Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Team USSPCR's Lighthouse Lure(Dp-on)(AmphTurnCruel)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Mason

That's right, I'll stick that tag on again. FOREVER.

Pokemon--25

3-2-1 Lanturn LA
3-3 Tentacruel LA
2-1-2 Ampharos SW
2-2 Claydol GE
4 Absol SW

Supporters/Trainers/Stadiums--20

4 Bebe's Search
2 Roseanne's Research
3 Rare Candy
3 Prof. Oak's Visit
2 Cynthia's Plan
2 Warp Point
2 Night Maintenance
2 Lake Boundary

Energy--15

3 Call Energy
7 Lightning
5 Water

Tentacool LV.16 – Water – HP50
Basic Pokemon
[C] Crystal Barrier: Flip a coin, if heads prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to Tentacool during your opponent's next turn.
[W] Mysterious Beam: Flip a coin, if heads discard 1 Energy attached to the Defending Pokemon.
Weakness: Lightning (+10)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

Tentacruel LV.37 – Water – HP90
Stage 1 – evolves from Tentacool
[.] Tentacle Tease: Choose up to 2 Energy cards from your opponent's discard pile, and attach them to your opponent's Pokemon in any way you like. Then, do 20 damage to each of your opponent's Pokemon that had Energy attached, for each Energy card you attached.
[W][C][C] Dangerous Toxin: 60 damage. If Tentacruel has fewer Energy cards attached to it than the Defending Pokemon, the Defending Pokemon is now Poisoned and Paralyzed.
Weakness: Lightning (+20)

Cynthia's Plan– Supporter
Return your hand to your deck and shuffle your deck. Then, draw 4 cards from your deck.
If any of your Pokemon were Knocked Out on your opponent's previous turn, draw and additional 4 cards.
You can use a Supporter once during your turn. To use it, play it next to your Active Pokemon and discard it at the end of your turn.

Lanturn LV.43 – Lightning – HP90
Stage 1 – Evolves from Chinchou
[L] Energy Split: Does 30 damage to each of your opponent's Pokemon that has any Energy attached to it.
[L][C][C] Aqua Bolt: Does 60 damage plus an additional 10 damage for each Water Energy attached to Lanturn.
Weakness: Fighting (+20)
Retreat: 2

Chinchou LV.15 – Water – HP60
Basic Pokemon
[C] Supersonic: Flip a coin, if heads the Defending Pokemon is now Confused.
[W] Splash: 10 damage.
Weakness: Grass (+10)
Retreat: 2

Lanturn LV.39 – Water – HP90
Stage 1 – Evolves from Chinchou
[C][C] Wild Current: 20 damage. Move 1 Energy attached to the Defending Pokemon to one of your opponent's other Pokemon. (If your opponent only has 1 Pokemon in play, ignore this effect.)
[W][L] Confuse Ray: 40 damage. The Defending Pokemon is now Confused.
Weakness: Grass (+20)

As always, translations are courtesy of PokeBeach.

Now to the deck strategy. I threw this together, having no way to test it yet, but I feel it works in theory. The strategy? Take advantage of your opponent's Energy spread. There are multiple ways to do this, though vs. Kingdra it will be only too easy, seeing as they discard the stuff like people throw away gum. You can discard forcibly via Absol, if they are unwilling to cooperate, and of course knock out one or two pokes. Then Tentacle Tease energy onto your opponent and come at them with The Lightning Lanturn's Energy Split. Nice. Also, you can simply use the Water Lanturn's attack, Wild Current, to force extra energy off of the defending pokemon onto everyone else. Tentacruel can also be very nasty against Kindra by attaching energy he discard to him, which he cant use anyway, and laughing when he can't Aqua Stream his energy back in. ;)

30 to all, 30 to all...one or two turns to knock them all out? Also, Ampharos for even more damage spread to help things along. Ampharos also punishes energy carriers by doing 20 to all holding it if you discard. This deck looks set to destroy Kingdra, but as for the others, only time will tell.

This is most likely to stay as fun deck, but if anyone wants to do some testing, tell me how it goes. :D Fixes please too, after all this is practically the Alpha stage.

Also, other names for this deck? Hmmm.... The Pharoh's Curse, Sting, Cruel Lanterns? Names would be nice too, yeah. :d

Matchups

I've played a a few games...more to come

Scepterra 55-45

I woukld have thought this to be a harder matchup, but with all the energy, it's not terrible. Torterra, as always, can be a beast. But beatable, and slightly in your favor. KO Sceppies for great justice.

Last edited:
Looks very good, but if you want to maximize the deck potential, i would play 4 Absol to get the Absol start

Actually, i think i have an idea.

Since with the Lanturn's, you should mostly be doing Energy Split and Wild Current to do energy damage and move energy, i would probably do this

-2 Water Energy
+2 Absol

Lemme know what you think about it, and maybe give it a try

Shoot, I dunno. I still need Water for tentacle tease and stuff. If I can figure out how to add cards on appr, I'll try it.

Maybe 1-1 less Tentcruel? 1-1 less Lanturn?

Tentacle Tease is a free attack...

Anyway, if you don't want to get rid of water energy, then i would probably drop 1 Chinchou and 1 Water Lanturn

No. For each energy you attach to a pokemon, do 20 damage to that pokemon. That means you could do 40 to one by attaching two to one 20 to 2 different pokes attaching 1 energy to each of them.

Numerous reasons. You don't want more than 1 lightning on Amp, Tentacruel uses waters, lightning Lanturn does more damage with waters, etc.

Hmmm... Nice idea, it could work... I can only see a few things I would change. :biggrin:

1. Max out on lightning Lanturn and get rid of the water Lanturn. The water ones just don't contribute much to the deck. Actually, a 3-3 Lightning Lanturn may be best... :cool:

2. I'd get rid of Ampharos, nice idea, but it makes a stage 1 deck run rare candy... Which it should not. :nonono:

3. Nevermind... Forgot TGM didn't discard... :rolleyes::wink:

4. +1 Roseannes, +2 Absol. This should be pretty much self-explanitory. Whatever room you have left add in some Pokedex handy, or that talked about Energy Patch. :smile:

I may try a deck like this sometime. It looks kind of fun! :biggrin:

Last edited:
Ampharos has nice heavy hitting though too!I think maybe I need to test the deck before taking out Water Lanturn or him...

Mars doesn't discard?

What does pokedex handy do again?

No. For each energy you attach to a pokemon, do 20 damage to that pokemon. That means you could do 40 to one by attaching two to one 20 to 2 different pokes attaching 1 energy to each of them.

that's not the way I'm reading it but ok, as for the list I think you need another call because 4>3 and you have a better chance to have it when starting.

Ugh, this list is so tight...do I even need Claydol? I know he's good and all but I just wonder if he's necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back