Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

BW-on Team Plasma Rules!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricDent

This is my "serious" deck, and so far it's only lost 1 game due to a rather bad draw.
Though I haven't really tried it in a tournament.

The only thing it might need is a bit more attack power.
Maybe switch out the Koffing/Weezing for Eevee/Espeon (Plasma)?

Pokemon

4 Koffing (Tackle/Double Spin)
4 Weezing (Aftermath/Smogbank)
4 Absol (Mind Jack/Fearsome Shadow)
1 Mewtwo EX (X Ball/Psydrive)
1 Darkrai EX (Dark Cloak/Night Spear)
1 Deoxys EX (Power Connect/Helix Force)

Trainers

3 Colress Machine
3 Team Plasma Ball
3 Professor Juniper
3 N
3 Shadow Triad
3 Team Plasma Grunt
3 Colress
4 Rocky Helmet
1 Rock Guard ACE SPEC
3 Hypnotoxic Laser
2 Tool Scrapper
2 Frozen City

Energy

3 Plasma Energy
5 Dark
5 Psychic

Strategy: This deck works if they have either a low bench count or a high bench count.
If it's low then Weezing could KO several Pokemon over time, if it's high then Absol Mind Jacks them to KO.

Suggestions are welcome.
Like I said, this deck sometimes takes a while to deal serious damage in the case of Weezing.
So I was considering taking it out & putting in Espeon.

I don't really want to spend any more $ on cards currently, so buying tins for more Deoxys is out.

run dowsing or something instead of rock guard. it can just get scrapped off. yeah you should probably run something other than weezing.

Updated the deck a bit.

Pokemon

4 Eevee (Signs of Evolution)
4 Leafeon (Energy Crush)
4 Absol (Mind Jack/Fearsome Shadow)
1 Mewtwo EX (X Ball/Psydrive)
1 Darkrai EX (Dark Cloak/Night Spear)
1 Deoxys EX (Power Connect/Helix Force)

Trainers

3 Colress Machine
3 Team Plasma Ball
3 Professor Juniper
3 N
2 Professor's Letter
3 Team Plasma Grunt
3 Colress
4 Muscle Band
1 Rock Guard ACE SPEC
3 Hypnotoxic Laser
2 Tool Scrapper
2 Frozen City

Energy

3 Plasma Energy
5 Dark
5 Psychic

Strategy: Either Absol or Leafeon as main attackers.
With Muscle Band & Deoyxs adding 30 to attacks.
This seems a bit more consistent as far as damage goes.
Haven't tried it out yet though.
BTW I guess the previous list had 61 cards...

Suggestions are welcome.

When it had Weezing, it held off some rather decent decks.

Blastoise, Cobelion, and even a Plasma deck.

Absol hits for at least 60-120 against most decks (people love loading up the bench).
Since there's lots of Energy in play, Leafeon would do some major damage for just one energy.

That's before Deoxys or Muscle Band comes into play.

If you say they are weak, then why not suggest something else?

When it had Weezing, it held off some rather decent decks.

Blastoise, Cobelion, and even a Plasma deck.

Absol hits for at least 60-120 against most decks (people love loading up the bench).
Since there's lots of Energy in play, Leafeon would do some major damage for just one energy.

That's before Deoxys or Muscle Band comes into play.

If you say they are weak, then why not suggest something else?

Raichu. You can control his power apposed to your opponent.
Raichu and Leafeon would make a better pair. I understand leafeon but not at a 4-4 line because early games it's not good.

I would suggest taking out 2 Leafeon and adding 1 Umbreon and 1 Glaceon. You get maximum effectiveness for Signs of Evolution, the ability to free-retreat most/all of your team plasma pokemon, and/or bonus 20 HP to all your team plasma pokemon. If nothing else, you gained 2 cards that you can discard for an Ultra Ball or something.

My Grass Team Plasma currently runs 2 Leafeon, 1 Umbreon, 1 Glaceon but I'm changing it to 2 Glaceon, 1 Leafeon, 1 Umbreon as soon as I get a second copy, just because Glaceon is so useful.

I would suggest taking out 2 Leafeon and adding 1 Umbreon and 1 Glaceon. You get maximum effectiveness for Signs of Evolution, the ability to free-retreat most/all of your team plasma pokemon, and/or bonus 20 HP to all your team plasma pokemon. If nothing else, you gained 2 cards that you can discard for an Ultra Ball or something.

My Grass Team Plasma currently runs 2 Leafeon, 1 Umbreon, 1 Glaceon but I'm changing it to 2 Glaceon, 1 Leafeon, 1 Umbreon as soon as I get a second copy, just because Glaceon is so useful.

only good eeveelutions are flareon and leafeon, other than that everything else is quite useless

I agree that glaceon is pretty useful i ran it in a plasma deck before and it was really handy especially because all the pokemon i had, had only 2 retreat cost. however i used umbreon at one point as well and found it not to be as useful but maybe if you played it with like a giant cape or somthing with a simular effect it might prove otherwise

only good eeveelutions are flareon and leafeon, other than that everything else is quite useless

-2 retreat cost to all Team Plasma Pokemon is hardly useless. Not all pokemon in your deck are there to attack.

I agree that glaceon is pretty useful i ran it in a plasma deck before and it was really handy especially because all the pokemon i had, had only 2 retreat cost. however i used umbreon at one point as well and found it not to be as useful but maybe if you played it with like a giant cape or somthing with a simular effect it might prove otherwise

I usually end up dumping Umbreon as a cost instead of playing it, but the times I have played it, it's allowed my pokemon to surive an attack from Yveltal or Mewtwo that my opponent was expecting to OHKO and it's forced my opponent to put more energy on their Yveltal/Mewtwo causing them to lose more when I KO their pokemon. It's not the most useful, but it can come in handy once in a while.

My thought is more deoxys, thundurus, lugia and snorlax (maybe palkia), It powers your deck up deoxys and a colress machine with a rainbow does what mewtwo cannot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back