TFG tourney report (double elimination)

Discussion in 'Trading Figure Game' started by BloodDraek, Dec 2, 2007.

1. BloodDraek

BloodDraek New Member

TFG tourney report (double elimination)

Attendance - 7 people
    rounds - 4 or something
    best 2/3 games
    admission - FREE!
    My team
    murkrow
    treeko
    murkrow
    lugia
    absol
    eevee

round 1 Mike peral Team -meowth,murkrow,murkrow,kyogre,zangoose, 1 more figure that I don't remember

game 1

he beat me pretty fast so I don't really remember

game 2

this was longer, he defended his goal with zangoose and when I attacked wth murkrow he would swords dance the dodge. Eventually I put the double choke on him and it was over.

game 3

He had a misplay and I won Turn 2. Murkrow FTW

Round 2
    Robert chirco Team - I don't really remember

Game 1

He took me down before could double chhoke him, his spins were pretty bad though. I lost game 1 so I have to come back

Game 2

I got the choke on him by like turn 5 and almost T2ed him but he longthrowed his lugia. Choke them all!

Game 3

Same as game 2.

Round 3
    Gregory Team -spearow, and that was the gamebreaker for the tourney.

Game 1

He spears me by t2 (SPEAROW IS BEAST)

Game 2

I mayed the misplay of attacking the krow game 1, this time I sent out absol to block. This went for a long time but once I double choked him and absolized his lugia, it was over. Whoever wins this basically wins touney because the next opponent would be an easy win.

Game 3

I did everything I could to stop him, but the speared me in the face, nough said. GG Greg

Round 4

BYE

I watched greg spear mike peral in the face.
    GJ Greg!

Props

Having fun
    Getting a murkrow in the 2 pack I got
    FREE Tournament!
    getting 2nd

slops

Getting speared in the face!

thanx for reading

2. hectagonman

hectagonman New Member

Keep in mind that nobody proably knows what a "choke" is

3. BloodDraek

BloodDraek New Member

Choke means lock in your opponent's entry points. A double choke is when you lock both of them in and therefore your opponent can't win unless a miracle happens.

4. Burninating_Torchic

Burninating_Torchic New Member

Or, yknow, they could just kill the Pokemon on the entry point with one of their Pokemon that's already on the field...

5. BloodDraek

BloodDraek New Member

and if you fail at killing the pokemon, you lose. No matter what, the choke is a tough possition to get out of

6. Burninating_Torchic

Burninating_Torchic New Member

Or you could use Long Throw...

There are plenty of ways to get out of your "unbeatable" choke position. It's not that hard.

7. BloodDraek

BloodDraek New Member

look seriously, if you play 1 long throw and waste it T2 while I murkrow lockyou then you cant use it when I double lock you. And you really like to look at things that you could do in the double choke position, if I faced you I would finish you quicker than Spearow wins the game

8. Jigglychu

Jigglychu New Member

Wow, we already have TFG slang developing. Perhaps there is hope for it after all....

9. BloodDraek

BloodDraek New Member

was that a compliment or an insult, I'm not to bright

10. Jigglychu

Jigglychu New Member

Neither, unless it was you who coined the term. I thought the TFG would go down in flames, and have been working to increase its popularity. But if tourneys and lingo are developing.....

11. BloodDraek

BloodDraek New Member

got it, what does coined mean, if it means I made it up or stole it from someone, I made it up

12. Jigglychu

Jigglychu New Member

To coin a slang word or term means to invent it. Sorry, I thought it was a known term already, and that TFG lingo was developing already.

13. BloodDraek

BloodDraek New Member

k thanx for clearing that up, but I still don't think there is enough faith in the TFG

14. hectagonman

hectagonman New Member

There isn't enough faith in the TFG because people with TFG break a BUNCH of figures and people watching seem to get discouraged watching it happen. Quite unfortunate.

15. hitmonchan93

hitmonchan93 New Member

The figure prices are also expensive for figures, so it'll have some trouble catching on with TCG players, but don't get me wrong, this could catch on and get it's own OP too.

16. Axel D Ogu

Axel D Ogu New Member

I've played a LOT of battles and i've never had or seen a piece break MID spin. (and I used to play a Ho-Oh) So you have to be really awkward I think so spin and break a piece, as its really easy to spin with relative care.

Now broken figures in boosters at stores....another issue entirly....

17. hectagonman

hectagonman New Member

Where in my post did I say they broke midspin? OH!! I didn't.

18. BloodDraek

BloodDraek New Member

charizard will sometimes break midspin because of its weight. Happened to the first one that was opened at the store