Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Team Play - Kricketune MT

Prime

Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host
This question is regarding the new Team Play format. Let's say that both me and my teammate are running the Kricketune from Mysterious Treasures in our decks. For Kricketune's second attack, Concerto, would it count the number of Kricketots and Kricketunes in both mine and my opponent's play area, or would it just count the number of them in my play area.

There is a mention of effects that affect all pokemon in play in the official format document:
Effects and attacks which refer to “all Pokémon in play” affect all
Pokémon in play for both teams.
But I am unsure of if this situation would fit this situation. Kricketune does mention "all pokemon in play", so my feeling is that it might fit this situation.

Thanks

Concerto does 40 damage "plus 10 more damage for each Kricketot and Kricketune you have in play".

For Concerto let's say you and your teammate are playing Kricketune. Because of the card reference rule in Team, when when you attack you may count either your own Kricketots/Kricketunes or your teammate's for the damage calculation.

Your opponent's Kricke-tot/tune in no way count as ones that "you have in play".

Now, if the card text had said 'count the number of Kricketot and Kricketune in play' then you would count every one in play from both teams. That would be a bit broken. As it is, the you card reference let's Concerto choose between the teammates for the best damage.

Back