Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Team MGM at states (NV)

z-man

Ok... first of all, if you are wondering, team MGM is just DukeFireBird, my brother, and me. I'm going to try to do a report for the entire team. I am a senior, my brother is a junior, and DukeFireBird is a good judge. I played G&G, my brother played magmortar/blaziken/delcatty, and DukeFireBird played... well... he judged.`

Round 1 for me: (G&G vs exploud)
The game was even the whole way through. Eventually, I ended up koing a bunch of his mawile GEs. Eventually, it was me with 2 face up prizes, 1 powered up grumpig, and 1 powered up Gardevoir X vs his 4 prizes, and his powered up exploud. I eventually won by time :p
1-0

Round 1 for my brother: (MBD vs exploud lol)
He won't tell me much about the game, but he said that he "shut them down" the whole game.
1-0

Round 2 for me (G&G vs ???)
I crushed a lone octillery with a pachirisu and my turn 3 gardevoir.
2-0

Round 2 for my brother: (MBD vs ???)
He doesn't want to tell me what happened.
2-0

Round 3 for me: (G&G vs roserade/execcutor/furret/more)
I was in control of the game the whole game. There wasn't much he could do about the game.
3-0

Round 3 for my brother: (MBD vs ???)
He still doesn't want to tell me what happened, but its cool telling you this to waste your time. :p
3-0

Round 4 for me: (G&G vs magmortar/typhlosion/delcatty)
The game was even until the last few turns. At the end, he had no good attackers, against my 1 lonely gardevoir X.
4-0

Round 4 for my brother: (MBD vs G&G)
He lost.
3-1

Both my brother and I made it to finals :D

Top 2 for me: (G&G vs magmortar/typhlosion/delcatty)

Game 1:
I got a good set up, and he didn't. GG 5-0

Game 2:
Close game, but I ended up coming on top. 6-0

Top 2 for my brother: (MBD vs G&G)
He still isn't telling me what happened, but I know he lost. 3-3

Props:
  • winning
  • my bro for doing his best, and coming in second
  • DukeFireBird for being a good judge
  • Madhatter for becoming a judge
  • Karl for finding us a GREAT location
  • The comic store for being great
  • getting to waste your time with a boring old tournament report

Slops:
  • losing wager A LOT
  • not going first when I wanted to
  • losing Wager A LOT
  • having to wait during the lunch break
  • losing wager TOO MANY TIMES
  • not being able to win wager :p

Thanks guys. Madhatter, maybe you should teach me to play wager better. Maybe some of my "heads luck" will pass on to you. lol

I'm such a noob...*looks at siggy again* :lol: what's MBD? It's probably something I know of...

Good job on winning! I got 5th at lousiana states today =/ not too bad 2-2 losing twice to G&G

MBD is magmortar/blaziken/delcatty... I just typed it like that, so I wouldn't waste a lot of my time writing this report. Congrats on doing well at lousiana... GG is still just as powerful as it was in cities. :(

great job z-man!!!

1 win and 1 2nd, not bad for us

lets all take home 1 from CA!!!

ill ttyl
~Duke

Back