Tennessee State Championship

Discussion in 'State/Province/Territory Championships' started by ScythKing, Mar 15, 2004.

1. ScythKing

ScythKing Member

I know that several of you have been chomping at the bit for this and I apologize for the delay even though things were out of my control there for a bit.
    The good news is that a venue has finally been procured that satisfies PUI.

Where: Guest House International
    2420 Music Valley Drive
    Nashville, TN 37214
    Voice: (615) 885-4030
    web: Guest House International
    When: April 17, 2004
    Entry fee: $8
    Registration starts 10:00 AM CST to 11:00 AM CST
    Event starts between 11:30 AM and 12:00 AM CST

Located next to Nashvilles' premier mall, Opry Mills, and the OpryLand Hotel.
    Plenty of local shopping and things to do for the parents and non-participants.
    Plenty of local eating establishments within walking distance.
    The web site above lists details on all the above.
    Contact information email: tn_pokemon_to@comcast.net

Regards,
    Jon

2. meganium45

meganium45 Active Member

Chaw, hope to see you all there!

M45

3. ultimate_healer

ultimate_healer New Member

Yeah i can finally have everybody step on my turf here in Middle TN. You should expect to see me there because i have to defend my title of being City Champion of Memphis. Can't wait to see you all there.

4. ColdCoates90

ColdCoates90 New Member

Lol nobody's defending any title at States just trying to gain a title. Hopefully see you at States!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2004
  5. ultimate_healer

true but i still am defending my title. Oh and David, you will love meeting John, he is the coolest guy i know.

6. ScythKing

ScythKing Member

Titles and important omission fixup... announcement

Glad to hear you think so - I take all those nasty things I said about you back. ;-)
    By the way - I neglected to mention in my haste that we are honored to have the infamous Meganium 45 as Head Judge. So trouble-makers beware! ;-)

PS: Did I also mention that we've (the PTO's) been asked to submit for a Gym Challenge? That also will be in Nashville if I can get one here. So we need a good showing at States y'all! Trust me when I say we WANT the Gym Challenge as it has something everyone has been waiting for!

7. ultimate_healer

Yes we need all of you people to show up so we can have this Gym Challenge.

8. Red5bv06

Red5bv06 <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

I plan on showing up! Gonna be loads of fun!
    I might have to bum a ride off of you, though, Jon ;)

9. ColdCoates90

ColdCoates90 New Member

ScythKing, do you have any idea of what will be played there?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2004
  10. meganium45

meganium45 Active Member

Rumor has it that it will be this crazy new game called Pokemon, where your monsters battle your opponent's monsters.....

Seriously, it is probably too early to get an idea on the field.

I know there will be Gardevoir played. I know there will be BlazikenEX played, and probably RAQ. Rumor has it there are some Amphy players coming out of Memphis, but we shall see.

Who knows what TMvTA will shake from the trees. I will be bringing deck "Newman's Folly" for anyone who wants a run at it, along with my "real" deck.

M45

11. ultimate_healer

i know what most of the Memphis players play but no clue on Chatt. players. Should be interesting to see how this turns out.

12. swanton1717

swanton1717 New Member

I'll be there =)

13. ScythKing

ScythKing Member

Finally

They finally got the info up on the pokemon-tcg website. So those of you worrying - you can breathe deep now ;-)

14. ultimate_healer

only a week away til states.

15. meganium45

meganium45 Active Member

Chaw, Chaw!!!!

Just a reminder to bring your friends! The bigger these events, the better they are!!!

I know firsthand how great the Memphis players are, and look forward to meeting the "powers" from Chatanooga and Nashville - along with other areas!!!!

See you in a week!

Meganium45

16. ultimate_healer

unfortunatly for you guys, the only power from Nashville is me. Im pretty much the last player Nashville has because SuperSpymewtwo isn't going to be able to make it to this event.

17. ScythKing

ScythKing Member

Justin should be there for 10 under from Nashville. Why can't Josh make it?

18. ultimate_healer

Josh' two brothers are coming in from New Mexico and California and its his moms b-day and they are going to surprise her for her b-day.

19. ColdCoates90

ColdCoates90 New Member

Its turns out that I'll be able to make it thanks to Poke_Dad! I'll see you all this Saturday! :D

20. ultimate_healer

more memphis players and i get a shot at poke_dad in the 15+. This tournament is just getting better and better