Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

TFG League?

LegacyEeveeVGC

Is anyone going to be holding TFG Leagues or Anything like that?
i know the one I am going to might have one down the road...
I was just wondering about others...

I'd love to see a TFG League or any kind of OP for it, for league I think it'd be easier to just incorporate the TFG to the TCG league. Like maybe add a second point system for the TFG and get something like a promo figure or other memorabilia from the games besides badges like contest ribbons etc. I'm going to encourage people playing the TFG and I'd like to give them points for it so it'd be fun to incorporate that.

A league separate to the TCG I think would only conflict with the TCG league unless it was allowed to be run at the same time or something like that.

I set up a demo of it at my league this weekend.
Didn't give out any points for it, though.

I'm probably going to set up a League area at the local place to see if I can get some of the little kids interested in the game.

Won't distribute points, as that's against league policy, but hopefully a league will start in the future.

From what I understood from local league leaders in my area POP is not wanting at this time to support league (or any other kind of OP) for the TFG at this time. Not to be suprised as the game just came out. However I would like to see the league have the TCG and the TFG together. Here is how I think it would work.

First off why would we want the two together? Well simply put stores are just not going to want to have seperate times for both the TCG and the TFG together, its bad enough now that POP won't let tournaments run during league. Because most stores in my area have to deal with at least 10 other games through out the week, including Magic, Yu-Gi-Oh, Star Wars minis, warcraft, X-Box live games, and who knows what else. Simply put Pokemon needs to be Pokemon in general if both the TCG and the TFG is to survive in orgainzed play.

Now how would a league system implimenting both the TCG and the TFG work? Well first think about how the games are made, obviously the TFG is more expensive to produce than the TCG, so obviously to earn free figures in comparison to free cards is very unlikely. First off I think that players should still be able to earn the same points based on both games. Secondly badges can still be earned. Then I think that mostly POP packs for the TCG should be earned equally amongest players like they have been. Now for the TFG side I would say that like four exclusive promo figures per league should be offered for the highest scoring players. I am not even sure this is a reasonable expense for PUI but it would definetly generate more excitement for the league on both sides and give players something more to shoot for because the TFG is more like a toy than the TCG and everyone loves toys. So by making it hard to earn TFG prizes I believe it can generate more excitement for both games.

I talked with the leader of our league and she said we might be holding it in November after everyone has had time to get the sets and learn to play
and make a team...

Back