Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

TFG tournament (booster draft )

sgtdarryl

If you are the Charleston SC Area on the 29 March 08 ther will be TFG/booster draft held at the Charleston Anime 7671 Dorchester Rd ,North Charleston SC. (mapquest for directions )

there is at store buy in for this event ,
Prizes awarded based on attendance and entry : More info to come in the following days (date /time confirmed prizes ect...)

Hmmm...anyone have a clue how far this store would be from Savannah, Ga? =D

Uhm...I was wondering if the tournament was set back to a later date or something...because I checked the March newsletter which said the following:

March 15 - Pokemon TFG Tournament - !2:00 noon, $17 entry fee, TFG starter for all participants!

Though it does also say the following:

Pokemon Tournaments – Saturday, March 15 and Saturday, March 29, 12:00 noon. Registration fee to play, prizes awarded for all registrants, prizes also awarded for 1st through 4th place winners. Guaranteed fun for everyone!

Last edited:
The time for this event is 1:00pm pre registration is from 12:00 until 1:00
standard rules for TFG and Draft will apply all rules will explain the day of the event

Attendees please bring your POP Id numbers participation points will be awarded for this event

Prizes:

Awarded to the 1st thur 4th place contestants all are welcome to experience and enjoy this event

Sponsered by Charleston Anime and the members of the Charleston Pokemon-tcg leagues

Last edited:
I wish I could go, but unfortunately or fortunately (depending on your point of view, but hey at least i'll be making money right?) I just got selected for work-study at the Montgomery Equipment cage here at the Savannah College of Art and Design; yes it might be hard to imagine but i'm a college student XD. I don't think my boss would be willing to let me off the first Saturday i'm scheduled to work; it was a 9:30a-1p shift, so I couldn't make it even if I wanted sadly. I was going to come all the way from Savannah, Ga just so I could attend the tournament :/ Oh well, maybe next time...

I'll pass this info to my other friends that play the TFG, so maybe they'll still attend ^_^ If you participate Sgtdarryl, I wish you luck and hope this event is a big success; so that future tournaments will be held, and hopefully I can attend one ^_^;

D`oh

yer, it said charlestown SC.... over here we have a charlestown SC exept its Shopping Centre and its got a games shop so you can see what i was thinking.......:thumb:

my mistake ......I should have more clear Charleston , South Carolina USA....I'll keep that in mind the next post I make .

Oh well. Too bad everything is in America(in terms of tourneys). I missed my first chance at playing TFG.

Last edited:
Well good news ladies and gentlemen! I got my hours changed to Friday, due to an opening in the schedule. I was originally scheduled for Saturdays 9:30-1p, but now I have the same hours on Fridays ^_^ I can wake up for Transformers animated, and don't have to drag myself out of bed on a weekend at 8:30a now! I just have to take two early morning shift back to back, geting up at 6:30a on Thursday, then 8:30a on Fridays. However, now I can go to the TFG tournament and perhaps I can at least watch the D/P DS Tournament ^_^

I hate to double post, but since Sgtdarryl hasn't reported in from the tournament, I thought that maybe as someone who participated in it that I might give some opinions/critiques. Please keep in mind that i'm not flaming, or attacking anyone involved with this event. All in all, I had a good time despite having rather lousy circumstances the last few days (having 0 money put into my school debit account after calling to have that done, not being able to get direct deposit arranged for my work-study due to lack of a voided check, trying to buy snacks at the convi store only to get insufficient funds due to my school debit card not having the funds I asked to have put on it 4 hours before hand, and just my general bad luck at the tournament with losing all the rounds I played in ^_^; )

Sgtdarryl, thank you for putting this on and i'm sorry there wasn't more of a turn out. I can say myself, and my friends had fun. The retail location it was out was nice, and I purchased some nice things. If I have another opportunity to attend a TFG Tournament there I definetly would.

On the negative end of things, I think you could benefit from being more familiar with the rules. I know you understood the basics of it, but there were some small things you weren't aware of. Just as an example, combat ends if a blue space such as dodge comes up. A new combat isn't initiated until the next players turn and if they decide to do it. I also know you were excited, however, things were a bit rushed at points. In the future, it might be best, as you were the contest runner if you were to play to have a secondary ref that was familiar with the game to give calls. I know you were also trying something completely new, and I understand that. However, more preparation would have only made things better. With the dice rolling system for Pokemon and not having the full pool available sort of causes things to back fire slightly. In the future, i'll be bringing my Pokemon TFG figures even if they are not needed; I figured with it being a booster draft, we'd be literally pulling teams from boosters like you would with a card game.

I'm only saying these things, so that in the future tournaments and your own play are improved. I totally respect you dude, and I hope I can play against you in the TFG again sometime. I have a recommendation for the booster draft format that you tried to make. Instead of doing a system based off of dice rolling for available Pokemon, make it where you already have 3 Pokemon boosters with numbers assigned to them. The entrants then roll a dice, and whatever number they get equals the booster they shall receive. I also think a 3 Pokemon teams makes more sense than having teams of only 2 Pokemon.

In the event a non-Pokemon comes up in the blind slot, then people could roll for an additional Pokemon either of their own or provided by yourself or one of the single packs. I do have one harsh critique, and this has more to do with individual judgment than something that can be judged by rules. Myself and 3 others came from Savannah, Ga to attend your tournament which was a 2 hour car ride both ways. I had a great time, however, I wish since you had been the tournament organizer had given up the first place prize to someone else. It would have been a really wonderful gesture, and would have given a better opinion towards the tournament which already was hampered by the lack of people.

Once again, I stress that I don't mean anything of ill will towards yourself. I hope the tournaments continue, and improve for the better with more people attending. I want to thank you once again, we had a great time and I hope I can play against you in the future.

Last edited:
I'll be more informed next time .....(rules of play) and thank I had a good time as well I will make another event after regionals for this area is over;With bigger prizes and more figures to use, ect..... Later

Why is everything in the US? There's no way I'll ever be rich enough to get there!
as i understand this event, it was something the store itself decided to hold on their own initiative, and not something that POP sponsored, like a premier event. this was a local tourney...so what's stopping a store local to you from doing the same?

just saying 'why is everything in the US?' won't get you tournaments. get players together at your local store and request that they hold something like this; after all, all they can say is 'no'...and who knows, they may say 'yes'.

'mom

Back