Telepass Gardy tech?

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by ShuckleLVX, Jan 2, 2008.

1. ShuckleLVX

ShuckleLVX Active Member

So, im thinking about teching the Telepass Gardevoir into my deck, 1-0-1. I have a couple pokeballs that are FARRR too fickle, and need to be replaced. My original plan was a couple of Oaks Vists, but had the crazy idea to tech the Gardy instead when i pulled one from a pack a few days ago. Any thoughts?

I run DS Feraligatr, DS Flygon, and DS Deoxys, Decklist here http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=64996

(I hope this is in the right place >.<)

2. Let Fire Fall

Let Fire Fall New Member

no, you run 2 other S2's already. You'll never get Gardy out.

3. Hatter™

Hatter™ Active Member

^lol wanna bet ; )
    but in your deck I probably wouldnt run it

4. pokemaniac93

pokemaniac93 New Member

you need to tech a 2-1-2-1 Gardy Lv.X because you can use Telepass and also Teleportation if you take heavy damage.

5. ShuckleLVX

ShuckleLVX Active Member

I dont have room for that, and the only reason i have been considering the Gardy to begin with is Telepass. I dont intend to ever have gardy active. Something will be going wrong if that happens.

Besdies, i dont have a gardyX ^_-

6. Darkwalker

Darkwalker New Member

A 1-0-1 tech line has been done before and Gardevoir is a more than viable choice for something like that. The problem with teching a Stage 2 line in is getting it out and onto your bench consistantly. The tech also has to cover a small flaw your deck might have against a deck or stategy. A 1-0-1 Gardevoir tech can nullify a hand disruption strategy almost by itself. Your deck that you linked to might make better use of a 1-1 Fearow or a 1-0-1 Nidoqueen d, but Gardevoir is an OK option as well.

7. ShuckleLVX

ShuckleLVX Active Member

I thought about Queen at first, but my issue never seems to be pokemon as much as it is candys and plus powers at the right time, and i need straight draw for that. I can get more consistant draw power sapping off my oponents then i could with 2 more oaks. Im going to give this a shot at league this saturday, and if it works out alright, ill try it at Portland citys sunday.