3 Steven
1 Warp Point
3 Holon Fossil

Energy: 15
8 Fighting
2 Psychic
4 Multi
1 DRE

Strategy: Use Lucario to spread damage, and Zapdos / Bronzong /Aerodactyl make the damage spread easier to accomplish.

its ok. u want furret for exact cards because many diff lines? or maybe furret? ive seen decks like these except lucario and they need claydol or furret to get the setup.

i tried this deck out with claydol instead of zapdos and bronzong this weekend at a battle roads, and in all my games that my oppenent didnt have powers, i lost.
it did really good against electivire and suprisingly empoleon

yeah, but it still would've desroyed it without weakness.
also, i ran a 1-1-1 kabutops line in mine. the kabuto is amazing in searching out the old amber, and kabutops is pretty good.

How do you power Zapdos quickly? I would think the total difference in energy needed for Lucario and Zapdos could be a problem.

How do you power Zapdos quickly? I would think the total difference in energy needed for Lucario and Zapdos could be a problem.

Look at the list of energies in the deck. There is no way :lightning:lightning:colorless can be paid for on Zapdos. I don't like the inconsistency, particularly with quick ball. What do you do about Gardevoir's psychic lock? It looks rather cool in other matchups though.

Prime: Zapdos doesn't attack, its not meant to.
and Just so people know, this has been tested, not just randomly posted .
I will post the record of this vs "notable" decks, since people most likely won't care about rogue matchups, when I get home and can get on my computer where I have the records stored.

Plox is obv the worst matchup, however its not an autoloss and is being worked on as I type this =D

NOTE: The QuickBall may be changed to Master Ball at the players' concession, just depends on your playing style.

if u have to attack woth zapdos on a deck then u will lose majority of your games I promise.The deck dosent need Furret,it just needs a better matchup against PLOX.

Magic Umbreon I think that 4-2-2-1-1-1-1-2-1 deck in your sig is so bad. Lolz

Hmm. Once again, i am very skeptic vs. Absol Ex, but that's just me.

If you can find the room, may i suggest a 1-0-1 line of Ampharos SW? Hit them even harder if they play Supporters

Plox is the GG reverse deck, basically its GG which is Gardevoir heavy and not Gallade heavy. You use the Gardevoir to Power Lock every turn to try to shut down your opponent.

~Duke

glaceon lvl x would give you as much trouble as plox.
4 zapdos and 4 SSUs, 8 cards out of your deck, for pokemon who can't attack?

look at the A2Z deck i posted a couple of days ago for a zapdos alternative

I find Lucario's low HP, combined with the need for FF to attack and the very low damage output to be an option. How does the deck recover from quick OHKOs when the deck itself can normally never OHKO back? At least empoleon has a nice attack that can do up to 100, and thus make a 2HKO possible, whereas Lucario needs the lvl X to do the same, has bad weakness, FF compared to WC attack, and yatta yatta.

I don't think Lucario can hold its own right now. 90hp and a 40 damage attack? The lvl X isn't even that great and doesn't help at all vs GG, not to mention warp point and cyclone shut it down and make it useless.

There's no real setup help here, either. No phione or claydol or anything. Only 6 draw cards. What happens when you get wagered or something? THis deck seems to lack any kind of recover ability- which I would think it needs being stage 1s with low HP.

glaceon lvl x would give you as much trouble as plox.

I disgaree. 100 is a much easier damage boundary to reach with Lucario. You have aura sphere/Absol ex + Close Combat as a simple OHKO regardless of whether you get stance or not. They are spending a lot of resources on getting it out, considering the limited line of using a LvX. They can only play 4 Eevees, so every Eeveelution gone is a big advantage. Glaceon or its LvX cannot OHKO, but #5 is as dangerous as the LvX because of Speed Slide.

Eevee is very vulnerable to an early game Lucario.

That's why it is nowhere near as much trouble as Plox. If anything, it could be an advantageous matchup. I trust MadHatter's testing though. All the best in your deck's development. Rogue = best.

yea...jayson told me about this....and it looks amazing. Does it work well without claydol though? in my oppinion...it's either aeroactyl or claydol.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

ok....so I tested this at a battle roads....and I just do not like bronzong...I never wanted to attack with him. However....I loved the lucario/absol EX. Might expand on that. went 2-2 btw...it was really bad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back