecting for a LIGHT Blissey. Blissful Rebirth is underbroken, it should be [C] or [.]. The Body is very costly, and only for healing. Try to make it something that is actually decent.

And Lorax, as far as I'm aware, you're not even on this team, let alone this game. I'm going to have to ask you to delete your post.

8. Blaziken 1111

9. shiftrymaster68

Okay, wow, now it's the most broken Pokemon EVER. It'll never die unless a Cessation Crystal sticks, and it gets +50 damage out of the discard every turn in BlissCat. 2 Energy's alright, but that might even be pushing it. Just try to think, "What would this do teched into BlissVire or BlissCat?". The answer to that question with your card the way it is now is, "Completely break the deck and make it have an autowin against everything in the format besides the mirror.".

10. Blaziken 1111

Maybe should I take the second attack out.

11. ensignmerlin

ensignmerlin New Member

any criticism for my card?